Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Pavehawk-wings-

General Stability

Hello All,

I recently built a new PC and have since had nothing but issues. I already had to RMA a brand new GPU and now I crash a lot both while playing games and using the PC casually. Does anyone have any tips or tweaks on how to improve stability on windows 8 and in BF4?

Need more details like your specs including part brands and specs.

And a better explanation on what you mean by errors.

assuming you did a fresh install of windows and not just plugged in an old hard drive, your software/driver installation order too.

Then we can help better.

If you can, individually test out each stick of RAM. Remove all but one, then try booting. Try playing games once you have enough to run them. I was having a bunch of issues with crashing which turned out to be a faulty ram stick.

Specs:

Intel i5 4590

Asrock Z97 Pro3 Motherboard

Sapphire R9 280x (temporarily replaced with Radeon HD4850 during RMA)

Patriot DDR3 PC-12800 8GB RAM

Corsair CX600M 600W Power Supply

Corsair 128 GB SSD

WD 1 TB HDD

Driver install order:

Automatic Windows install

Graphics Drivers

Chipset Drivers

LAN Drivers

Peripheral Devices (e.g. headset)

I'll be on the lookout for specific error codes and post them when I have more but the errors generally manifest without a report (e.g. BF4 crashing to desktop)

I ran MemTest86 and didn't get any errors for the memory when I was narrowing down the GPU issue. 

Seems like a driver issue. Something is killing your process.

Memory issues generally give an exception error and so on.

I have dealt with many issues from a fresh install when windows is allowed to do a complete update before you update/install specific drivers. Many times the drivers don't install correctly.

I would try to uninstall drivers and reinstall again. But be sure to download the latest drivers first.

It could be a issues with drive management too when you have applications installed on another drive other than the C drive. I have seen that to when not setup correctly during the installation process.

It could be a issues with drive management too when you have applications installed on another drive other than the C drive. I have seen that to when not setup correctly during the installation process.

That is interesting. I will look into this because I keep installs on my secondary drive to cut down on downloads (I have a 300gb limit). Perhaps it is possible that running the game from an old install folder could cause issues?

@[member='Pavehawk-wings-']

Yes, EA games require registry edits.

I don't have the d/l limits anymore (Comcast does) but Steam will install the game again and Origin needs a clean install but you can keep the download seperated from the game to re-install.