Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
HansJob

I aquire help...

Hey Guys. I decided to "somewhat" upgrade my pc by buying a new graphics card.

Nothing too new, an Asus GeForce 750 Ti. But i cannot for the life of me figure out if it's compatible with my PC! I can't figure out if i have the power supply and if it works with my motherboard. The company doesn't even seem to have my computer listed anymore, and opening it up to check is, for me, like looking at the dashboard of an alien spacecraft.

I was wondering if there's a website that can compare your PC stats to Hardware (Like there is for games) or if maybe someone knows about the 750 Ti themselves? At the moment i have a Nividia GeForce 640. The 750 Ti doesn't seem to be that much higher on the list... But i never take chances with this stuff.

@[member='HansJob'] There IS such a site! Allow it to be your new best friend. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/

Go there and select 'System Build'. From there you can enter in every component of your PC, including any future parts you'd like to check for compatibility, and it will let you know if anything is incompatible, why it is, and that should answer your questions, Hans. 

Yea finding the info you need about a store bought pc is definately the hard part, but actually swapping out the gpu is very simple.

When did you buy your pc? what brand?

How many watts does your psu have? It should say on the inside, hopefully its at least 300W.

Both cards use PCI x 2.0 or 3.0 so they should be compatible, but we can only be sure if we knew what motherboard you have

What cpu? would hate to go through with a gpu upgrade and have a bottleneck at the cpu

It looks like the 750 ti doenst need any addiitonal power connectors from the psu, and it and your 640 both use the pci 2.0 or 3.0 bus so compatibility shouldn't be a problem, but link me to the 750 your looking at to be sure. You should see some worthy gains in performace  

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1132?vs=1130     but the 750 is still a entry level card.

So i guess first of all post any info you can find about your pc, and in the future go homebuilt =)

@[member='HansJob'] Ah yes something I didn't even consider... Are you implying that this PC you own was bought as a whole PC? Or did you build it? 

I just assumed that you built it. 

If not, then you'll need to take that sweet baby apart and find out what that motherboard is down to the exact latter in the model name. If you want to see exactly the CPU, video card and ram, you can simply go into your documents and right click on Computer, and look at properties which will tell you these things. 

You can also check out the motherboard name by accessing your BIOS on startup. 

But yeah, PCPartPicker will help you figure out if what you're wanting to do is compatible. 

@[member='Alan aka Alan'] Thank you my friend!

And yes, it's a whole PC that i bought. This is the first computer building i've ever done...

Hence me not understanding the layout, or anything really, of my PC. Opening it up doesn't really do anything for me...

I'll try the website.

@[member='ibulleti'] but i did find out the power supply (i think). I'm pretty sure that the max is 300 w.

Not much, but the 750 Ti doesn't to need any other power connections. Like you said.

Here's a link anyway, the exact store link i'm looking at it is in swedish but i'm pretty sure it's the same version.

http://www.nvidia.com/gtx-700-graphics-cards/gtx-750ti/

http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/1.71-setup-en.exe

^^^^Go there and download that software. Don't worry-it's safe. That software will detect and give you all information on your entire system including parts and models. Using this, you can go to PCPartPicker and follow those instructions I described to you and from there, you can see if this new video card will be compatible or not. 

If you have any other questions, including ones pertaining to PCpartPicker, let me know. 

Edited by Alan aka Alan

@[member='Alan aka Alan']

Well, PCpartClicker told me that the Card i have now, gtx 640, needs a TDP of 75 w. The 750 Ti only needs 60.

And they pretty much share all the same compatible motherboards, so i'm very very sure i'll go for this one. Thanks for the help guys.

(Maybe i'll try that software to be sure...)

but the 750 is still a entry level card.

It's not an entry level card...

Is it?

You've got the 560 Ti, does it work well for you? 

My 640 runs everything at medium-minumum 750 Ti must be, like, ten times better

I still just don't know enough about your current hardware to advise properly. Mainly what cpu? how much ram/memory ?

I think you would see a big increase in performance from your 640 to a 750 Ti, benchmark here: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1132?vs=1130 .

And I admit the 750 looks like it would outperform my 560 but my cards ~4 years old. It still holds up fine, my problems are actually with my cpu but thats another story. I'm not the guy who has to have everything run on ultra I always keep settings on low to improve performance.

I am sure you'd be happy with the upgrade, and it should last a few years, but normally i would recommend an investment thats going to last you a little longer than the 750 would.

But once again, none of this matters untill we find out what other hardware you have in your alien spacecraft  ;)

@[member='HansJob']

I still just don't know enough about your current hardware to advise properly. Mainly what cpu? how much ram/memory ?

I think you would see a big increase in performance from your 640 to a 750 Ti, benchmark here: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1132?vs=1130 .

And I admit the 750 looks like it would outperform my 560 but my cards ~4 years old. It still holds up fine, my problems are actually with my cpu but thats another story. I'm not the guy who has to have everything run on ultra I always keep settings on low to improve performance.

I am sure you'd be happy with the upgrade, and it should last a few years, but normally i would recommend an investment thats going to last you a little longer than the 750 would.

But once again, none of this matters untill we find out what other hardware you have in your alien spacecraft   ;)

@[member='HansJob']

Well, deciding on the 750 is set for me. None of that matters. I just thought that the 750 was atleast a mid range card.

It seems to run any game at the moment on 50+ fps. That's considered good in my opinion, some people tend to take 80+ fps as good...

I think the best would be if you donwload cpu-z (http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/1.71-en.zip)

It's a free software which shows you all components of your computer.

As ibulleti already said we need the components to help you.

We need: your CPU Name, mainboard manufacturer and the power supply.

The first two you can get from cpu-z, the third you have to find out yourself by looking into your rig, trying to find a model number or something.

Those three should be enough, but you can also export the cpu-z report in the 'about' tab and upload the txt file, so we can actually help you find out if the gtx 750 fits into your system.

LOL you guys are crazy........

Anything below a *60 series is considered entry level.

Depending on OS your running just go to device manager and or your score page in windows. Both will list your specs with out downloading stuff.

@[member='Jisagi']

it's pc wizard...and you can find it at the same website as cpu-z...or you can download hwinfo 32 or 64 bit at http://www.hwinfo.com/

and there is siv at http://rh-software.com/

those 3 will tell you all you need to know about the individual parts in your pc...@[member='HansJob']

and you can download the portable/executable versions so you don't have to install them...just unzip them and stick them in a folder

LOL you guys are crazy........

Anything below a *60 series is considered entry level.

Depending on OS your running just go to device manager and or your score page in windows. Both will list your specs with out downloading stuff.

Doesn't really list the motherboard, or atleast the specifics about the motherboard.

Also, i don't know what your standards are but the 750 TI (For example) will be able to run any current gen game at 60 fps...

I mean.. If that's considered entry level then , pfff, i don't know where PC building is heading.