Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
ibulleti

why don't keyboards have mounted joysticks?

Could be just a small console style joystick on one side to make driving/flying more intuitive, or full blown HOTAS with throttle and joystick. How long will we be burdened by tapping WASD? There are some pretty expensive keyboards on the market, I'd probably shell out 200 bucks for a keyboard with joysticks. Am I on to something here, or just a bad idea? Concept art below

I do a lot of professional grade graphic design irl, so if anything is needed for the front page keep me in mind ;P

I think we have mostly gotten used to the WASD.   I also don't think there would be a big enough market for it.  That and the packaging issues.

Here is a mod for non WASD movement.  keyboard-joystick.png

You might also be interested in this.  http://www.gizmag.com/kings-assembly-input-device/30866/

kings_assembly.jpg

I like WASD and mouse for shooters when i am infantry, but when i fly a helicopter or plane i use an external joystick  http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Extreme-Joystick-Silver-Black/dp/B00009OY9U lots of buttons and my personal favorite. An external joystick is pretty easy to setup and use too

I like WASD and mouse for shooters when i am infantry, but when i fly a helicopter or plane i use an external joystick  http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Extreme-Joystick-Silver-Black/dp/B00009OY9U lots of buttons and my personal favorite. An external joystick is pretty easy to setup and use too

an external joystick is easy, but it'd be far more space efficient to have one on a keyboard and would be a nice addition, even just for web browsing

Yes, I do suppose that may help some people, but to me, part of PC gaming means taking uo more space and I am totally fine with it, now I do understand why some may want one on the keyboard, but my personal opinion is that seems a little silly, espacially when you can just buy a joystick like the above or find one at the thrift store if your low on money. Don't mean to offend, just my personal opinion on it.

Yes, I do suppose that may help some people, but to me, part of PC gaming means taking uo more space and I am totally fine with it, now I do understand why some may want one on the keyboard, but my personal opinion is that seems a little silly, espacially when you can just buy a joystick like the above or find one at the thrift store if your low on money. Don't mean to offend, just my personal opinion on it.

yeah fair enough, it does come with it, but that doesn't mean it should :P no offence taken, I just liked the idea. and money wouldn't really be a part of it, just on the higher end expensive keyboards a small joystick could be used for basics. 

@[member='lordhi']  That would work well with a child's hand.  So small.  

Then you could just extend it? Was trying to do that pic in a hurry and it's a bit annoying to duplicate the border like that :P