Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 

7 members have voted

1. 1. Was This Helpful?

• Yes
    • No

In this thread I will show you an easy, free, and legal way to add extra free games to your Steam Library. 

(Note: This requires the use of another persons login information. Only do this with people you trust)

Steps:

Step 1: Open up the Steam Client application on your computer

Step 2: With the application open, click on "Steam" located in the very upper left hand corner of the screen.

Step 3: Navigate down to "Settings"

Step 4: Click on "Family" 

At this point you should see something like this:

basuk7mbi1r8ygafg.jpg

You will see that you can share game library with up to five other users. Now here's the tricky part. In order for this to work, you MUST have the other persons login information that you wish to share your library with/get games from. Meaning from the picture above. I had to sign into IT3ABAGUFOFOOD's Steam account with his username and password. (When you do this, Steam will not recognize the computer that is trying to login to the account. So, Steam will send an email verification code to the users current email address, to make sure that the user is actually supposed to be using the other persons account.)

Step 5: After logging in successfully to your friend/family members steam account. click on the "Steam" icon once again, in the top left hand corner.

Step 6: Navigate to Settings

Step 7: Navigate to Family

Step 8: (You should then see yourself in the box where IT3ABAGUFOFOOD is. If not, simply click on "Authorize this computer" and mark sure the box has a "Check Mark" in it.

Step 9: Log out of friend/family members account and back into your own

Step 10: Scroll down through your "My Games" list.

If you did it correctly, it should look like this:

vkkrrsg2hr8bf9dfg.jpg

For some reason not every game the user has will be transferred, but most will.

Thank you for reading. Enjoy.

Please give this a LIKE if I helped you at all.

@[member='Pepsi'] 

Very cool. I've got a nephew who would like to play a lot of the games I'm no longer playing, so this will help him greatly. Good info, thanks!

Eh you could be a prick like me and torrent anything without a multiplayer

This wasn't as hard as i thought it was, managed to share games with one of my friends. Altough i guess he get's the most of it...

UPDATE:

Not sure if it is just like this on my screen or not, but apparently this does not work as well as it used to. I now only have one section of games, not showing "IT3ABAGUFOFOOD" game section. It looks like some games are still there that he purchased, but only the ones that I have ever downloaded/played are still there. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

I am open to sharing games with some one on steam if they want,  https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198086477157/games/?tab=allcheck mine out and see if there are any you like. Also, are the games you share permament, play offline?

Edited by jimmycool630

@[member=jimmycool630] I am not sure, because as I mentioned in the previous post my brothers games seem to be combined into my game section. So I do not see his separate section of games like it's shown in the pictures in my first post. But I think, for the most part, they are permanent. Granted, not every game will be transferred to the other person's account, for whatever reason. 

Ok thanks feather. If anyone wants to try that with me let me know,  i really would like too. And as a show of good faith ill give mine first

Edited by jimmycool630

@[member='FeatherSton3']

I have one more question, what if after sharing my library with someone, i decide to change my password, would that effect his acess? and would he or she know that it has been changed and what it has been changed to?

@[member=jimmycool630] No, that should not affect their access. They would not know that you have changed your password because they are no longer in your account.