Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• AOBLXIX

Battlefield F.A.Q. [Please Read]   04/18/2016

After multiple questions coming up that were about the same topic we have decided to create a little F.A.Q regarding some of the most talked about topics. Please make sure you read EVERY question and answer. First thing's first, please use the search feature before you ask a question because it might have been answered already: CLICK HERE TO USE THE SEARCH FEATURE Q. I've been banned what do I do? A. Visit the "Ban Info" menu at the top of the page and click that appropriate link that relates to your ban. Then make sure you fill out the form properly after reading the guidelines to submitting a ban dispute Q. What do I do if someone is hacking? A. If you are in game you can report said individual using @report 'playername' REASON HERE If that doesn't help you, you can always submit a ban request by visiting the "Ban Info" menu at the top of the page and clicking the appropriate link Q. Can I submit a request for a new server, or a smaller special server? A. Sure but to put it bluntly most requests have been made already so rather than making a request that has already been made you should visit THIS LINK. That link talks about how we can go about getting more servers and what needs to be done to get those. Q. Well why don't you change some of the servers that you have now to those special servers? A. Because we have those servers as they are what stay full and are the easiest to keep populated. Just because 5 people like something doesn't mean that it's a smart option to keep a server that those 5 people think is a good server. Q. Why don't you change the ticket counts? A. Ok this is where you need to start realizing that the admins at ADK have been running servers for well over a combined 20 years if not more. We promise we're not going to do something that won't work and if we do happen to do that we have our admins making sure that we try to provide the best servers possible for as many people as possible. We love suggestions but when the suggestions are made that make us seem like we don't know what the heck we are doing that's when it's a little overboard. Again just because you and your buddies like something doesn't mean it's a great idea for a large gaming community as the server won't stay populated and pay for itself. We do want to start bringing more of those to the community, but please refer to the answer of the 3rd questions where a link was posted regarding different servers and how to make it happen. But to answer this question some, on certain servers like our BF3 TDM, it is meant to be a quick round server where you have a match that ends quickly. Some people don't want to play a round that goes on for 30 minutes, and a lot of people have enjoyed it. And again our admins do look at servers and how they are doing, but don't forget just because a few people want something doesn't mean everyone wants it. Q. How come I can't use explosives in a no explosives server but everybody else can? A. In actuality those individuals aren't supposed to either, but they are choosing to break the rules We are humans and unfortunately we aren't perfect to catch everyone. But our admins do the best that they can to be perfect and we have our auto admin in place for no explosives, but it comes down to rules are rules. If you choose to break them and you get in trouble, that is your fault and there is nobody else to blame. You can make reports and if admins aren't in the server they will go over them to see those who break the rules often and will deal with them. Just because an admin isn't in the server doesn't mean that we aren't looking at the reports. Q. Why don't you have servers that have multiple expansion maps on them? A. Because they are quite difficult to maintain unless you have people willing to be in the servers and make sure they are populated day in and day out. Please refer again to the link in the answer of the third question as this relates to that. If we have people who are going to make sure that these servers will indeed stay populated then possibly but so far we haven't been able to get that. In the past we've done B2K which a lot of people were begging for an it went nowhere. Q. There's someone cursing and using racist remarks in the server, why haven't they been banned? A. Because the reality of it is nobody will ever be happy, these are not remarks that you will see any admin using but we aren't going to police everybody and what they say. What one person might find offensive, the other person might not. So if we remove a few words then we'll need to remove all words that people find offensive. Now if the individual is spamming constantly and/or just being a troll about it you can always submit a ban request and let us know what was happening. Admins will then look over it to see what action needs to be taken. Q. Why don't you kick people who have a high ping? A. In reality high ping doesn't cause as many problems as a lot of people think. Admins have been talked to about how to handle something that is absurd but they will not kick someone with a 150 ping because people are complaining about them. We have members from all over the world and we're not going to limit what servers they play on. Someone's high ping to a server does not cause a server to lag. If the server is lagging it'll be everyone noticing it. BUT if there are only a few individuals who are complaining about lag, it's more than likely an issue with their connection to the server. The best thing to do would be do a tracert to the server, but most people don't want to believe that they might have an issue on their end or somewhere between their house and the server. And the reality is that there could be an issue that someone is seeing. There are plenty of posts about ping in the servers so feel free to do a search to look them up. Q. Why don't you just disable weapons that you can't use in the no explosive server? A. Don't you think we would have done that if it was possible? :) Q. Why can't I dispute a ban after 2 months? A. If people cared so much to play on our servers after a perma ban, they would come and dispute within the first 2 months. We feel 2 months is more than enough time to dispute a perma ban. Q. Why don't you have anything besides 64 slot servers? A. Again refer to the link in the answer to question number three. But long story short, it's not easy to keep small number servers populated as often as possible when we have as many servers as we do. Due to the fact that you could lose 15 people at a time in one game, there goes half the population of the server which could indeed empty the server. So if it's wanted we need people willing to put in the time and effort to do such and to make it so that there is always a queue for the servers. Q. Why does it seem like you guys get frustrated when people ask certain questions? A. Seriously though, it's because they are normally questions that have been answered multiple times and most of the time it appears that the question wasn't thought about in the manner of "Hey I wonder if anybody else has posted about this." Unlike Battlelog where things normally get hidden and admins don't respond, we do see pretty much 99% of everything that is posted without it getting lost because of the fact that we have admins for each particular section of the community. And those admins do make sure that we respond to topics where someone might have a question. So with that last question being answerd, please just take 10 seconds to browse the forums and search to see if your topic has been discussed before you go and make a post. If it's not too old or hasn't been answered feel free to leave your input but a lot of the same questions are coming up over and over. Ping, ping, ping, why can't I use explosives, ping, ping, can we have more servers, why can't we have these maps, why do you only have like 200 tickets on the TDM server, 64 players is a lot of people to have on a server, where are the expansion maps, why is this person using curse words and racist remarks and hasn't been banned yet. As always we do appreciate and ask for suggestions but most of the questions that we see over and over have been answered and could be answered for you by making a search on the forums. Thank you for your support of the community and as always we will continue to provide the best possible gaming experience on our servers for as many people in the world.
    • Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
P0mpey

