Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• AOBLXIX

Battlefield F.A.Q. [Please Read]   04/18/2016

After multiple questions coming up that were about the same topic we have decided to create a little F.A.Q regarding some of the most talked about topics. Please make sure you read EVERY question and answer. First thing's first, please use the search feature before you ask a question because it might have been answered already: CLICK HERE TO USE THE SEARCH FEATURE Q. I've been banned what do I do? A. Visit the "Ban Info" menu at the top of the page and click that appropriate link that relates to your ban. Then make sure you fill out the form properly after reading the guidelines to submitting a ban dispute Q. What do I do if someone is hacking? A. If you are in game you can report said individual using @report 'playername' REASON HERE If that doesn't help you, you can always submit a ban request by visiting the "Ban Info" menu at the top of the page and clicking the appropriate link Q. Can I submit a request for a new server, or a smaller special server? A. Sure but to put it bluntly most requests have been made already so rather than making a request that has already been made you should visit THIS LINK. That link talks about how we can go about getting more servers and what needs to be done to get those. Q. Well why don't you change some of the servers that you have now to those special servers? A. Because we have those servers as they are what stay full and are the easiest to keep populated. Just because 5 people like something doesn't mean that it's a smart option to keep a server that those 5 people think is a good server. Q. Why don't you change the ticket counts? A. Ok this is where you need to start realizing that the admins at ADK have been running servers for well over a combined 20 years if not more. We promise we're not going to do something that won't work and if we do happen to do that we have our admins making sure that we try to provide the best servers possible for as many people as possible. We love suggestions but when the suggestions are made that make us seem like we don't know what the heck we are doing that's when it's a little overboard. Again just because you and your buddies like something doesn't mean it's a great idea for a large gaming community as the server won't stay populated and pay for itself. We do want to start bringing more of those to the community, but please refer to the answer of the 3rd questions where a link was posted regarding different servers and how to make it happen. But to answer this question some, on certain servers like our BF3 TDM, it is meant to be a quick round server where you have a match that ends quickly. Some people don't want to play a round that goes on for 30 minutes, and a lot of people have enjoyed it. And again our admins do look at servers and how they are doing, but don't forget just because a few people want something doesn't mean everyone wants it. Q. How come I can't use explosives in a no explosives server but everybody else can? A. In actuality those individuals aren't supposed to either, but they are choosing to break the rules We are humans and unfortunately we aren't perfect to catch everyone. But our admins do the best that they can to be perfect and we have our auto admin in place for no explosives, but it comes down to rules are rules. If you choose to break them and you get in trouble, that is your fault and there is nobody else to blame. You can make reports and if admins aren't in the server they will go over them to see those who break the rules often and will deal with them. Just because an admin isn't in the server doesn't mean that we aren't looking at the reports. Q. Why don't you have servers that have multiple expansion maps on them? A. Because they are quite difficult to maintain unless you have people willing to be in the servers and make sure they are populated day in and day out. Please refer again to the link in the answer of the third question as this relates to that. If we have people who are going to make sure that these servers will indeed stay populated then possibly but so far we haven't been able to get that. In the past we've done B2K which a lot of people were begging for an it went nowhere. Q. There's someone cursing and using racist remarks in the server, why haven't they been banned? A. Because the reality of it is nobody will ever be happy, these are not remarks that you will see any admin using but we aren't going to police everybody and what they say. What one person might find offensive, the other person might not. So if we remove a few words then we'll need to remove all words that people find offensive. Now if the individual is spamming constantly and/or just being a troll about it you can always submit a ban request and let us know what was happening. Admins will then look over it to see what action needs to be taken. Q. Why don't you kick people who have a high ping? A. In reality high ping doesn't cause as many problems as a lot of people think. Admins have been talked to about how to handle something that is absurd but they will not kick someone with a 150 ping because people are complaining about them. We have members from all over the world and we're not going to limit what servers they play on. Someone's high ping to a server does not cause a server to lag. If the server is lagging it'll be everyone noticing it. BUT if there are only a few individuals who are complaining about lag, it's more than likely an issue with their connection to the server. The best thing to do would be do a tracert to the server, but most people don't want to believe that they might have an issue on their end or somewhere between their house and the server. And the reality is that there could be an issue that someone is seeing. There are plenty of posts about ping in the servers so feel free to do a search to look them up. Q. Why don't you just disable weapons that you can't use in the no explosive server? A. Don't you think we would have done that if it was possible? :) Q. Why can't I dispute a ban after 2 months? A. If people cared so much to play on our servers after a perma ban, they would come and dispute within the first 2 months. We feel 2 months is more than enough time to dispute a perma ban. Q. Why don't you have anything besides 64 slot servers? A. Again refer to the link in the answer to question number three. But long story short, it's not easy to keep small number servers populated as often as possible when we have as many servers as we do. Due to the fact that you could lose 15 people at a time in one game, there goes half the population of the server which could indeed empty the server. So if it's wanted we need people willing to put in the time and effort to do such and to make it so that there is always a queue for the servers. Q. Why does it seem like you guys get frustrated when people ask certain questions? A. Seriously though, it's because they are normally questions that have been answered multiple times and most of the time it appears that the question wasn't thought about in the manner of "Hey I wonder if anybody else has posted about this." Unlike Battlelog where things normally get hidden and admins don't respond, we do see pretty much 99% of everything that is posted without it getting lost because of the fact that we have admins for each particular section of the community. And those admins do make sure that we respond to topics where someone might have a question. So with that last question being answerd, please just take 10 seconds to browse the forums and search to see if your topic has been discussed before you go and make a post. If it's not too old or hasn't been answered feel free to leave your input but a lot of the same questions are coming up over and over. Ping, ping, ping, why can't I use explosives, ping, ping, can we have more servers, why can't we have these maps, why do you only have like 200 tickets on the TDM server, 64 players is a lot of people to have on a server, where are the expansion maps, why is this person using curse words and racist remarks and hasn't been banned yet. As always we do appreciate and ask for suggestions but most of the questions that we see over and over have been answered and could be answered for you by making a search on the forums. Thank you for your support of the community and as always we will continue to provide the best possible gaming experience on our servers for as many people in the world.
    • Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
MECH_LEDENEC

