What is a Plugin?
A plugin is a "addon" that you put on your server that lets you do tons of different stuff. There are thousands of different plugins that players have created.
What Plugins Does the ADK Minecraft Server Have?
The ADK vanilla server has 34 plugins. That number is always changing as the developers add and remove plugins. I am going to give you a discription of the main plugins that the ADK server uses.
1. Action House- Lets you put an item for a certain amount of money. This is done by doing /auc sell (cost). It sells the item that you are holding currently. You can buy stuff by doing /ah and then finding an item on there and clicking on it twice, but you have to have the amount of money that the person selling it for put.
2. Clearlag- This plugin is for the server mostly but it plays a big role for the players also. Every 30 minutes clearlag activates and it deletes all entities in the world (It only deletes blocks thrown in the world not animals and mobs). I gives a few warnings before it activates so don't mine diamonds when the 20 second notification is said in chat!
3. Dynmap- I just learned about this plugin personally and it is a very cool one. I will put a link to go to the sight, but pretty much when you go to the sight it updates like every 30 seconds (more or less). So if your building something huge that you want to see on a map then you would go to the website to see it. Website URL: http://18.104.22.168:8123/?worldname=world&mapname=flat&zoom=5&x=290&y=64&z=-116
4. Essentials- This is the big boy plugin. This plugin lets you use mostly all the commands players use on a day to day basis. I will put a link to a command list that essentials lets you use. (Notice: You will not be able to use a lot of these plugins but it will tell you what commands you could use) Website: http://www.minecraftserverhost.net/secure/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=30
5. GriefPretection- This plugin keeps your house from getting destroyed and all that. You can change the boundaries with a gold shovel and the longer you spend on the server, the more blocks you can "claim" I will put a video on how all this works and you also get a book on how when you first join the server. Video:
6. KillerMoney- This plugin is where when you kill mobs it gives you a random amount of money.
7. Lucky Perms- This is the plugin that controls what commands you can and cant use. It also puts ADK Member or ADMIN in front of you name.
8. McMMO- This is another big plugin. I cant say all that it does but as your mining, fighting, or falling off stuff your mcmmo goes up and you can Mine faster, do more damage when fighting, and even take less damage from falling off stuff.
9. RandomTeleport- Teleports you somewhere random in the world by doing /rtp.
10. WorldEdit- This is the ultimate Building plugin. Players do not have access to anything relating with this plugin but what it does is you can paste stuff in that you find on the internet. You can make giant Trump walls or you can make a dome and fill it with lava. The possibilities are infinite with this plugin.
11. Last but not least WorldBorder- This plugin is where it makes a border around a certain area. ADK's border is -6000 x 6000. Meaning that you have 12,000 to do what ever you want!
I just want to say a few more things:
1. There are so many things to do in minecraft and when you add plugins there is just so much more to do. So if you haven't been on the server or if you have but you don't get on a lot at all, Please come hang out. The players that play it all the time and the staff really love to see players on the server!
2. If you really enjoy the server please donate. We need money to have these servers up.
3. I would like to give a special thanks to all the minecraft Staff. But one staff I would really like to say Thank you, He set up almost everyone of these plugins that I listed and he did a great job. Thank you @Jadenfor getting these plugins working.
4. There will be many changes to the server/ Minecraft itself. I hope that you will support us throughout all of this change and keep playing!