The fun has gone (thanks EricFatman).

I used to enjoy playing BF4 a lot, but more and more these days, you try to help out the community by reporting players breaking the rules and all you get for thanks is a tirade of abuse from said player. Apparently, this is an okay reaction, which saddens me deeply. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets this unwarranted abuse and there's nothing I can do about it.

Have you made a ban request?

Sometimes an admin or higher needs to see the request. You may have only been getting the attention of advisers who may or may not know how to handle some situations. This is certainly the first time I'm hearing of this.

http://www.adkgamers.com/topic/37642-guidelines-for-requesting-a-player-ban-must-read/

@[member='P0mpey'] No you are not the only one who gets the reaction. They are butthurt that they got caught and know they are wrong. I get a big smile if I get such a reaction because I know I did my job. Don't let asshats discourage you from helping enforce the rules.

Like @[member='NikolaiRimskyK'] stated sometimes you just need to talk to the right person. I find that statement very true. I have yet to see the Admin staff here ignore something without looking into it. I am not saying you will always get the results that you want but you at least know they looked into it.

@[member='P0mpey']

I know what u mean ... i got a ban for report abuse the other day as thx for reporting rule breakers?! they did nothing about the ppl who was breaking the rules but they banned me for reporting soooo. (no it wasent an ADK server ;) )

But i know that the ADK community highly appreciates anyone who helps out with the reporting, obviously the reported players will ALWAYS complain about it but just tune it out, if they are breaking the rules over and over they won't be on the server for long anyways ;)

And reguler players on the servers will not complain about u helping out by reporting so just keep it up buddy.

See u on the battlefield

Blasting B 

Guys, if you are having issues with players and you don't see your reports being acted on, you can also join TS.Adkgamers.Com and there may be an adviser, admin or manager in the Battlefield section that can give you a hand.

While we might not permanently ban somebody for your report, we will at least investigate and determine appropriate action.

Sigh...

Ok, so I report Colon for tossing flares in Metro No-Ex. When I go to do it I type it in squad chat so the entire server doesn't see me do it. Colon is punished but somehow finds out I reported him. 

Colon now acts really hostile to me slandering me in chat. I brush it off and keep gaming. He continues more and more. It has now got to the point of him doing it daily so now I report Colon again for "'Toxic Player being disruptive in chat". I file my ban request here on the site and give details of whats going on. Admins pull up Colon's past reports, infractions and chat logs.

Colon is reprimanded again.

The cycle may repeat one more time then Colon is perm banned.

Solved.

OP has all the passion to vent about this topic but could not make 20 posts to recruit:

http://www.adkgamers.com/topic/65638-adk-member-app-for-p0mpey-game-battlefield-4/

You could have been in ADK, been on Battlefield staff and doing something about it but instead you make topics like this looking for sympathy. I refuse to feel bad for someone who could have helped themselves but didn't cause...

82e38dc54edc94168c956b75f859e582.png

went to

43b2e908563ae25d5aa47ad77d655f84.png

You have only yourself to blame on this one.

I have to agree with pepsi on this one, mainly because we're here to help people and we open up the opportunity for people to be an adviser/admin within the community.  

