Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• AOBLXIX

Battlefield F.A.Q. [Please Read]   04/18/2016

After multiple questions coming up that were about the same topic we have decided to create a little F.A.Q regarding some of the most talked about topics. Please make sure you read EVERY question and answer. First thing's first, please use the search feature before you ask a question because it might have been answered already: CLICK HERE TO USE THE SEARCH FEATURE Q. I've been banned what do I do? A. Visit the "Ban Info" menu at the top of the page and click that appropriate link that relates to your ban. Then make sure you fill out the form properly after reading the guidelines to submitting a ban dispute Q. What do I do if someone is hacking? A. If you are in game you can report said individual using @report 'playername' REASON HERE If that doesn't help you, you can always submit a ban request by visiting the "Ban Info" menu at the top of the page and clicking the appropriate link Q. Can I submit a request for a new server, or a smaller special server? A. Sure but to put it bluntly most requests have been made already so rather than making a request that has already been made you should visit THIS LINK. That link talks about how we can go about getting more servers and what needs to be done to get those. Q. Well why don't you change some of the servers that you have now to those special servers? A. Because we have those servers as they are what stay full and are the easiest to keep populated. Just because 5 people like something doesn't mean that it's a smart option to keep a server that those 5 people think is a good server. Q. Why don't you change the ticket counts? A. Ok this is where you need to start realizing that the admins at ADK have been running servers for well over a combined 20 years if not more. We promise we're not going to do something that won't work and if we do happen to do that we have our admins making sure that we try to provide the best servers possible for as many people as possible. We love suggestions but when the suggestions are made that make us seem like we don't know what the heck we are doing that's when it's a little overboard. Again just because you and your buddies like something doesn't mean it's a great idea for a large gaming community as the server won't stay populated and pay for itself. We do want to start bringing more of those to the community, but please refer to the answer of the 3rd questions where a link was posted regarding different servers and how to make it happen. But to answer this question some, on certain servers like our BF3 TDM, it is meant to be a quick round server where you have a match that ends quickly. Some people don't want to play a round that goes on for 30 minutes, and a lot of people have enjoyed it. And again our admins do look at servers and how they are doing, but don't forget just because a few people want something doesn't mean everyone wants it. Q. How come I can't use explosives in a no explosives server but everybody else can? A. In actuality those individuals aren't supposed to either, but they are choosing to break the rules We are humans and unfortunately we aren't perfect to catch everyone. But our admins do the best that they can to be perfect and we have our auto admin in place for no explosives, but it comes down to rules are rules. If you choose to break them and you get in trouble, that is your fault and there is nobody else to blame. You can make reports and if admins aren't in the server they will go over them to see those who break the rules often and will deal with them. Just because an admin isn't in the server doesn't mean that we aren't looking at the reports. Q. Why don't you have servers that have multiple expansion maps on them? A. Because they are quite difficult to maintain unless you have people willing to be in the servers and make sure they are populated day in and day out. Please refer again to the link in the answer of the third question as this relates to that. If we have people who are going to make sure that these servers will indeed stay populated then possibly but so far we haven't been able to get that. In the past we've done B2K which a lot of people were begging for an it went nowhere. Q. There's someone cursing and using racist remarks in the server, why haven't they been banned? A. Because the reality of it is nobody will ever be happy, these are not remarks that you will see any admin using but we aren't going to police everybody and what they say. What one person might find offensive, the other person might not. So if we remove a few words then we'll need to remove all words that people find offensive. Now if the individual is spamming constantly and/or just being a troll about it you can always submit a ban request and let us know what was happening. Admins will then look over it to see what action needs to be taken. Q. Why don't you kick people who have a high ping? A. In reality high ping doesn't cause as many problems as a lot of people think. Admins have been talked to about how to handle something that is absurd but they will not kick someone with a 150 ping because people are complaining about them. We have members from all over the world and we're not going to limit what servers they play on. Someone's high ping to a server does not cause a server to lag. If the server is lagging it'll be everyone noticing it. BUT if there are only a few individuals who are complaining about lag, it's more than likely an issue with their connection to the server. The best thing to do would be do a tracert to the server, but most people don't want to believe that they might have an issue on their end or somewhere between their house and the server. And the reality is that there could be an issue that someone is seeing. There are plenty of posts about ping in the servers so feel free to do a search to look them up. Q. Why don't you just disable weapons that you can't use in the no explosive server? A. Don't you think we would have done that if it was possible? :) Q. Why can't I dispute a ban after 2 months? A. If people cared so much to play on our servers after a perma ban, they would come and dispute within the first 2 months. We feel 2 months is more than enough time to dispute a perma ban. Q. Why don't you have anything besides 64 slot servers? A. Again refer to the link in the answer to question number three. But long story short, it's not easy to keep small number servers populated as often as possible when we have as many servers as we do. Due to the fact that you could lose 15 people at a time in one game, there goes half the population of the server which could indeed empty the server. So if it's wanted we need people willing to put in the time and effort to do such and to make it so that there is always a queue for the servers. Q. Why does it seem like you guys get frustrated when people ask certain questions? A. Seriously though, it's because they are normally questions that have been answered multiple times and most of the time it appears that the question wasn't thought about in the manner of "Hey I wonder if anybody else has posted about this." Unlike Battlelog where things normally get hidden and admins don't respond, we do see pretty much 99% of everything that is posted without it getting lost because of the fact that we have admins for each particular section of the community. And those admins do make sure that we respond to topics where someone might have a question. So with that last question being answerd, please just take 10 seconds to browse the forums and search to see if your topic has been discussed before you go and make a post. If it's not too old or hasn't been answered feel free to leave your input but a lot of the same questions are coming up over and over. Ping, ping, ping, why can't I use explosives, ping, ping, can we have more servers, why can't we have these maps, why do you only have like 200 tickets on the TDM server, 64 players is a lot of people to have on a server, where are the expansion maps, why is this person using curse words and racist remarks and hasn't been banned yet. As always we do appreciate and ask for suggestions but most of the questions that we see over and over have been answered and could be answered for you by making a search on the forums. Thank you for your support of the community and as always we will continue to provide the best possible gaming experience on our servers for as many people in the world.
    • Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Virtue1776

