Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
HansJob

Just "RAM" it in, baby

Get it? No.... ok.

Another issue i cannot seem to find an answer for, are ram cards made by different companies/propriaters compatible?

Basically, can i stuff my computer with ram cards from Kingston and ram cards from some other company? 

Besides that little question, what people make the best ram cards? DDR3 is what i'm looking for... I don't think my motherboard supports anything else. If it works that way. Like, what is considered "Above average" in memory? What do you guys have?

@[member='HansJob']  I run gskill when I order online but Corsair Vengeance when I'm at my local microcenter.   I don't run anything real crazy, just 1600mhz ddr3.  Games run just fine on it. 

@ HansJob I also run G.Skill

If you want to mix up RAM in  your rig, it may not work at all. It's always the best to use RAM from the same company with the same memory Clock speed (e.g. 1600 Mhz).

Even if it's the same company, you can(t) mix up different memory speeds.

It really depends on which company u try to combine, it can work but it doesn't have to.

I think the is no "best RAM card". Some have made really good experience with a certain company e.g. for me with g.Skill but Kingstom or Corsair [...] are also really good. The best advise i can give you is: Do not save yout money on RAM, the cheapest is definetly not the best one. Compare them or search for tests on google. Sometimes they test like 16GB RAM kits from 6 different companies so you get an overview what to buy for good quality or best savings.

Mixing RAM is possible, but not recommended.

If you have 2 DIMMs, one DIMM is DDR3-1600 and the other DIMM is DDR3-2400, the 2400MHz DIMM will be underclocked to 1600MHz to match the speed of the DDR3-1600 DIMM. If your motherboard supports memory overclocking, you might be able to overclock the DDR3-1600 DIMM to 2400MHz. If you're buying multiple RAM sticks with different frequencies, they will all underclock to the speed of the slowest RAM stick. Not only that, you will be messing up the RAM timings.

Realistically though, you can mix RAM of different frequencies and different timings and you'll be fine. To be honest, you won't even notice a difference; maybe a 1-2 FPS difference in gaming.

And plus, there are only two RAM suppliers; Samsung and Hynix. This basically means that all RAM is pretty much the same. Corsair RAM is the same as Kingston RAM. G.Skill RAM is the same as Crucial RAM.

Just make sure to not mix RAM sizes. Laptop memory (SODIMM) won't work inside a desktop. Desktop memory (DIMM) won't work inside a laptop.

Time progresses...hardware gets changed...Don't use RAM from a PC from 2001 in a PC from 2010. DDR2 doesn't work with DDR3. DDR3 doesn't work with DDR4, etc.

First and foremost you need to consult your mobos spec sheet for the suggested ram and start there. Just buying ram is a bad idea.

If run different spec ram your mobo(bios) will set your memory spec to the lowest setting. If you try to over ride it (OC) you will have issues.

As stated it is best to run matched sets. When you by a set the sticks serial numbers will be right after each other (IE 1, 2, 3, 4) and are tested as a set.

Once again check your mobo spec sheet to see if your chip is dual channel (most common) or not. Best performance is to follow that suggested set up. Just because you can run 4 or more sticks doesn't mean it is a good idea.