Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
plaxus

Video card(s) needed for 144hz / 144fps

Hello,

I am looking for a video card setup for BF4 that will give me around 120-144fps @144 hz.

I currently have AMD  CF 6950 unlocked at CF6970.   I can get 100FPS on low settings @144hz.  Not acceptible.

Does anyone have any experience with 144hz monitors?

I am open to purchasing 2 new cards or 1 really nice card.   I have the PS and motherboard to support CF or SLI. 

What settings and resolution do you want to run at? The new nvidia gtx 970 and 980 are probably the direction I would look in. Unless you want something ridiculous like a titan z or 295x

I'm considering the 7990.  I don't mind used equipment too much and this card can be found real cheap, around $350-400.   Down the road I suppose I could crossfire them and destroy just about anything. 

Oh wait where are u from? I'm in the US and u can get a 970 for less than or at $350 from newegg. Nothing wrong with a 7990, just older

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487066&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID= Edited by -GALLOWS-

The GTX 970 from the review sites makes it seem like a great card.  I am going to wait until they hit Toms Hardware Hierarchy charts to see where the 970 and 980 really fall in.  The link to the card you sent me has terrible reviews so I will also wait until a few more vendors make different versions with better cooling.

I have always been an AMD/ATI guy but it seems like alot of people are loving NVidia and for BF4 as well.  

Wow I didn't read those reviews... that's very strange EVGA normally has the best Nvidia cards. Here's a review from Tom's with some benchmarks for BF4. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-970-maxwell,3941.html

I believe the 970 will out perform the 7990 especially after some driver updates, remember it's a new card with an altogether new architecture. Maybe just stay away from the evga version. Asus makes good cards check some reviews of those.

I happen to like both budget and Tomshardware.  I have never been mislead by Tom and have been reading his site since around 2001ish.

As for the cards, I am going to start with a 970 and then after get another for SLI.  That seems very manageable to be except that I cannot find anyone selling any variation of 970 anywhere.  All sold out.

I use the 270 for full max graphic 1080p, but since u want low settings, I think the 7990 will be fine. In fact the R7 series may be good too, and I got my R9 for just over 100, and you can def find a good deal for either Nvidia or Radeon, but I tend to stay with AMD R series because I can find good deals for low amounts, but again Nvidia can be just fine.

How much can you afford to spend? Expect to spend a good amount if you want those kinds of numbers, unless you plan on playing all low settings. I have a 780 Direct CU II and I roll at about 90 fps on the Asus 144hz. It all looks great and the quality is incredible. That card was $500 something. To get those frames per seconde I would have to buy a second one (possibly swap and pay for a couple 980's, but can't be sure without doing it).

If you want maxed out settings, then you're going to need at least 2 GPUs. A single GPU won't give you a stable 144 FPS unless playing on lower settings.

Two GTX 970s in SLI will get you what you a stable ~150 FPS.

I am glad you went with the 900 series from Nvidia, they are the best value for performance, THEY just came out and their price is already better. The TDP of the cards is nearly half that of the AMD Equivalents, and definitely lower than the 700 series. No one should be buying 700 Series high end cards right now, Nvidia is literally begging you to take them.

SLI with a 970 is not a bad option because of their TDP, you really dont need more than a 700W power supply if it is at least 80 Plus Gold Certified.

You will of course LOSE alot of the Price per performance you got with the card being so well priced because SLI is not a 1-1 improvement. I might have Waited to see what the Titan II was going to cost because it could be better than hoping your game supports SLI or CF

Wow I didn't read those reviews... that's very strange EVGA normally has the best Nvidia cards. Here's a review from Tom's with some benchmarks for BF4. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-970-maxwell,3941.html

ASUS would take the cake in almost every instance of Geforce cards of course, though you are entitled to your opinion. Direct CUII is just better for the life expectancy and stability of the card. If your case is a smaller one with specific airflow, the blower cards are better though.