Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Majestic95

What's your take on gnar?

I am yet to play him, I tend to buy them but wait until their obsession is over before trying them. I bet they are in every game right? From playing against him however, he isn't as op as champs have been beforehand. I tend to have a 50 50 win loss ratio against him. That could also be that he is hard to get used to.

I have played against him a few times now and I think people don't really know how to use his abilities yet. He seems like a fun champ but not the best for competitive play due to not being able to control which form he will be in

@[member='Phreaktaco'] The more annoying thing is i'm starting to see more urgot mid against gnar. Urgot kicks his butt haha.

I got Gnar when he first came out. He is fun to play, his kite is amazing. His kit is extremely helpful in games, going from ranged poke to tanky initiates. His transforming hop into a mega Gnar ult can be used to instantly lock down the back line if used right. I haven't found any bugs or problems with him, other than I hope they smooth out his mega gnar kit a bit.

So far I have found out that he gets hard countered by the following:

Riven, because of the mobility, making her hard to kite.

Poppy, well because poppy is op as heck :P

Teemo, counters his ranged poke aspect

Renekton, Can stand up to Mega Gnar, and is able to get into Gnar's face and lock him down to do damage.

Anyone know of any others yet? It would be a good update for me :)

@[member='Nightmare'] I've been unlucky enough to go up against brand top lane multiple times when playing gnar. His constant aoe and dots make it really difficult to kite! :(

definitely a fighter and a killer. I know he can be a decent tank as well. Still haven't tried that out but top lane solo I usually take out the enemy and his buddy who comes to gank. Gnar is super badass. He's also cute so can't go wrong there. I played him for two days straight and won almost every game by controlling top lane and coming mid just in time with max rage to take out the enemies mid push. This guy is definitely one of my new favorites!

Honestly i dont like Gnar to much, like he's fun to play and all, but i dont think he has a place in ranked

Ok ok ok, sorry I kinda just skimmed over these and didn't really read into what most people said, but yours caught my eye just now. So what do you mean by he doesn't have a place in ranked?

Ok ok ok, sorry I kinda just skimmed over these and didn't really read into what most people said, but yours caught my eye just now. So what do you mean by he doesn't have a place in ranked?

Like he's a very hard champion to put into a team comp, and im not saying that he's not good, or that he cant be played in ranked, just his skillset in solo Q you have to be really really good with, and you literally have to time his transformation incredibly well for him to be as effective as you need him, and most solo Q games, you wont be getting a team that can coordinate with that, or Gnar's skillset in general, so i dont think he's that strong in ranked at the moment. Maybe when he's been out for a few months and people learn though.

Like he's a very hard champion to put into a team comp, and im not saying that he's not good, or that he cant be played in ranked, just his skillset in solo Q you have to be really really good with, and you literally have to time his transformation incredibly well for him to be as effective as you need him, and most solo Q games, you wont be getting a team that can coordinate with that, or Gnar's skillset in general, so i dont think he's that strong in ranked at the moment. Maybe when he's been out for a few months and people learn though.

There it is again...it's almost as if your insinuating that ranked is serious, and certain champs shouldn't be played in it because they're not as "good." Now I could be wrong here, but if I'm not wrong... The I shall slap you through the interwebs, because that is the thought process that has killed this game.

There it is again...it's almost as if your insinuating that ranked is serious, and certain champs shouldn't be played in it because they're not as "good." Now I could be wrong here, but if I'm not wrong... The I shall slap you through the interwebs, because that is the thought process that has killed this game.

No no, im not saying that he shouldnt be played, or that any champion isnt as "good" as others, im saying, as of right now, a lot of the players you'll get on your team wont know how to teamfight with a Gnar on their team, so all im saying is give it a month or two.

No no, im not saying that he shouldnt be played, or that any champion isnt as "good" as others, im saying, as of right now, a lot of the players you'll get on your team wont know how to teamfight with a Gnar on their team, so all im saying is give it a month or two.

I can agree to this to a certain extent. I have been getting my experience with Gnar in solo q, and thus far I haven't had a problem timing my transform or ganks. It's just a matter of knowing how to play the game and execute certain strategies at certain times. If you have a good jungler that will respond in time to your ping then thats all you need. Otherwise, Gnar can hold top lane extremely well with no assistance, giving you a very good edge over the opposing team. But you do need to beware the enemy ganks. If you just burned your transform and they come to get ya, you probably won't survive unless you see it coming ahead of time and you can escape. 

Also, knowing that your solo q team most likely doesn't know how to team fight with Gnar yet, I am usually the one that watches out for the team fights and I come in to sweep up the floor. Always having at least 90 rage and making sure I don't needlessly burn my transform until its the right time. 

