Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Princess Puffalot

To My Future ADK Friends, What You Should Know

Hi! I go by Puffalot, or Princess Puffalot, or Princess, or Princess P, or whatever.  :excl: LONG POST INC

So I grew up in Harlem, NYC, a very scrawny then very chubby tall girl with coke-bottle glasses addicted to my parents novels and my computer. I've always been painfully shy, and painful is not a hyperbole.

It hurts to not have friends. It hurts to be teased for having no common interests with the people around you. It hurts being too shy to defend yourself. Speaking has always felt difficult for me, (I was placed in ESL in kindergarten because my teachers were unsure I knew English lol)....but then came video games. And I don't mean Genesis/SNES days, those were great, but I was young, naiive to the crueltys of bullys then. I'm talking about PC Gaming. Oh my PC, my pride and joy, my father taught me where each piece went from the motherboard to the floppy drive when I was far too young to understand, and when I was old enough we gathered the pieces (found a great moniter on bulk trash day), and he helped me put together my first desktop. My HD held 4GB and I loved it for years. I spent hours inside my mind playing all the old Tycoon games, and Maxis simulators (Sim Ants!), and hours modding for Sims 1.

The almost forced introspection of those days helped me know the person I was, and the person I wasn't. (which was very important in a neighborhood like mine.) School was hell, home was ghetto heaven. 

Fast forward to college and I decide to play my first "real" online multiplayer game: WoW. lol And WOW was I teased about WoW in college, and it's funny because I wasn't even a little close to good. I had so much fun just noob questing it out, I didn't realize everything was at "endgame" because I had no friends to game with, just phony IRL friends that liked/disliked me for shallow reasons. 

Now at 24 years old, I've discovered many games I love like Hearthstone, Battlefield 4, GTA, Starcraft. I discovered I LOVE being competitive, I love the bonding that results from landing in a perfect squad, and I don't mind training hard to be good, it's the only cure to my shyness. Being good. Want to avoid trolls? Then get good. lol

I also discovered I don't NEED people to like me or play these games with me. That brings me to why I'm here today guys, I WANT people to play with me, I WANT others to find me useful ingame and out, and now I'm not afraid to ask!   :blush2:  :lol:

Now enough mushiness, who wants to play some BF4, Operation Locker? ADD ME SQUAD UP LETS GO LETS GO LETS GO!!

Oh yea, also I work remotely as a Rails programmer...

Welcome to the ADK forums. I hope you find what yo are looking for here.
I have been with ADK for over 2 years and would have to say there are many people just like you, and well in some regards i am too.

I now longer play BF but know there are still some great people over there that would be willng to squad up. Join them on TS if you havent yet. Get to know them.

If there is anything we/I can do to help please let me know.

@[member='Cagregorio']  @[member='KnightsX'] @[member='cephasthrice'] Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone!

@[member='darkelf1'] lol That's awesome, thank you!

Hope to see you all in game soon as well =D everyone seems pretty cool so far!

@[member='Dowin'] Wow Thank youuu! Were you in EU#5 server? I didn't know I had a friend there! I've been having lots of fun in there, been working up the courage to go to the TS :lol:  let's play again soon! 

@[member='White Death'] Hey you know I never heard of ArcheAge but I will have to check it out, the internets are raving about DayZ and as far as I know it's F2P so it's next on my list!  :D  I still feel bad for neglecting my ESO account hehe

Thanks for the welcomes!

@[member='Princess Puffalot'] welcome to ADK - I not a full member yet, so we will be taking the big jump into the ADK World together.. kinda.. Most of the people in ADK is house trained, so it should all work out like a dream.

-- gozzen

@[member='Dowin'] Wow Thank youuu! Were you in EU#5 server? I didn't know I had a friend there! I've been having lots of fun in there, been working up the courage to go to the TS :lol:  let's play again soon! 

@[member='White Death'] Hey you know I never heard of ArcheAge but I will have to check it out, the internets are raving about DayZ and as far as I know it's F2P so it's next on my list!  :D  I still feel bad for neglecting my ESO account hehe

Thanks for the welcomes!

yes i have once.......you kicked my ass in it so i never went back hahaha ..........and archeage is in beta atm but a lot of us had the chance to play it and its a very good game we are trying to get a adk guild up .......once it is released it will be a FTP MMO so  

@[member='Phire'] Thank you Phire! 

@[member='Dowin'] You ADKers convinced me to check it out, loved what I saw, signed up for Beta last night XD

@[member='gozzen'] Thanks man, I hope to see you on the battlefield soon!

Also Dowin and Phire I see a lot of you are into Planetside on here as well, *sigh* another game to add to the list!

@[member='Princess Puffalot'] Welcome to the forums. Like white death said. You gotta check out dayz mod. The overpoch cherno server is quite active. I'll see you there!

:D Thank you fellow newbies!

And @[member='smashley'] your name alone makes you sound awesome to game with lol, let's game real soon!

@-GALLOWS- Thank you so much for the welcome, but oh wow I was confused before because I thought everyone was playing (regular?) DayZ (not Mod). I know this seems small but I only read of the medical system of Dayz Mod and already had googly eyes hehe it reminded me of Fallout a bit from what I read, I have neither game though, really only heard of both versions of this game recently, so if I did play I want it to be the right one! lol Can't wait to check it out now the hype is through the roof. 

@[member='Type2dk'] - Aww one day I really will be one of the best medics it's a day I truly long for but a positive k/d ratio would be nice first hahaha...thanks for gaming with me the past few weeks man =D 

@[member='SuiicideMushroom'] - Nice meeting/shooting with you too, thank you for making me feel welcome on TS =)

@[member='Naruteitor'] - Aww thanks I see you all the time...I think! Let's play again soon! Next time I'll try to actually land a kill on you. =D

@[member='Scorpinox_1'] - Thanks for the kind words =) Truer words have never been spoken, but lol what movie is that gif from?

@[member='FeatherSton3'] - Hello to you too! I'll be keeping an eye and ear out for you as well, I need to be on TS more, see you soon =)

Also, @[member='gozzen'] , seeing your post again after all this time makes me realize how long I've been checking ADK out, I have to put in that application soon =)

@[member='Princess Puffalot']

Welcome to the forums comrade! It shall be nice that you will be joining us. :D 

If you ever find yourself in planetside or want someone to goof around with on starcraft. Im game. ^_^ 

Anyway cya around. 

Sincerely, your comrade in arms, Spytim