Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
SamiiKinz

Help out a silver 5?

Hello everyone! I hope your day/night is going well!

I have been playing League of Legends for about four years now. However my highest rank has been Silver 4. I was recently demoted to Silver 5 after a nasty losing streak. I have a good handle on the game yet I can't seem to get to gold. I have a strong lane phase. A solid understanding of builds and counter builds. Am I just not as good as these other people? Or is there some secret I'm missing? 

Any advice or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated!! 

Thanks in advance! 

It's really just a lot of luck in all honesty. I just got into gold while my brother who is at the very least as good as me and he's only in silver 4.  really it's just playing a role that can do damage or have control of the entire map, and the main factor is just if you're lucky enough to get with the right teams at the right times. 

@[member='SamiiKinz']

Taco makes a good point but if you really wanna ascend the ranks I'd recommend a duo partner or a ranked team. Duoing in ranked is probably the best method to rank up. I went from silver 5 to 1 in a day with my partner. Having a form of synergy helps alot in the game. You also need to have humble teammates who are willing to compromise and not argue. Avoid teasing your mates keep there head in the game. Don't waste time on insulting your bad support. Just keep him enticed to keep playing. Commend your mates on good gank or good pushes. Make sure you take objectives and clear buffs. But above all else teamwork never fails.

@[member='Phreaktaco'] @[member='Zudamour']

I would have to agree with you.

Soloing is so hard. Yet when I play with Nightmare.

Or Levi (aka TG Skullstomper) I do so much better.

Having someone you work well with makes the difference.

Another thing that really helped me get gold is too try and give youre teammates roles they want in champ select while still getting yourself on something you can carry with, the reasoning behind this is that generally youre teammates want to play the role their best at, so you can make them play better. During my 13 hour rush for gold I ended up playing a whole lot of rammus, although I much rather would have mid, and i probably would have rather gone top or ad, i just tried my make my team as strong as they could be. I understand this may not be as fun but if you jsut do it every couple of games, or as often as you enjoy it will usually help youre win percentatge slowly climb,

I have had similar issues, but i found the best way to get yourself higher is to get a duo partner that you can talk with during the game.That way you can easily communicate with him during the game and pull off some good sync when making ganks and laning. Sometimes all it takes is some good communication in order to move higher. 

@[member='SamiiKinz']  Having a duo that you can communicate and make plays with is a very good way. But it all comes down to how you play the game. What i found that drastically improved my performance was to try and help other people win their lanes. Sound simple and something everyone should do but it just doesnt happen. For instance if you are the top laner and your 2-0 and you have already taken their tier 1 tower. Buy about 2-3 wards and place them in the enemies top side jungle so you can have vision of when he is up there. This can help out your teamates simply by letting them know they can make an agressive play. Another thing is to roam when your ahead. Alot of times people say i win my lane i cant help that my teammates are bad, thats bullcrap. If your ahead then you can afford to miss 3-4 waves of cs getting your teammates back into the game. try ganking mid or putting pressure on dragon and help secure it with your jungler. of course, that requires communicating with your team, which is my last tip. You dont have to talk much or say gj everytime someone gets a kill, but you do need to talk. Ping where your going, ping the enemy jungler if you get vision of them. Obviously dont spam the pings but use them as a source of communication. League is a team game, and outside of bronze its pretty impossible to win 1-5. So whenever you get ahead realize that your team may not be and you need to change that.

It's really just a lot of luck in all honesty. I just got into gold while my brother who is at the very least as good as me and he's only in silver 4.  really it's just playing a role that can do damage or have control of the entire map, and the main factor is just if you're lucky enough to get with the right teams at the right tim

I know this is quite a while ago and this thread might be dead, but i just cant watch someone say that its luck. LoL is so much more than mechanics and knowing builds and counterbuilds. its like a real time chess game. its not luck that bjergsen, krepo, pobleter, imqpie and any of the challangers are where they are. They know when do to what. 

you might get bad teams and bad players some games but the in an avarage game you are the deciding factor. you either win the game or lose the game. 

and by that i dont mean that you have to carry it. some games you win just by doing nothing. Some games you might be on the bad end of a matchup. what do you do? nothing, you farm under the tower and wait for your team to win it for you. 

if you think that your brother is as good as you but is lower elo, then its most likely he is doing some tactical decisions that you do better. 

@[member='DreadFlame'] ugh....I actually have to defend this..f u...

Ok so..God damn I dont even know where to start...Welp I'll just say this you can play as awesome as ever you can carry or you can not feed and do average, and yes I know that's all you need to do sometimes, but if your team refuses to get dragons if they refuse to group early to beat the other teams late game comp then you can't do shit. You can be a god and go 20/0/10 but if the other team understands that they need to farm up and throw every amount of hard CC on you or make picks then you can't really do anything. By luck I mean whether you get placed with teams who are of the same skill level as you, who understand that this game is about more than one person, this is a team game one person can't win it you need a machine of five nerdy ass kids to win. If your team won't follow the hard engage, or won't peel, or won't focus you can't do jack shit.

