Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Dynasty

Future Corsair Build 2014/2015

Dynasty,

Looks like a solid build and you have a good budget. My only suggestion is that you consider a hexacore CPU. Games (as well as OS) are trending toward making better use of both physical and virtual cores. I figured that since you will be streaming while you game, having 2 more physical cores could come in handy and the investment will keep your rig stronger longer. My 3930K at 4.4Ghz (H80i cooling) is still mighty strong with power to spare. I think @[member='Bromance'] would agree.

Best to you,

War

Something you may want to try with a -E chipset...

I have quad channel capability, but run my mobo dual channel mode b/c I don't stream and don't really need the extra bandwidth quad channel memory provides.  The benefit of running dual channel instead of quad channel memory is lower latency (increases apparent memory speed over quad channel because the overhead involved with managing 4 memory channels is eliminated).  I suggest trying it both ways, maybe run a benchmark or two and see what works best for you.  If you stream and run fast memory (>1600MHz), quad channel may be better depending on your memory timings.  YYMV.  Give it a try as most mobos will let you run either.

war

Edited by =ADK= warspite