All in all, I think it requires overall LoL experience to master this guy. He has great potential.

i have only played him once but i am not a fan of him 

give him a chance! He really is badass, and super cute, first few times i played him he instantly became a favorite. His boomerang is an amazing tool for early harass. 

But isn't ranked there to be serious? I see normals there for fun games. People make professional gaming and streaming careers through there rank as it attracts viewers (you'd be more likely to watch a diamond player than a gold player). So far I've had a few Gnars in my games and have found them to lose out to many of the current top picks. When you are wanting to gain elo having your top lane lose is a major issue. 

But isn't ranked there to be serious? I see normals there for fun games. People make professional gaming and streaming careers through there rank as it attracts viewers (you'd be more likely to watch a diamond player than a gold player). So far I've had a few Gnars in my games and have found them to lose out to many of the current top picks. When you are wanting to gain elo having your top lane lose is a major issue.

Aaannnnddddd there it is.....
Im going to say this right here and now...none of you will ever go professional with this game. None of you are or ever will be apart of the 1% of this community that competes and MAKES MONEY OFF OF IT. None of you will ever give up you lives as of right now to become professional, and none of you have the skill to do it, yeah yeah don't bullshit me, you don't.

God ugh it pisses me off so damn much don't say that ranked is serious and normal is to have fun, I've has this happened to me multiple times I'm in champ select and I play something weird be it gank plank, twitch jg, ziggs sup or something and then I get called a low life faggot who needs to uninstall the game and kill himself, I've had people tell me on multiple occasions this is ranked it isn't spose to be fun. This is a damn game it's not serious, stop making it out to be serious, we're playing this for fun to pass the time in between classes, at night, or when there's nothing else to do.

I'm sorry but the people who think like you and the majority of the league community are killing this game, do you know how hard it is to play this game after be flamed at like that, do you know how hard it is to come back after having a bad game, all because people are so obsessed with there elo that they shun anything that isn't the damn meta and flame anyone that has one bad game, someone has to lose no matter what and most likely that person who's losing is being flamed at, think about that next time you get fed.

Phreaktaco... your ego seriously seems to have its own orbit.

I reckon, before long, Nasa will be sticking flags in your ego... or Russia for that matter.

Maybe your face has sustained multiple meteorite impacts, explains why you insult others...

Phreaktaco... your ego seriously seems to have its own orbit.
I reckon, before long, Nasa will be sticking flags in your ego... or Russia for that matter.
Maybe your face has sustained multiple meteorite impacts, explains why you insult others...

Wait how did my ego come into this? When was I insulting someone? I mean yeah I have a gigantic ego, I'm a trumpet for god sake, but that's besides the point.

Oh wait now I know what you're talking about the fact that I said none of you will become professionals... Yeah well if you do become professional please please do send me a picture. But I still don't get where my ego came into this....

Word of warning ...................i am going to put my incite on this ...........  first and for most see this as a game and play it as that i am not to the lvl of  professional.. 

secondly if someone feels that they are there then that's how they feel do not down them for it or anyone for that matter let there game play speak for them.....if you feel like there not then ask them to get in a game to prove they are till then lets keep this thread nice and not down anyone

Or it will get locked 

Word of warning ...................i am going to put my incite on this ........... first and for most I see this as a game and play it as that i am not to the lvl of professional..

secondly if someone feels that they are there then that's how they feel do not down them for it or anyone for that matter let there game play speak for them.....if you feel like there not then ask them to get in a game to prove they are till then lets keep this thread nice and not down anyone

Or it will get locked

Dowin what I wrote wasn't meant to be bashing anyone, honestly if anyone here is apart of that one percent please speak up, if any of you are willing to give up your lives as of right now please do tell me I'd love to talk to you and learn some tips.

Sorry got side tracked a bit with that first part. But once again as with most things I write some of the new people take what I say to personally, this post wasn't about bashing someone, this post was about people taking this game to seriously, and in turn ruining the game for others who just want to have fun, and I want to have fun in ranked, while getting my season rewards.

its all good man just remember when writing on the forums some people take things differently by the words you choose to use while others do not mind and take no offence to it  .........

@[member='Phreaktaco'] 

the only reason i stepped in was to remind everyone this and cuz i was told about it lol but all is good, everyone reacts differently if they cant here you say it in TS lol i learned that myself the hard way lol  

Gnar is a crazy champ! You can get him low, think you are going to get a kill, then suddenly Mega Gnar kicks your butt! 

His kitting is like no other. His passive makes him impossible to outrun as well. Yet I just can't get it right haha.

Well sadly other people have started to learn how to play him so he's been hit with a nerf on the PBE, he's gunna lose attack speed per level from 1% to .5%, the base damage on his wollop is being decreased and his ult's ad ratio is being decreased.  It's not that big, but still.....