Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Austragus

A Wild Austragus Appears

TL:DR at the bottom.

Hello friends!

I'm Yaxuan, though I usually go by Austragus on the interwebs. 

I found ADK through the Planetside 2 outfit, after recently starting a new character on the Connery server. Currently, I have been playing ALOT of Planetside 2. I have been with the game since the Beta, though I did take a year-long break. 

The last outfit that I had been part of was the "Death Legion". Due to school and other obligations, I left over a year and a half ago. Now, because I have more time, I seek to join a larger, more organized group, and I hope that I will be able to participate in more community activities.

I have played ALOT of games, with a collection of over 100 games in my Steam library. Personal favorites, in no particular order, include: Red Alert 1-3, Starcraft 2, CSGO, Guild Wars 2, LoL, Dota 2, TF2, Warframe, CoD 1-2, Titanfall, Battlefield 3, Don't Starve (I'm a casual, forgive me), Hearthstone, Minecraft, Skyrim, Alan Wake, Age of Wonders 3, Divinity: Original Sin, FTL, Civ 5, Torchlight 2, Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, Bioshock 1-3, Borderlands 1-2, XCOM EU and of course Planetside 2. There are lots others, but remembering all of them is too hard. :(

Here is a general list about myself, and about my gaming habits.

Personal Stuff about myself:

• I'm 17 years old.
  • I love programming. I have made several games on the AppStore in collaboration with a few friends. I have also participated in a number of hackathons. 
  • I'm looking to major in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. I am currently working on college applications.
  • Dream/Target schools include Carnegie Mellon, MIT, UC Berkeley, Harvey Mudd, etc... Pretty confident on making UC Berkeley at the very least.
  • I'm a Chinese immigrant. Moved to the States four years ago. Still working on the accent.
  • I'm looking for a English or "Americanized" name. If you guys have something good please feel free to send me a message.

Fun Fact about my Username: When I was playing some random online game, I wanted to create a character called Augustus, after the Ancient Roman emperor. However, due to my ignorance and inadequate spelling skills, I named him Austragus instead. Now, I go by name just because its unique. No one will ever take it.

Some other stuff:

I just built a new PC. It has a Intel 4790k running at 4.8ghz, 16 gbs of memory, dual GTX 770s all latched onto a MSI X97 Gaming 7 Mobo in a Corsair Vengeance C70 case. I LOVE this case.

And... that's about it. Currently I'm working on re-certing my new Planetside 2 character on the Connery (US West) server. I main infiltrator, have already unlocked the Blitz and the Longshot. I'm looking forward to impress all of you guys with my sniping/infiltration skills!

Also, I'm still waiting for that flamethrower for the MAX.

Thanks for reading this! Hope I make it into this community!

Bye.

TL:DR: Typical ambitious 17 year old geek take spends too much time on Reddit and games instead of studying. Also, fk you. I spent time typing this, SO GO BACK AND READ THE SHIT.

Edit: Also, I don't spend a cent on games. I traded my TF2/Dota 2/CSGO stuff for ALL my games.

Edited by Austragus

@[member='Austragus']

This is by far the most extensive intro I have see yet. Makes my resume look weak! lol 

Welcome friend! I am one of the recruiters for the Battlefield community, so if you`re ever in the brokenfield come find me, I`ll shoot em up with ya.

I hope you get accepted as well, good luck. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with, enjoy your stay!

-Arab

No one will ever take it, you say? Time to make an Austragus in every game you haven't played before. XD

Nah, I'm not that bad. Welcome to the community! Hope to see you in-game in PS2.

@[member='Austragus']

This is by far the most extensive intro I have see yet. Makes my resume look weak! lol 

Welcome friend! I am one of the recruiters for the Battlefield community, so if you`re ever in the brokenfield come find me, I`ll shoot em up with ya.

I hope you get accepted as well, good luck. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with, enjoy your stay!

-Arab

Haha! I sure will!

I have Battlefield 3 installed, but didn't really jump into 4. Perhaps someday I will try it out!

Thanks for the kind words. I hope I make it!

Hello and welcome to the forums!.....have fun in Planetside2.........

-American Infidel

Cheers!

Thanks very much!

I see we share in the love pokemon

I have played ALOT of pokemon. However, that is nothing compared with my cousin, who plays competitively. He EV trains EVERYTHING. 

No one will ever take it, you say? Time to make an Austragus in every game you haven't played before. XD

Nah, I'm not that bad. Welcome to the community! Hope to see you in-game in PS2.

I will be very sour indeed if that happens. :P

I played with you yesterday in the evening Platoon! I don't usually speak in TS because it annoys my parents. I probably will be able to participate more in the weekends because they are less tired. :P

@[member='Austragus']

welcome to the forums...hop in team speak and teach the rest of us proper English...:)

Thanks! I too look forward to chatting with everyone on TS. I do have an "UnAmerican" accent tho. Learned English in Singapore.

Edited by Austragus