How ADK can help your Battlefield 4 K/D

There are high and low skilled players here and often times ADK members get accused of hacking. I think that is more or less because we have a great community of players willing to help each other become better. I'm writing this article to distill the things that helped me become a better player.

First off, I want to be upfront and honest. The title is a little misleading but my desire is to convey to you the reader that ADK has provided a conduit for me to become a better player. There are high and low skilled players here and often times ADK members get accused of hacking. I think that is more or less because we have a great community of players willing to help each other become better. I'm writing this article to distill the things that helped me become a better player. 

There are many contributing factors to K/D. Some of our members can combine these factors consistently and that is due to many hours of creating muscle memory and good habits during game play. Having a good PC can help, however it can only help you so much. Dropping tons of money on new PC parts can only get you so far. However, balancing the points I raise in this article consistently I believe lead to the best K/D's.

When I first came around ADK I was in the #6 lockers No Explosives server getting my butt kicked by really good players. Like many others I felt I needed a good squad and I was pestered by the auto-admin messages and ColColonCleaner into joining. So I joined ADK, I had the same K/D or skill level as I had always had with FPS type games which was about a 1.0 K/D. Like anything that you want to get better at you must first make a commitment to getting better...... My first step was joining ADK.

Next is when you should set yourself up with a solid PC and Optimize it for the best gameplay experience you can get. This will help with establishing a foundation for the skills you will build. I view it much like learning to play Guitar. If it's not easy to play or enjoyable the player will most likely not play it for very long, If the guitar is properly set up with a good action and strings, is optimize with a bone or ivory saddle and a good builder who knows their woods and how to brace the sound board, it is smooth, easy and pleasant to the ear. A good foundation for the player to build their skills. Here is a LINK to Dynasty's BF4 Optimization guide for smooth gameplay.

Having a decent internet connection without packet loss will also help. You can check your connection by using Bromance's guide for traceroute >>HERE<<

Being in a good state of mind or being able to control your emotions I believe helps as well. I notice my ability to do well drops when I get frustrated or drink copious amounts of alcohol. It is difficult to manage this when I have a kegerator and I'm an admin but both of those things I have done to myself. 

