Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
COCONUTTIES

R9 270. Replace with a better Nvidia card or not?

I have been thinking about this for a while but i do not know if its worth spending the money on the better card. I probably will need an upgrade soon for future games. I just need some advice on this. Please and thank you.

Man I'm not sure what to say other than the card you have should play every game out there on decent settings.  Unless you plan on moving way up there might not be a point at this time.  Here is a good site I use to look at few numbers.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

Nice. My 270 runs medium graphics decently. Only reason I want a good nvidia is because my uncle had 3 r9 290x's and his game always crashes. And and is cheap and good but. Not good enough. They always have problems

@[member='COCONUTTIES']

Depending on the game ofcourse, but mantle has been proving to equal Nvidia in performance, depending on the CPU (I5 guys) AMD is proving to exceed the performance if some intel/nvidia systems.

The AMD parts run hot, real hot. It is common sense you a) shouldn't OC them at all b) need quality case (not a cheap ass $50 case) and quality cooling parts.

I have stated I recently built a all AMD system that matches my hexi-core Intel system in gaming for around $500 less. Where the AMD system gets dominated is the software I use (Blender, Abode Cloud Suite). And that is about rendering time not really errors or other performance issues.