bipod illegaly used by KYOKUSHIN20

Hello !

Recently  I have played on ADK #7 Metro No Explosives server and there was a situation that maked me really frustrated.

Some noob called kyokushin20 started to use bipod glitch which gived him an option to kill people without him being seen ( I could not see him with a sniper rifle at all ) . He was reported by a lot of players, but some of admins sayed " It is allowed ".

I dont think that server which wanted to be respected should allow things like this, and I want all bipod glitchers be punished, because it is ILLEGAL. I think you should change your rules about this aspect of gameplay and start at least kicking players for this.

Screenshots attached.

[attachment=3894:ScreenshotWin32-0015.png]

[attachment=3895:ScreenshotWin32-0016.png]

Thanks for your attention.

MECH.

Edited by MECH_LEDENEC

Hey @[member='MECH_LEDENEC']

I would first like to say that these screenshots don't give a correct image of the situation. What you see can be COMPLETELY different from what that other guy sees.

It's been a common problem in battlefield 4 since day 1.  for example look at the spectator viewing glitch -> http://www.adkgamers.com/topic/81302-spectator-glitch-please-read/#entry290313

Secondly, the map is really designed for camping, nothing new here. It's a bit better than in BF3 but it's still a camping map and that's why people go to that map.

Third, this has nothing to do with respect? We cannot and will not enforce all game imperfections, sadly enough it's the game that's designed in that way. If we should enforce it we need +15 new admins as everyone would see a glitch spot and to be honest, there are at least 10 spots where you can easily bipod glitch.

Do we like the bipod glitching, NO but can we do much.. not really.