Next I believe is team work, Some players are good lone wolfing it but I love to work as a team and ADK has really been able to provide this consistently. Get is Team Speak and squad up! ask too, if you come in and some folks are just running around with no coordination just say it "anyone wanna squad up?" I always find i do better when I have someone supplying me ammo or health packs. These mechanisms were built into the game for team work purposes. When you and your squad are focused on the objective it will affect the outcome of the match. People will see you squaded up and at that point whether or not they are complaining you can take that opportunity to invite them to join you. When you have a few good medics in your squad your Deaths will naturally be lower because you are being revived.

Keeping your deaths down is something most players don't look at. Most of the time people are focused on the amount of kills they can get which is why most people join the meat grinders. I've found that working  on survivability helps with increasing your K/D ratio. Below I have a few videos by Xfactor that mention working the angles and having situational awareness, managing reload times and knowing the weapon you're using. For example the FAMAS is monster with it's 1000 RPM but it's empty reload time according to Symthic is 3.55s. The M416 and M16A4 are much quicker meaning you can play more aggressively as Assault with reload times like that. Some players are able to play aggressively and use the flanks well with high reload time weapons like the AEK-971. This is the result of honing the skill of reload time management and situational awareness. Below I have a multi-purpose video linked.

Practice aiming and know your weapons recoil patterns. Symthic.com has been my go to resource for weapon stats and understanding my weapon capabilities. Increasing your hand eye coordination through practice is another very important point that must be emphasized. There are several tools out there. HERE is a link to a aiming practice site that can help.!!! **you might want to turn your volume down**!!!!

Track your progress using BF4stats.com's history chart.

So in conclusion

-Commitment
-PC optimization
-Mouse settings
-Mindset
-Good internet
-Teamwork
-Managing angles
-Situational awareness
-Knowing your weapon/Reload times
-Practice
-Track your progress

Xfactor's Better Noob Series

Managing your health regeneration and reload time.

Managing the angles

Mouse Sensitivity/Flank/Angles/Reload management

Mindset/Teamwork

Pro Tip

[url=http://www.adkgamers.com/_/gaming-news/battlefield-4/how-adk-can-help-your-battlefield-4-kd-r616]Click here to view the article[/url]

i've stated this before, but being on the two non explosives servers have made me become a better SHOOTER all around. when you are not "hiding" behind grenades, you eaither sink or swim. its good. for me, i don't worry about my KD, i play for the win. my win % means more to me than my KD. but that's just me. 

as for the other points you hit on, i learned alot if not all those in the infantry, and they translate well into the game. imagine that :)

Ayers

In my past of competitive gaming i learned that plying better players will make you better. Look at how i was in BF3 i would go 300+ kills and 20 deaths in metro cause i played better players and learned what they did. Same went with my CSS/CSGO comp career i played people who were better then me 

I've gone from awful to ehh ok/decent since I've been with ADK. When you spend as much time as I have with good/great players, it's a push to improve your gameplay(for me anyway). TS and squad play with friends and/or familiar players makes a big difference. There only a small number of people that lone wolf it all the time and unless you're one of them, then squad up and have fun. Don't be afraid to ask about loadouts, etc. There are plenty of helping hands and open doors here in the community. Just make sure said hands don't have candy and the open door isn't on an old conversion or cargo van.

I've personally found that the more comfortable and familiar you are with players, the easier is it to improve because you learn habits, etc. When they become friends, you find yourself trying to outdo each other as a game all the while getting better and not neccessarily realizing it. Take away my UCAV kills and I'm a better overall player than I was six months ago simply because I had the support of fellow players. Except for Metro and Lockers. Forever rekt.

@[member='Virtue1776']

I found I usually play better when I play with people better than me...

If people make fun of my score or something during a game I always reply the same way: bad squad = bad score.  I'm not a one-man army, hell...I'm barely a confident player with pros at my side.  Also, somebody mentioned, play with better players, it's amazing how much better you'll get.  I never understood why people lean towards "noob servers"...that doesn't make you good or help you learn.

@[member='AyersholeO331'] I unequipped my grenades completely, even on other servers.  I feel like such a cheap bastard getting kills with spammy grenades.

yea lets use teamwork! just ask how well that works for me fisten and boogly (autobalancer makes it impossible!!!!!!!!!)

We have specifically changed the balancer back to true balancer to enable folks to continue to squad up earlier this month. This should help with that issue!

