Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Dowin

Im the NEW Recruiter for LOL

As some of you know i am now the New recruiter for LOL. I do not play LOL but I will help on the forums and with questions if possible with that I need the LOL members to give me input on here with info and such not so that when I am asked I can give info out, to help out as much as I can.

This goes for both NA and EU side to that please put in here info you want me to know that way i can answer question for LOL. 

(EXP) what is the chat name for our EU LOL) answer= bob and sue)  

Please put a common question you here a lot for LOL and then put a answer that way I can study it and remember the answers when i am ask a similar question.

Also if you get anyone looking to join LOL please send them to me so I can get with them and go over the requirements to become a member of LOL.  

Thank You 

Hope I can make the LOL section proud to have me as there Recruiter. 

@[member='Dowin'] well this is surprising...jerk abandoning PS2.... Meanie...

But really any question find me man, and I'll be glad to help you with my vast knowledge of nerdiness. I'll edit this as I think of a few common questions.

@[member='Dowin'] well this is surprising...jerk abandoning PS2.... Meanie...

I still play PS2 but i help out where there is a lack of help on the forums but do not worry i my young friend will be downloading LOL so i can help as much as i can and you young sir ......i can say the same about you 

I still play PS2 but i help out where there is a lack of help on the forums but do not worry i my young friend will be downloading LOL so i can help as much as i can and you young sir ......i can say the same about you

Oh...if you're downloading league, I will be playing with you and teaching you the game, that my good sir is a fact. And it's not my fault my parents don't have internet, 25 more days and I will be back to my usual activity level.

Welcome to the team Dowin! I'm glad to have you with us :p

We need another recruiter for league if you can do this.

I have a few members in mind already for League recruiter, and It'd be prefered if they were EUW at least since Dowin is NA :p 
If phreak is able to help us on EUW too then that'd be great. But otherwise I need people to help us out over on EUW.

Welcome to the team Dowin! I'm glad to have you with us :p

I have a few members in mind already for League recruiter, and It'd be prefered if they were EUW at least since Dowin is NA :p
If phreak is able to help us on EUW too then that'd be great. But otherwise I need people to help us out over on EUW.

Then speak up and suggest the people so staff can see if they are qualified to speak on ADK behalf since recruiters set the first impressions of potential ADK members. Make sure these people you have in mind are able to make the recruitment meetings and be active in recruitment sections on the forums as well as general policy and terms ect ect.

Then speak up and suggest the people so staff can see if they are qualified to speak on ADK behalf since recruiters set the first impressions of potential ADK members. Make sure these people you have in mind are able to make the recruitment meetings and be active in recruitment sections on the forums as well as general policy and terms ect ect.

Already dealing with it >.>'

I'm sorry to bring all my negativity here, but frankly, i do not believe that having a lol recruiter who doesn't actually play the game is suitable. I don't want to question the admin's decisions, but based on my personal experiences it is extremely important to know the game and have a strong idea or impression of what a good player is like. I am not talking about mechanically good players but about people who are going to build and improve our community in every aspect. I am not talking against anyone, i am actually sorry to bring this up, but I think that ADK should equal quality over quantity, since it is meant to be different and not mainstream right? And honestly with someone who doesn't play the game I'm afraid it's gonna be the other way around. And I'm highly interested in building a good euw community, since I'm gonna be a part of it when I'm finally back. =]

I'm sorry to bring all my negativity here, but frankly, i do not believe that having a lol recruiter who doesn't actually play the game is suitable. I don't want to question the admin's decisions, but based on my personal experiences it is extremely important to know the game and have a strong idea or impression of what a good player is like. I am not talking about mechanically good players but about people who are going to build and improve our community in every aspect. I am not talking against anyone, i am actually sorry to bring this up, but I think that ADK should equal quality over quantity, since it is meant to be different and not mainstream right? And honestly with someone who doesn't play the game I'm afraid it's gonna be the other way around. And I'm highly interested in building a good euw community, since I'm gonna be a part of it when I'm finally back. =]

@[member='LastRights'] I've got to back him here, DoWins a great guy and he's said he will be downloading the game to help out and learn as much as he can.