Thank you

cave

They said bipod glitching is allowed so man up until something is done

I'M SORRY but i can't agree with you on that one ... ever been in situation that you are in middle of the elevator room and you get killed by glitch-er located on the rest area of the ramp ... well if you didn't let me assure you fing frustrating as hell ... especially if that messes up with you k/d ratio aight ? Now he/she did come here to address his concerns and telling him/her to man up is ... well uncalled for .... if you don't have kind or encouraging word don't try to reasure people by saying man the f... up ... they are here to voice their concern ... i think they are in right spot ... don't you ?

Cheers

Sloth

Edited by Depressive_Sloth

@[member='Depressive_Sloth']

yes i have and times and times again they said 

WE WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT BIPOD GLITCHING 

i learned to accept that shitty players do it 

@[member='caveman70'] soo if an admin happens to spot a bipod glitcher nothing will be done? or when you spot them action is taken, but we just simple dont have manpower to hunt 24/7 ?

-- gozzen

Even tho I too find the thought of hard to reach campers, honestly I feel like those people can only get away with it if the team doesn't rush them, and insteads camp themselves, which unfortunately happens alot. 

I'm confused about the glitch part I guess because they're not becoming invincible when using bipod unless I'm mistaken, what makes it glitching? Or maybe I've never experienced this first hand? I play in the Operation Lockers solely though...

@[member='caveman70'] soo if an admin happens to spot a bipod glitcher nothing will be done? or when you spot them action is taken, but we just simple dont have manpower to hunt 24/7 ?

-- gozzen

There is now no action taken if someone says "he's bipod glitching", there is however 1 exception and that's when it gets sooo bad that lot's of people start to leave the server. Than it's no longer bipod glitching but "depopulating" the server. This however is exceptional as most people still can get killed..

There is now no action taken if someone says "he's bipod glitching", there is however 1 exception and that's when it gets sooo bad that lot's of people start to leave the server. Than it's no longer bipod glitching but "depopulating" the server. This however is exceptional as most people still can get killed..

Id like to see our enforcement be proactive instead of reactive.

You may only lose 2-3 people per match that are fed up with bipod glitching. But over the course of weeks/months thats alot of people who will avoid ADK servers because of the frustration they've had.

I understand that it is hard to enforce. But the rules should allow enforcement when the resources are available.

We don't have enough admins to populate the servers as it is. <br />
<br />
Everybody is quick to complain, but not to step up and help out. <br />
We can't add more rules to police when we have nobody to enforce them. <br />
<br />
If we start taking away more servers, then we lose more players. (we've seen this when we dropped our EU servers). We kept one, it stays fairly populated, ranking in the top 50 servers or so. It needs little policing. We have some dedicated EU members and guests who are great at letting admins know when there is something going on in the server that needs attention. <br />
<br />
With fewer servers, we then start getting people coming to the site asking why don't we add a chain link server (for example). So we add it. Then our admins are forced to spend extra time in that server to keep it populated while it slowly increases rank. In the meantime, our other servers drop in rank. Some servers don't get the policing needed (metro/lockers no explosives). <br />
<br />
We don't have the numbers to be proactive. Everybody that is punished in one way or another for bipod glitching, comes to the server to dispute. This requires our admins to take time to deal with the customer service aspect of adminning which most people don't see. <br />
<br />
We are taxed. How do we solve this? We need more members and more people donating their time in the admin roles. Until people stop complaining or providing their well intentioned advice and start stepping up, things will remain as is.

I find it hilarious when people elude to threats of going to another server or we are losing people to other servers. Here is my reply to that..

Do it.

Best of luck and hope another server can give you the experience there we are not giving you here. After about 2 days when you come back from being spammed with flash bangs and flares with no admin on duty, people being outright banned with no investigating and egotistical admins on a power trip when they are in the server you will learn that it doesn't get much better then here.

Go ahead. Try it. I'm calling you out.

I find it hilarious when people elude to threats of going to another server or we are losing people to other servers. Here is my reply to that..