Edit: AND IF YOU ARE STILL HAVING AN ISSUE I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT!!!!

I think to much is made of kdr. I think it's more of playing to what you enjoy. I used to back in the cod day's play extremely competitive league play. Today I am more os a laid back casual player. I play for goals now. When I play on some servers it's all about c4 the tanks and rocket helo's. If I die 8 times but still take out that tank I'm happy. I more then happy just letting a young more energetic play get all the kills while I just watch his/back keep him alive and supplied with ammo. Don't get me wrong every now and then I'll go all out just to prove I still got it. But now I am more of I am relaxing just before bed player

Thanks for the tips. I used to really get frustrated with BF because I was probably a below average player. I've gotten better with practice. But now I find myself doing more support dropping health/ammo packs and doing something that I think there's not enough of...spotting! Sometimes my KDR is low but I still end up with a lot of points at the end. I'll always be practicing though.  

I find I play the best when I am never pressing TAB.   Anytime I am concerned with my score, or am constantly watching my score to see how I am doing in comparison to others, I always play badly.  Try playing without ever using TAB! just play out, try your hardest not to pay attention to how many kills you have gotten or how many times you've died.  I think most people will be pleasantly surprised with their score at the end of the round. (results not guaranteed I have definitely looked at the end and gone 3-30 :P )

We have specifically changed the balancer back to true balancer to enable folks to continue to squad up earlier this month. This should help with that issue!

Edit: AND IF YOU ARE STILL HAVING AN ISSUE I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT!!!!

just tried playing on #5 with boogly nope ^-^

Awesome stuff. Good write up. Being here with the ADK crew has most certainly helped my game. My pc is the first thing that killed me. After I got it rebuilt I really started to learn the game. Only thing I can add is I used to go in to the practice game and shoot targets to learn the dynamic of the guns. Mostly sniper rifle as they draw and refire very differently. To know that your second shot is to the left or right by 2 inches is a life saver. Then running and jumping to know when you can shoot and how the gun is going to draw to the target depending on the sight and or settings you are using. Try sticking with in gun and semi mastering it before heading to another. Makes you feel much better about yourself. Lol.

Bonzai Edited by b0nza1

@[member='darkelf1'] that's common I noticed that as well for myself when  boogly and I team up. It's probably due a subconscious thought process that runs through our mind, saying "hey if I team up with this guy maybe he/she will notice me."@[member='Virtue1776'] . I have yet to see a well written forum like this since playing bf4 on the real forums to much hate on the bf4 forums not adk. +1 From me well done :).

@[member='Virtue1776'] Also as far as reload times, as from personal experience, and from playing lmgs for 400 hours; I personally would not recommend playing support until new players learn basic mechanics like situational awareness, recoil management, timing, and flanking/engaging when you should, and shouldn't this is a common mistake from players, one topic that's not mentioned in  your post however, that  is very basic, but not common.Spotting players by using "Q" key function will help you see players better, and be more alert, and  over all a better player :). Also there is a new plugin for web browsers, it's called better battlelog, I suggest looking that up, and installing it, so you do not have to keep on going to symthic.

just tried playing on #5 with boogly nope ^-^

Thats TDM, Squad play is disabled by default......... True Balancer is active on all our conquest servers at this point in time so If you play in Lockers or metro etc.... and would like to squad up without being moved out of a friends squad you should be fine.

I hate to say this virtue but, that is not the case. Myself, I have been taken from a squad I was playing in the whole round and move to the other team while the other 4 have not. I have been pulled from my squad, thinking I was going to get put on other team at the rounds end only to start new round with the 4 others I played with on the same team just not in there squad and don't understand why I was pulled out. I have seen Joe pulled from my squad and placed on the same team, in fact on the server last night he complained about being balanced from his friends

I could be much better if EVERYONE that played Battlefield, played as a team. ADK is very good at this and I'm grateful. The one problem I have is PC specs. My PC barely runs BF4. I think I checked my fps once and it was about 25 or 30 fps. (pretty bad) Other than that, play as a team.

I believe I play at my best when I'm with an organized squad that has proper communication. That way everyone is on the same page, you can fight together as a group. I'd rather fight with a team than ride solo. If that makes any sense.