@[member='LastRights']  no I agree with you perfectly on that but I will say this every time there was a L.O.L recruiter they walked out to a different game because they didn't want to do it anymore so with that i help ADK i go where there is a need to help build, on the forums side i do a lot for anyone and anyone because I am very good at that.. In game that is up to allllllllll members to be a recruiter for any game we play you try to get them to the TS once they get there I try to get them to the website and walk them thru to be a member 

Once you get into TS and meet me I think you will like me and if not then that's OK to I cant please everyone but I sure as hell try to, remember for anyone that if you think that I am the wrong fit please set up to the plate and be a recruiter if no one doesn't then this is what happens command staff gets moved around to fill the void lol 

I am not questioning that you are a really nice guy, nor your abilities to fulfil the task, it's just simply the fact that i believe looks something like this: In pretty much every community, I'm pretty sure you would agree, that the person who invites someone to a community remains a friend for that person, there is a 'padavan' sort of system you know? (A bit like) That also means that when you're recruiting on the forums, the potential guildies are not only interested in the community but in the player behind the thread on the forums. If he/she's good, that is a great impression but same goes for being friendly or smart etc... I've been looking for a community for ages and I'm really picky. You can feel the difference between the thread of a player or someone who is a general recruiter, and the second one usually feels a bit too commercial or plastic. But look, as I said, I'm sure you are a nice person and I'll get along with you, but I'd say the same in the same situation with some1 else in your place. It's just my opinion.

In response to the second part: In fact I would happily be a recruiter, but I have a bit of personal struggle to engage in building a community head on after I just joined. It's because I have done this a few times already and I usually ended up organising forums, recruiting, writing ridiculously detailed guides and all that just to see the community die in the following months.... Plus I have no reason to try to replace you o.O especially because I'm still pretty new. But if you are looking for a recruiter, count me in.

I feel bad about this, if I would have known you guys needed a recruiter do badly that you were just gunna throw a command person there I would have done it. I'm sorry if you go roped into this man.

I don't see what the problem is with having someone who doesn't play LoL being a recruiter admin. We are still the ones trying to get new people in here. He just mainly looks at the apps and gets our opinion on them if we know them. Everyone here is a recruiter if you really look at  it. Whoever it is I wan't it to be someone that has been in ADK a while, because I don't want this, bring in all your friends oh I got my feelings hurt lets everyone leave and talk sh*t about ADK type of crap. This is LoL not CS or TF2 or something, it's not like they can hop in our LoL server and talk over voip to recruit people. So my vote stands at someone with knowledge in ADK that knows the rules, the history, and has been here a while, over someone that hey I play league don't know anything else but I know how to play league LOL :P

@[member='JarHeaD4EXG']

I think you're oversimplifying it, because that's not what I said. But in fact no one would actually want to join a community if everyone is absolutely neutral towards the applicant and there are no signs of an actual community, as a completely uninvolved and after some time uninterested recruiter would. As if the recruiting is done by someone who is actually a part of the community, the atmosphere for a potential guildie is a lot nicer, and there is some sort of a pressure on the recruiter to accept people who will be boosting the community not pulling it down. I've been through the application process quite recently and frankly if that small eu core is not there I would've said that the whole lol adk community is dead. And I'm pretty sure some new recruits over here would agree.
Peace.

@[member='JarHeaD4EXG']

I think you're oversimplifying it, because that's not what I said. But in fact no one would actually want to join a community if everyone is absolutely neutral towards the applicant and there are no signs of an actual community, as a completely uninvolved and after some time uninterested recruiter would. As if the recruiting is done by someone who is actually a part of the community, the atmosphere for a potential guildie is a lot nicer, and there is some sort of a pressure on the recruiter to accept people who will be boosting the community not pulling it down. I've been through the application process quite recently and frankly if that small eu core is not there I would've said that the whole lol adk community is dead. And I'm pretty sure some new recruits over here would agree.
Peace.

how is it "oversimplifying it" when all I want is someone that has been in ADK a while that knows pretty much everything ADK and not someone that we know nothing about. Did I say you would be a bad recruiter? No I said this is LoL, how often do you recruit someone from in game? It isn't like a server you have regulars on and recruit them. Being from LoL isn't going to help any with the recruitment app process which is what he will be doing. I rather have someone neutral in ADK doing it like I said than someone that brings over 5 or so friends and then something happens to were they get mad and the friends go with them. I have ran a gaming community before I started E><G look it up. I had over 350 active members in the first 6 months. Oh so why don't you have EXG anymore you might ask. I didn't have the time for it, so I gave the keys to someone else and they failed with it. I still have some of those ex-members following me til this day. n00b, fate, and shiz that come in ts sometimes is some of those. Was I downing what you said? No To be honest I glanced at yours and a couple of others post and thought since I am a LoL admin in the ADK community I would give my opinion. ADK LoL is not dying from what I have seen it hasn't really had much work put into it until the last few months. There is several others that play here that you probably haven't even met. The ones I brought in all work so some weeks they are on a lot and others they may not be on at all. Verd is having pc issues. Noob works night shift. Watta has a baby on the way. Vam works all the time. T just started back to school. JJ has had a lot going on with school stuff. Do I need to mention more? That is just some of my people. LoL is hard to recruit for and I don't know about the others but I don't go around saying hey come join ADK unless I have played with them some. I think you need to give DoWin a chance and see what he can do and then we will go from there when someone that has been here for a while wants to step up and do it, and maybe that person can learn from what he is doing rather it be right or wrong in the coming months.