Do it.

Best of luck and hope another server can give you the experience there we are not giving you here. After about 2 days when you come back from being spammed with flash bangs and flares with no admin on duty, people being outright banned with no investigating and egotistical admins on a power trip when they are in the server you will learn that it doesn't get much better then here.

Go ahead. Try it. I'm calling you out.

bla bla bla useless speach . 

everyone on a server is now using bipod glitch on any corner, so they cant be hit but they can hit enemies. no one wants to do anything ?  wow ! 

u dont have admins ?  there is always some 1 online but  i didnt saw admin who wanted to do smth with this glitching idiots .

start to ban glitchers, because people are unhappy to play on your server, but they do not have a choise.

bipod glitch is NOT OK (some admin told me 'its ok', yeah, its fucking okay when you got killed by a man you cant see at all, its sooo fucking okay)

P.s. this person - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/Ekzessive/ is a HARD bipod glitcher, and he plays only using corner glitch, the whole server wanted to do something with him today. I DONT THINK ITS OKAY AT ALL !

I am outraged and insulted by your 'rules' about it . DO SOMETHING. You allowed people to use it and see what happens. Server became a shithole. Sorry, but that is true. Again, you have to start doing something about it as fast as you can.

I am off until there will be a rule about bipods. I am tired to die again and again just because player who killed me is using game bugs giving him an advantage.

Edited by MECH_LEDENEC

@[member='MECH_LEDENEC']

You were bitching nonstop in the server, you didn't give me any time to even look at the players who you complained were Bipod glitching. but neither player was even using support class.

You seem very emotionally invested in punishing the bipod glitchers. If you are so upset about it, take it up with DICE because that is one more thing we are not going to spend our volunteer hours trying to police because it is a game mechanic that is doable around just about every corner in metro. Sorry, It's metro, a total Charlie foxtrot of a map where you just kill farm. 

incase you didn't notice people were spamming smoke and flares which takes priority over a rule we have said publicly we don't enforce unless it is disrupting the server.

I don't know what else to tell you. I will ask them to move if I see a legit glitch but otherwise you need to calm down and return fire. I don't seem to have a problem killing them. Some people complain more than others. 

I play LMG a lot, sometimes with the bipod.  To avoid even the appearance of glitching I never straddle a wall and shoot at a 90 degree angle, but that's just me.

Oh, I agree that the glitching issue is labor-intensive as to enforcement, so no enforcement is the rule, but it is frustrating, and I can see the point of the IP.  This is an issue that will not be resolved to the satisfaction of anyone and everyone, and like BF3, instead of taking the path that is more difficult in dealing with these glitchers, like a coordinated push, more and more subtle explosive techniques are used to circumvent both the auto admin and the exploit offered by this glitch.  It's just a natural cause and effect of gaming frustration experiences.  Allowed cheating leads to more cheating, and is a natural part of this map when explosive use is disallowed. You never see anyone reporting bipod glitching in explosive infantry and vehicle maps, only the no explosive, infantry-only ones.   People are going to complain about the imperfections of the game that allows glitching.  But to say that players don't know they're bipod  gltiching is ridiculous.  They know exactly what they're doing.  The "we don't have enough admin" is a better rationale for the lack of pursuit of the issue.  Move on, bipod glitchers are just marginal players allowed to exist within this server.   That isn't going to change, so try to enjoy the game.....Heck, even members are using this exploit.   This issue is a lose-lose for everyone, so players need to move past it...

Regards!

We don't have enough admins to populate the servers as it is. 

Everybody is quick to complain, but not to step up and help out. 
We can't add more rules to police when we have nobody to enforce them. 

We are taxed. How do we solve this? We need more members and more people donating their time in the admin roles.

Lower your hours per week requirement (or make exceptions altogether for certain people) and I would have already applied to an admin position.

2 hours per day for someone who is active duty and has a family is tough to pull off, but for the 5-10 hours a week I DO play, I could be enforcing rules.

