Pixar and Khan Academy are presenting free animation courses called "Pixar in a box" which is being sponsored by Disney. if you want to learn to animate who is better than the best in the subject, don't miss this great opportunity.
The objective of this course is to animate by using mathematics; an array of videos with a serios of questions shows us the magic of math in scenes and characters designs.
The course is divided in seven subjects:
- Animation: Shows you how to use geometry to create movement.
- Environment modeling: teaches with examples of parabolic arcs to create leafs and nature.
- Character modeling: teaches modeling with digital clay.
- Crowds: shows you how to make crowds.
- Sets & stagings: teach the process of virtual creating by geometric transformation.
- Rendering: using algebra in the process of digital painting of pixels.
While is not necessary have advanced knowledge in 3D tools or image processing, it is importan having math knowledge since they use a lot of it concepts.
The course is available in multiple languages, don't miss this oportunity to learn