We're here to help and we're here to make the gaming environment the best that we possibly can, but it's tough because we're constantly scrutinized for any action we take.  Either we're not doing our job or we're being the over powered police in the servers; yet we're trying to be in the middle.  As I've said and I'll always say, we (admins) will never win. . and this topic just seems to show that.  = / 

yep I get the same thing when I report someone and when no admin on is when you usually get the idiots try to be toxic about it, normally I just say if you didn't break the rules you wouldn't get reported, and when an ADK member shows up i ignore the idiot , the latest idiot was a few days ago making false reports about Fist hacking, his nickname started with a G, but he was eventually kicked by an ADK think it was Aux, for abusing the report system

All their chats are logged so if you don't say anything else to them and just let them continue to go off. . they will either 1.) Get bored of people not responding so they'll stop  2.) Continue to be a troll and rack up their chat logs or 3.) Leave the server

So as always, we are here to help. . but sometimes we can't be available 24/7 like people want us to be so there's some things that we do ask from people.  Like to submit ban requests and such. 

Thanks

WOW, I started read some of the responses and was happy with what I read until I got to Pepsi's post, I don't see WHY it's ok to get abused because I'm not a current member of ADK, I probably contribute the majority of reports on Metro keeping it clean. Oh and thanks for bringing up a completely different topic, completely unrelated to this message from months ago, that's very helpful.

If you actually knew me, you'd find A) I am working on getting the prerequisites for joining ADK and B) I was not in the correct mental state previously due to my mother's sudden passing.

I am a very honest, helpful and trustful guy, believe what you want, but I don't believe ANYONE who is trying to help the community should be verbally abused for it.

WOW, I started read some of the responses and was happy with what I read until I got to Pepsi's post, I don't see WHY it's ok to get abused because I'm not a current member of ADK, I probably contribute the majority of reports on Metro keeping it clean. Oh and thanks for bringing up a completely different topic, completely unrelated to this message from months ago, that's very helpful.

If you actually knew me, you'd find A) I am working on getting the prerequisites for joining ADK and B) I was not in the correct mental state previously due to my mother's sudden passing.

I am a very honest, helpful and trustful guy, believe what you want, but I don't believe ANYONE who is trying to help the community should be verbally abused for it.

Abuse? No, thats far from abuse but if you wish to call me out then lets break things down..

- It is fact that you applied to ADK and the only reason not accepted was the 20 posts. If you look at your app thread here http://www.adkgamers.com/topic/65638-adk-member-app-for-p0mpey-game-battlefield-4/ many ADK members were pushing you to get your posts and you ignored it only until you were declined then shrugged it off with a smiley face. This isnt offtopic since as a ADK member or ADK admin players in game would expect it from you instead of seeing you as a "tattletale".

- You decided to call me out directly but not AOB who directly supported my post in his reply or the 3 admins who liked my post. I find that a little weak in my opinion since in a round about way you are doing to me what you are accusing others in the server doing to you. Pot calling the kettle black much?

-  Majority? You are 39th in the rep system. 

- Again, you spend so much time reporting people then make this topic cause you get flack over it your brain refused to make the connection that if you were in ADK better yet on staff all your issues would drop for the most part but you took it negative and lashed out defensive. Maybe the issue is you wear your heart on your sleeve and take things too personal be it this topic or in game chat.

- Reading your chat logs...

"Sep 1, 2014 9:18:21 pm - applying for ADK member soon tho"
You applied in May. This comment was made yesterday. .Again, what is stopping you from fixing your problem that began this thread?

"Sep 2, 2014 12:29:22 amMikey, enjoy it while you can, server will log will be reviewed and you will be gone."

Comments like this provokes people to attack you.

0d1b5f05f95fc2ac32153e2c1822702a.png

So lets get this straight...

You call the dude a "fat fag" then attack his mother, then I am guessing he attacked your mom back to the point of you raging quitting? Lol.. Sorry but if you are that effected by your mothers passing then why inn the hell would you berate someone on a topic you yourself can't handle? Lets go back a little further tho...

5ee8bb24a109751a27eaabd09e9b0493.png

Ok so everything is fine then you report Eric for a flare. He said something and you got smart ass with him with your "right" comments then a smiley to gloat. Then I guess he gave you shit so you asked to attack other player and picked the one topic that would hurt you most and used that to attack him. When he countered talking about your mom in return you raged after YOU made it publicly known the topic would effect you even tho you fired the first shot on the topic to begin with. You quit game and came back 30 mins later like nothing happened.

You only made this topic cause a player "Eric" got to you so much you had to quit game and make a topic here with his name in it and you brought it upon youself by attacking his mother first no less.

Here is Erics chats..

7cd43af4d22dc5b225c4299a9c66cb72.png

You rage quit over that and deserved a topic? You are 41 years old. Act like it. My wife gets worse shit said to her then that childish mess.

If you want to be ADK then reapply.