So some of us are more than willing to step up, just not allowed to.

We aren't going to lower the requirements.

I wish you good luck then. If u are too lazy to do something - I have nothing to speak with you.

Edited by MECH_LEDENEC

I wish you good luck then. If u are too lazy to do something - I have nothing to speak with you.

I'm sorry but who are you again to start insulting our admins?
Do you pay for the servers, do you help out.. I'm suspecting not so please don't go there. If you don't like our rules please either start your own server or go play on another one. Apparently ours isn't good enough for you

^^ Arguments aside, I think the bipod 'glitch' is just one of hundreds of spammy/camper shit in this game.  What's next, kick UCAVers because you can't see him when he kills you?

What I mean is, if some dude wants to glue his face to a corridor and hold MB1 all game, fine.  I'll find a different way to go and get behind him.  One player cannot lock down an entire map, even Metro.  If one guy can lock down a corridor, why are you going that way over and over anyways?  I'm always able to bust through back stairs on Metro or snow-lane on lockers to avoid all the lamers just sitting there bipodding.

All that said, I think it's a good non-rule.  No sense making dumb rules just because people don't know how to flank.

^^ Arguments aside, I think the bipod 'glitch' is just one of hundreds of spammy/camper shit in this game.  What's next, kick UCAVers because you can't see him when he kills you?

What I mean is, if some dude wants to glue his face to a corridor and hold MB1 all game, fine.  I'll find a different way to go and get behind him.  One player cannot lock down an entire map, even Metro.  If one guy can lock down a corridor, why are you going that way over and over anyways?  I'm always able to bust through back stairs on Metro or snow-lane on lockers to avoid all the lamers just sitting there bipodding.

All that said, I think it's a good non-rule.  No sense making dumb rules just because people don't know how to flank.

This is the kind of attitude we take when considering implementing new rules. A server with too many rules isn't fun to play in. It's nice to just be able to play the game. That being said, we will take action when there is a major disruption, but out of the hundreds of spots that a person can set up a bipod, there are only a few places that are really bad.

Everybody in this thread (If you care enough, please take the time to read this - I've broken it into sections for easier reading):

Our primary goal as admins and advisers is to ensure that we have servers that are fun to play in. To do that, we are looking for dedicated volunteers who will spend the time ensuring that the servers are populated, policed and that people who have been punished have an outlet to appeal their punishments or bans. We aren't looking for people that will put in a little bit of time here and there when they feel like it. We want motivated individuals that can put in the time and effort. I work full time, which means I'm not always available to play, but I'm here in the forums, or on the admin forums ensuring that things are running smoothly. We realize people have other commitments, families, jobs and can't meet the minimum requirements.

The minimum requirements are there because we have found that advisers that don't meet the minimum requirements, either get tired of their adminning duties and get burnt out from populating/policing, or they just disappear. Those people willing to put in the minimum requirements (or usually more) are the ones that last longer.

Being an adviser/admin isn't always fun. Your game is often interrupted by people that are having issues, either in Teamspeak, or in game with a potential hacker. That means we quit the round we were in, take the hit in stats and deal with the situations.

We spend countless hours in empty servers, trying to ensure that it populates efficiently. Sometimes that means we can't play as well as normal, so again our stats suffer. It's not always fun. Then we have to deal with the negativity in chat, in Teamspeak and on the forums. People are always complaining about something. There are always trolls, or people who can't stand the fact that somebody has killed them. People complain about things, we try to fix them, then they find something else to complain about. (Balance, Ping, Explosives, Not enough admins, don't like this map, can you make a hardcore server - it goes on).

Negativity:

Once you become an admin, you can't turn off chat. Most advisers/admins don't even play in other servers, because they are needed in ADK servers, to enforce the rules - sometimes leading to people being removed from the server either temporarily or permanently.

