Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Merc_Blackwater

Reinstall windows

Hey guys, could any of you tell me step by step how to reinstall windows without the CD and without a program? My friend was able to do it 2 years ago just by clicking stuff in the pc...now he's abroad on vacation so I can't contact him! 

Thanks!

it's really a better idea doing it with a CD but it is for sure possible to do.

which version of Windows are You wanting to reinstall?

Edited by SilentKiller166

if it is an off the shelf pc, then more often than not they will have a "recovery" partition. Which will restore the pc to how it was when it was purchased. You would need toback up ALL data to an external drive or second drive, that you did not want to loose as a recovery partition will usually format the partition and sometimes will restore the partitions as well which will wipe other partitions on the drive.

Alternatively you may be able to create a restore cd/dvd from within windows, you would need to be using win vista,7 or 8.

I had to do this recently. If you're doing it externally off of a disk or the like, put the disk in your computer and force start it from that disk (If it doesn't automatically start, hit F8 on boot up.) It should give you exact directions from there. Be aware that it might be extremely slow and reinstalling windows means your entire computer will be wiped.

the only way You could do it without a CD is having a copy of the iso from the CD on your computer.

also You would have to get the product code to activate it.

that is the only other way i think.

Edited by SilentKiller166