You really want to help the server then apply for admin.

You want people not to offend you then don't feed them the ammo especially rounds that effect you most.

Think I am still abusing you? 

Edited by Pepsi

Pepsi, I don't know what I did to upset you so much, I haven't attacked you. Regarding quitting, I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel it is better to leave when you get wound up rather take the comments personally. Peace :)

Just like @[member='AOBLXIX'] stated in his post, ignore the toxic players. If they are acting like 6y/o (I apologize for this) they don't deserve your attention: Even if they touch a topic that hurt to you ill say "This is the internet" they don't know anything about you so, talking without knowing anything is useless and childish.

If you want to help you have to live with things like this, just ignore it and start and turn the page. DON'T FIGHT AGAINST BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER WIN.

That's all
Cheers

Just my five cents. It used to be two but cost of iving raised it to five. LOL

Just because an admin does not instantly react to a report does not mean they are ignoring it. They will check the autoadmin and then a lot of times want to spec themselves to see with their own eyes. There is no much room for error there that they don't want to punish the wrong player. Its also very hard to really tell if a player is throwing something if he/she is on the other team. The biggest thing is to earn the admins trust. I try to be extreamly sure before I report. to that I wind up reporting more players on my team then the opposing. If you report enough and enough reports is verified then the admins will start to react to ones report.

And so that everyone is aware, with the new reputation system, when an admin denies a report, you earn negative reputation. So people who make stupid reports may have an admin @ deny the report. If people make an honest mistake when reporting, you may or may not have your report denied.

And so that everyone is aware, with the new reputation system, when an admin denies a report, you earn negative reputation. So people who make stupid reports may have an admin @ deny the report. If people make an honest mistake when reporting, you may or may not have your report denied.

No, deny is for bad/malicious/abusive reports, ignore is used for mistakes and times where the issue is already handled. accept, ignore, and deny are available commands.

@[member='Pepsi'] <----- This guy is quite a dedicated member. That whole chat log thing you just pulled up, dang. I would have been like, "too lazy to do that".

But honestly, just let the players play on the server, and the admins, admin. I know without a doubt they are responsible and mature in handling these situations and dedicated to serving the community, including you, the player @[member='P0mpey']  when you have problems like this when they occur. 

I feel your pain. But on another level. Mine is in my day job. The type of job I have at times (not all the time) if everyone likes you your not doing your job right. But the end result is a much safer or in your case fun place. Know that you are helping others and the ones whining might be right one time out of a 100 but other than that just blow it off and tell them to take it up on the forums. Just my .02. Besides I have seen you play its more likely they are ticked cause you killed them 10 times to there 1.  lol. 

bon

Edited by b0nza1

p0mpey I feel you. I reported a guy for nades once and he just kept reporting me over and over for nades.... Problem was I had smoke. Some people just get so butt hurt when they get reported for breaking the rules. I think they might be cod players flooding in......

p0mpey I feel you. I reported a guy for nades once and he just kept reporting me over and over for nades.... Problem was I had smoke. Some people just get so butt hurt when they get reported for breaking the rules. I think they might be cod players flooding in......

Did you ban request the guy who was doing that to you?

@[member='TumorHead']

It would be simple to have none as options.....but it is EA / DICE where the simplest of things seem to throw them for a loop..........but by the time the CTE is finished, the game will be old news and everyone will have moved on to other things...lol

Regards!

Edited by KnightsX

Future patches should include more server options where certain weapons can be disallowed.

I wish. They are not planning this for BF4 at all (insider connection), it would take a large update to battlelog for this to be feasible since they want to tell players which weapons are not allowed before they enter a given server. We talked with them at length about this, and it would take a major overhaul which they want to get right the first time instead of releasing some half-assed system thrown in at the last second.

@[member='TumorHead']

It would be simple to have none as options.....but it is EA / DICE where the simplest of things seem to throw them for a loop..........but by the time the CTE is finished, the game will be old news and everyone will have moved on to other things...lol

Regards!

It's not an issue on the server side, it's that they would need to make an interface for it all and then grey out those weapons on people's loadouts, and on battlelog, which is a lot of manhours to complete.

Then what happens when people have banned weapons in their regular loadouts, do you automatically change their loadouts making players mad?

Do you just make their guns not fire when using banned weapons so they spawn with the banned weapon and need to take a suicide death to do anything?

What about servers like ours that ban every item in the grenade slot? Do you you create a new option to not have a weapon in every slot so you could essentially need to spawn with no weapons if the admin deems it?

To what extent can this be abused?

Do they need to add a limit to how many weapons or classes can be banned to avoid breaking the TOS in such servers as flag run?

All of these issues an many others were discussed when we were talking with them, it's not nearly as simple or straight forward as some think it is. This debate went on for months.