Then you have to deal with people who have been banned - sometimes justly, sometimes by mistake. Some of them are polite, but the majority just start swearing at you as though you have done the worst thing possible to them in their entire life. This takes a toll on admins and advisers. It's like working in a call center for a corporation that provides terrible cable and internet service.... (I've worked in such a position - you feel helpless, caught between the evil corporation and the customers that they are screwing over, and you just need to put food on the table, but to the person that calls you - YOU are the reason their life sucks).

Banning:

We don't want to ban people. It sucks. It means that we are losing that person from playing in our servers, and often times, their friends. So we always try to warn people many times before taking a permanent action - and even after permanently banning somebody, we will sometimes consider lifting their bans if they prove to us they have changed - then we watch them very carefully.

Bipod Glitching:

When it comes to banning and policing for bipod glitching, this is something that we have talked about a lot.

Not everybody knows what true bipod glitching is. We get so many reports that turn out to just be people using a bipod.

If a person is set in a way that they can kill but they cannot be killed (not just bipod), then they are said to be glitching. The problem here is that most people just keep running down the same path, straight into the bipoder's bullets. 

Yes, they are tough to kill - head on. But as you have said, @[member='ljohnl'] , there are other flanking routes, especially in the BF4 version of Metro (which seems to be where most people are reported for bipod glitching). In lockers, where there are more choke points, we don't get as many reports of bipod glitchers.

The broken game:

The other situation is this:

You aren't seeing what they are seeing. This goes for spectating as well as just playing (see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzY_lCxBE6g). A person may appear to be set up in a manner that they cannot be hit. We get the reports about them all the time. We go into spectate them, they look untouchable, yet they are 20 and 10, or something along those lines. People call "wallhacks" all the time. They seem to forget the difference in ping can make it seem like they shot through walls. (Seriously, watch the video above).

There are cases where a person is set up in a position that is giving them what appears to be an unfair advantage, but these people are taking advantage of the poor tactics used by many people - not clearing rooms, running straight through the line of fire, not covering their 6. There are so many poor mistakes made that could be averted if people slowed down a tad and considered their tactics.

Become a better player, be tactical.

I have only recently started getting positive KD in most rounds. I have done this by avoiding the areas where clusters of soldiers are being mowed down by a guy with a bipod. I'm not interested in that kind of play style. I prefer to push the objective. I've lowered the sensitivity on my mouse, removed the mouse acceleration, dropped all my graphics down from ultra to low to get 150+ fps, removed blurring, etc. All of these things have culminated in making me a better player (I'm still not that good mind you :D). My bf4db stats still suck, but I enjoy playing the game - when I am not stuck adminning.

Summary:

We can't punish for everything. If a player is not willing to adjust their tactics, then why should we hire more volunteer admins to punish the people that are getting in their way of a perfect game?

When things get out of hand, we will handle it. Other than that, just play the game, try to have fun and stop complaining about every little thing that happens to kill you. We'll admin the servers, but we won't over-admin them.

Seeing this post isn't going anywhere and some post authors definitely have a sense of entitlement to run the ADK server I will state this and topic will be locked as the question has been answered.

Bipod glitching is only an issue in no explosives as that player could easily be taken out with explosives. Any time the game fundamentals get changed other issues arise. We can't possibly deal with every aspect.

Dice has/is using Fairfight to kick players that use glitches. Yet the bipod is not one of them.

The BF 4 maps have multiple flanking routes versus BF 3. If a player is bipoded up flank them. If a player keeps running into the same spot and gets killed, we can't help stupid.

Lastly as stated spectator mode is inaccurate. Period. We can't punish or ban players and reduce the player base just to TRY and make a better experience for a few players dumb enough to get killed repeatedly by the same player in the same spot. As our No Explosive BF 3 server ended up failing after months of being #1 due to strict rules (which were a lot more lenient then any other server) shows we ended up banning to many players.

Now, you think it's easy, start your own server, dedicate 8 hrs a day plus populating it, spend your $100ish a month and please all the whiners. Let us know how that works out. If it does, we will update our rules to fit your needs, or you can relax and enjoy the game. Edited by Bromance