Hey there Dino Lovers!
We have updated our servers to v264.15! We are all becoming very anxious and excited for the release of the game officially in August! Keep in mind that there are still a lot of unknowns that we are waiting to have word on for the release of the game and we will let you guys know of any changes that happen along the way.
A link to the complete patch notes can be found HERE
With that being said the ARK staff have sat down and we are bringing a few, mostly minor changes to the server!
- Loot Crate multipliers - The quality of items found in the loot drops around the world has been very disappointing to players. An option has been added for us to increase the quality of items within those loot crates and we have turned it up! (We are testing this change over the next little while)
- Fishing loot multiplier - We have also increased the loot quality of drops obtained while fishing! (We are testing this change over the next little while)
- Unicorn Spawn Restriction Removed - Previously only one Unicorn could be present on a map at any given time including if a Unicorn had been tamed. Now there can always be one wild Unicorn on the map, when it is tamed, another one can spawn. Happy Hunting!
- Dino tame decay turned on - Previously admins had to manually deal with abandoned player dinos. We have turned on the passive timer for making another players dinosaurs claimable by anyonr. We have increased the amount of time for dinosaurs to be claimable to 31 days.
Player demolish timer - We are doubling the current player demolish timer, we felt that players who were taking advantage of the hived servers were forced to go back to other servers more often then they would have liked. The new demolish timers are approximately as follows:
- Wood: 12 days
- Stone: 24 Days
- Metal: 30 days
- Tek: 40 days
- Platform saddles will now allow multi level building - As always please be respectful of other players building spaces when traveling around with mobile structures. Please note that admins WILL tear down mobile structures obstructing other players bases and no compensation will be given.
- Player respecing - A change was made a few patches ago to only allow players to respec using a mindwipe tonic once per level. This change was, in our opinion, a change that was made directed at PVP servers. We are reverting this change to that players can respec to fit the content they are currently working on.
Lastly please note, a dino wipe has been initiated on all servers, this is only to accommodate the changes made to the Ragnarok server spawns as well as the Pegomastix and Microraptors being re-added to the server.
If you have any questions about any of our changes please feel free to post or talk to an ARK Staff in discord!
Hope to see you guys around the ARK!