@[member='Phreaktaco'] 

ok so lets put this on the edge. 

say you have a team with avg silver 5 people. Then you give some challenger a spot there. out of 100k games would the team with a challenger win more games?

Most definitely!

OFC there is games where you cannot win even if you're a god at this game but the avg game has nothing to do with luck.

And the first step to climbing the ladder is to realize that its not luck that gets your up from silver to gold.

Those who are lucky are the ones that are well prepared

@[member='DreadFlame'] not necessarily, there is obviously something wrong with the ranking system of league, simply based on how many games you win vs how skilled a player is.  One highly skilled challenger isn't going to determine a game, if no one follows the challenger player than hes fucked.

Also if you wanna get all philosophical and smart on me, there is no such think as luck, it's just a term applied to something that you want but someone else got.  Based on randomly being assigned to players throughout your entire region there is a chance, and it happens, that you'll just repeatedly get placed with people who don't understand the game, thus the term tilt comes into play.

One of the main reasons I got into gold was because I took advantage of the meta and champion releases at the time, my big champs in my gold rush were Gnar and Azir both highly underrated champs at the time that virtually no one knew how to play.  Right now Gnar is getting hit by the nerf hammer pretty hard compared to his release status, and though Azir is getting buffs that's only gunna last for another patch or maybe two if we're lucky, people are starting to understand how strong of a hyper carry he is, and yes I would classify him as a hyper carry based on how week of a champion he is until late game where he can obliterate an entire team with three to four hits form an extremely safe distance away.  So once again not necessarily that I was more skilled than some other players, just that I had the right amount of IP at the time to buy these champions that were obviously broken at the time.

The probability that a player gets matched with players that doesnt undertand the game in silver and up in every game you play is as good as 0%

telling yourself that the reason you havent made the promo to gold, plat, dioman, master or challenger becuz of other people is naive. 

Last season i was stuck in gold 1 promo for 3 months. Was it the team that held me back? Not at all. I was simply not good enough. 

Some games i got carried, some games i carried, some games my team mates fucked up and some games i fucked up. but mainly i made mistakes that lost the games on avg when i got in the promos. 

Another exaple is my brother. 2 years ago he was gold 1-2. he blamed his team for losses. End of season 3 he realized what he did wrong in each game (wins and losses) he ended as plat 3. Season 4 he gradually climbed to diamond 5 and if I ask him why did you lose that game he tells me "i got impetuous and threw the game late" he is still climbing. 

Now the question yes or no. Is this luck?

Oh really theres a 0% percent chance, what about accounts that you buy what about the issues with seeding that were so prevalent in promo matches, where people who didn't understand the game but won all of their promos and got into gold or plat, and all the diamond and plat players that lost their matches and got placed lower.

Statistics and Empirical evidence is my life don't throw those out willy nilly.

All we're doing is repeatedly stating what each of us thinks, you saying that a players skill alone can carry you out of something, and yes I believe that skill plays a large role don't get me wrong I'm not an idiot, but in my opinion team work is what makes this game what it is, teamwork carries idiots and wins games not a single persons skill. Am I saying my brother is God, no, he fucks up on a lot he continues to play the game after he loses more than three games, trying my damnedest to get him to stop, his mechanics are amazing, but he sticks to ADCs and doesn't exploit the meta and new champions like I did.

Also like I said luck doesn't exist it's a term applied to something that you want but didn't attain. So no it's not, that's called grinding and randomly being assigned to the correct teams at the right time.

You have to win and you do that by impacting your team and helping everyone grow and get beefy so no one person is just the team or else is only one person they will be focused and it just adds pressure on that person

When it comes to silver it is important to note that you should not be losing lane.  Ever.  Regardless of the role that I play I win my lanes without the help of a jungle at least 9 out of 10 times.  A strong lane phase is very important if you wish to climb.

Next I recommend learning objective control.  Knowing what shots to call and when to call them.  Being capable of rallying your team together for an objective.  For someone like me, with chat restrictions, this can be very difficult.  But for a regular player, you should be able to communicate rather well with your team about what you would like to achieve.  A successful set of towers followed by a dragon will win you the praise and cooperation of your teammates.

Success in Lane will also assist you in rallying your team.  If you are doing poorly, your team will likely rather see you die than listen to a word that you wish to say to them.

Also remember that no one plan is the only plan.  If a teammate refuses to cooperate with you then ask them what they want you to do and let them take the helm.

Also, team composition.  Low elo is full of players who want to carry but fail to realize that no carry is worth a damn without a front line.  You also have players who will pick assassin roles in top or jungle and rob your true carries of every bit of farm that they can.  It is important to try to foresee these issues ahead of time and consider the option of dodging the game.

I've been having the same issue, i think its just this season tho how people understand or dont understand the current meta.

All of my games lately have been incredibly one sided its been weird, so thats what i believe to be the reason. Just lettin you know you're not the only one. GL tho man :)