Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
thatirishguy

Star Citizen Hits $65 Million: Meow is the Time and the Sky is the Limit

StarCitizen.jpg

$65,000,000

Star Citizen, the iconic crowd sourcing monster from Roberts Space Industries and Cloud Imperium, has blown past yet another Stretch Goal. RSI has reached $65 million in crowd sourcing. In case you didn't realize, that is a whole lot of zeros guys.

Holy Crap, That is $97.60 per Citizen. Though this is just an average it really doesn't look like they are letting up anytime soon.

Chris Roberts himself said we would be getting pets at $64 million. And I'm not talking that Japanese Chocobo pet or that knock-off geo-pet crap, we are talking total pet immersion. Backers asked for modular improvements and RSI has said this will be a "major feature" with these modular ships he keeps talking about. My attention is grabbed yet again.

“...we have a major feature we’re investigating as an option. Suffice it to say, we’ve heard a lot of your feedback about modular ships and we want to expand our plan for how to do them… so check back next letter for more information!”

I don't know about pets but I am paying attention to the modular ships statements. I suppose we will have to wait until the next Letter to hear more. I think it is about time, what do you think?

Until then, fly on over to the RSI pages and catch a look at the last letter Chris Roberts put out:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14354-Letter-From-The-Chairman-Multi-Crew-Ship-Systems

Who doesn't like more information on Multi-Crew ships?

It's time to Stick and Move Rudder like you mean business!

Size Comparison Chart 

Shweet, any word when fps module will be out?

We have heard March or April several times in regards to the FPS module. Hopefully because it is in it's own pipeline it is independent and unaffected by delays from other studios.  :ph34r:

65 million..wow

I remember when this game was at 20 million.

Currently most expensive game to develop is destiny standing at 140 million.

With all the things being implemented in Star Citizen, i would not mind if it goes beyond 140mil.

Do you happen to know if that was all development costs, or if that includes marketing?

In my opinion, no one really knows.

They say the long term investment will run $500 million, but not sure what total costs are as of today.

Gears of War 1 cost around 10 million I believe.

That game was lame in my opinion.

Do you happen to know if that was all development costs, or if that includes marketing?

From what i looked up, that was $140million in development cost only.

In my opinion, no one really knows.

They say the long term investment will run $500 million, but not sure what total costs are as of today.

Gears of War 1 cost around 10 million I believe.

That game was lame in my opinion.

I agree, was never interested in Destiny...at all.

Still almost half a billion on marketing and development is a crazy amount.

Will be interesting to see the $  Star Citizen puts out for marketing.

Edited by PunishaKelv

I had such high hopes for Destiny... but then I saw what was actually being put out, and I despaired.

Bought it for the xbox one when it released.

Started playing it again last month.

I wasn't impressed at first nor was I impressed after the updates.