Oh and the actual recruiting is done by us. He is the admin recruiter. He accepts/declines apps can post on forums and stuff to try to boost recruiting, but everyone here is actually a recruiter. If I say hey do you want to join ADK? Isn't that recruiting? 

@[member='JarHeaD4EXG']

I'm sorry to hear about how your community got ruined, I've been through it on a smaller scale as well, so I know the feel.

I think that someone from the actual part of the community is better and I don't think I need to explain that. And to clarify if there are misunderstandings I was not planning to be a recruiter myself and I have nothing against Dowin, I just expressed my opinion.

The difference between the two of us is that you want to protect the existing community and I want to expand the euw lol part of it. I don't see a problem with that. So in caseADK is gonna go with a general recruiter, then @[member='Dowin'] please get us involved, since we are the one, who are concerned. Thank you ! =)

@[member='LastRights'] by all means please express your thoughts the only way we can get ideas and learn more about things is by saying whats on you mind with something 

If you want to be more involved you have to make the attempt to do it like being on TS if you want to do it get in TS i have no problems in showing you how to do something 

as we stand the EU and the NA are branching off doing there own thing witch is OK but LOL is still LOL so we all have to talk to one another about what they are doing and help one another if they need it 

for one i suck at typing on the forums as you can see i preferred if we can all talk on ts i feel as tho its way easier to do to get the ball moving to build the LOL once the ball is moving things will fall in the right place and work this out 

Welcome to the cause Dowin! Glad to see another Recruitment admin stepping up to the plate, though it is sad to see Irish stepping down. Don't be afraid to message me with anything if you need anything to do your job easier and better! :)

@[member='Dowin']

I'd love to go up to ts but I cant. I'm spending my holidays and I can't possibly play lol or access ts. When I'll be back, I'd love to talk to you.
On the other hand I would kindly refuse your invitation to teach me, as I am not in need of it I believe. Looking forward to talk to you and cooperate.
Cheers,
Last

Hey, welcome to the community, I'm a very new person myself but it's nice to see people making so much effort to better the community :) one of the major reasons I decided to join, so thank you for all your help :) and hopefully I can see on you on league or some other games some time!

Good to have you here Dowin. I usually play in the LoL TS and am currently applying to ADK. I've been playing for a while so it would be pretty cool if you came and joined LoL and got to see what this game is really about and maybe we can start a few teams that play regularly. I'll let my buddies know and drag them this way so we can all play together sometime. 

Good to have you here Dowin. I usually play in the LoL TS and am currently applying to ADK. I've been playing for a while so it would be pretty cool if you came and joined LoL and got to see what this game is really about and maybe we can start a few teams that play regularly. I'll let my buddies know and drag them this way so we can all play together sometime. 

Teamspeak is free to use with your friends, you can send them all this way. We are asking to get more teamspeak channels so if you find there aren't enough channels, send me a pm on the forums and ill try to move the additional channels up the need-to-do list.
As for your application to ADK, Dowin will be the one looking after that process so get Dowin in games and stuff so you impress him ;)

yes deffantly i tend to jump around alot in TS do tot the fact im a teamspeak admin/ps2 officer/recruitment admin/and a recruiter for other games/LOL/ArcheAge so i tend to get poked a lot for help and question if you see me in ts feel free to poke me and if im not busy i will get in game with you most of the other LOL players already know this so they poke me to see what i am doing and if im free ........i am mostly on in the mornings sense i work nights so if you are on then hit me up 

im on between 7am (est) to 2pm (est) 

Teamspeak is free to use with your friends, you can send them all this way. We are asking to get more teamspeak channels so if you find there aren't enough channels, send me a pm on the forums and ill try to move the additional channels up the need-to-do list.
As for your application to ADK, Dowin will be the one looking after that process so get Dowin in games and stuff so you impress him ;)

Thanks, I will let my friends know about ADK. I have been hanging out here for almost a year and have played all sorts of games so I know ADK is definitely a great gaming community a few friends, myself included, have been looking for. Appreciate your response!

yes deffantly i tend to jump around alot in TS do tot the fact im a teamspeak admin/ps2 officer/recruitment admin/and a recruiter for other games/LOL/ArcheAge so i tend to get poked a lot for help and question if you see me in ts feel free to poke me and if im not busy i will get in game with you most of the other LOL players already know this so they poke me to see what i am doing and if im free ........i am mostly on in the mornings sense i work nights so if you are on then hit me up 

im on between 7am (est) to 2pm (est) 

Sounds good! i work 24hr shifts and am off at 7am as well so I'm sure we'll bump into each other sometime.

Looking forward to becoming part of the ADK community :D