Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Dalriaden

First space walk

Finally managed to land and go out for a 0 grav jaunt.

(300i's landing gear jacked for everyone or just I?)

10507064_884892381538144_818566317754577

Err...hope I figure out how to use the controls or I may regret this:

10550087_884892281538154_617525875753012

Look maw, I can fly:

10269242_884892321538150_393274976237347

10476588_884892344871481_424739387506606

Coul you operate the gear?

The landing gear comes out automatically...I dont know if 12.5 fixed it, can give it a shot in a minute but with 12.4 the gear would come out and then your ship would bounce around until you passed out. I learned you have to come in for your landing and once the gear starts deploying spam F.

As for how the mechanics behind the space traveling in your suit work I'm not sure, didnt seem to be any "thrusters" firing bursts of co2 or anything and the first time I came to land on the large meteor I came in way to fast and bounced off. Landing gear should be fixed now, if I remember the patchnotes correctly and when I just did a round of vanduul swarm the gear was no longer hanging below the craft. Didn't make it to round 15 to see the new vanduul in person yet though. :/

Just tested to land and my ship started to bounce like crazy :/

Yeah, what I did was came in as even as possible using decoupling, once I started getting near I started spamming F, only took about 4 clicks for it to "click."

ScreenShot000832_zps2efa6580.jpg

Right now I'm using mouse and kb, I use ctrl f to lock the gambal cursor to the middle of the screen. My ghetto flag claiming it for ADK, lol. I can try to get a video with OBS to show what I did if it would help. Also I believe it's B that turns on your magnetic boots to stick to a surface. "Flight" Controls are your normal w forward space up q and e make you rotate sidewise in a 180" arc

For some reason this just started happening:

Untitled_zps3ed648b5.png

Edited by Dalriaden

Hopefully this helps out a lil, basically when you're even decoupled and descending and you want to be spamming F for it to work. Music is nsfw, and I crashed like a noob thinking I was decoupled :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqE6O42FItU&list=UUrRxmc78K3ilFs4vYPW8KZg

Now to figure out if I can record in fullscreen with obs and how to get higher the 240p -.-

Edited by Dalriaden

Hopefully this helps out a lil, basically when you're even decoupled and descending and you want to be spamming F for it to work. Music is nsfw, and I crashed like a noob thinking I was decoupled :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqE6O42FItU&list=UUrRxmc78K3ilFs4vYPW8KZg

Now to figure out if I can record in fullscreen with obs and how to get higher the 240p -.-

Nice video going to test later today again :)

@[member='Zlizz'] thanks I tried recording from the beginning but didn't realize i had to be in windowed mode for obs to capture it so had 5 minutes of nothing but a black screen lol.

@Dalriaden

Really liked the EVA vid.  Thanks, and would love to see a few more from anyone!

Cool stuff - keep letting us know what you guys find or figure out.  |B)

Edited by Dimwit

@Dalriaden

Really liked the EVA vid.  Thanks, and would love to see a few more from anyone!

Cool stuff - keep letting us know what you guys find or figure out.  |B)

May have to try landing on a meteor next :p

What I would love is to see a few f7 ghosts parked on meteors while a f7c-r lights opposition forces out, the ghosts to pop out fire their missiles and go back to hiding.

Dunno if it'll work that way but in my head I see it working like a kiowa to apache or awac to fighters symbiosis.

@[member='Silver'] @[member='Zlizz'] @[member='Dimwit'] @[member='thatirishguy0']

Trying to configure OBS dunno if my FX 6100 is going to be able to handle 720p but need to tinker around with the settings more.

For some reason after I took off my hatch, landing gear and ladder all stayed open/down which methinks wouldn't be good for space travels.

Around 3:40 is where I start trying to land on meteors. Or asteroids, whatever they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krobONrzvmw

Edited by Dalriaden

Awesome vid... made me want to update and try it myself... I could only find the platform on dying sun but managed to land (a million slow nudges later with the hornet) then a decouple (capslock) then F key to exit once landed. It seems the free suit flight is a basically go where you face deal with w key to increase speed and s key to slow.  The deck is sorta gravity bound yet the game seems to have trouble handling it I was gravitized to my head for a few loops around my hornet until the game decided to put me on my feet. Got back in my hornet, went to take off and the game freaked on me... so it needs work. Fun to try though :) thanks for letting us know this was possible !!!

@[member='Ovist'] No problem man, glad you had fun. Landing is still a little finnicky on the pad doesn't show it but once I'm coming down in decoupled mode I'm spamming F otherwise it likes to bounce, go in negative g's and have you pass out, although it does seem to be a lot better then in 12.4. Hopefully I can land and get out on some meteors, I wasn't last attempt so either the game as of now doesn't let you or it's because my game bugged out and I took off with hatch open and gear down so the whole time it was registering me as landed.

To find the landing pad I decouple and climb and drift around until I spot it haha. I would like to know how the guy managed to get into sub-orbit and give a shot at a planet landing, but so far when I go through the barrier it forces me to respawn. The free flight when dismounted is kinda weird, your suit as of now has no thrusters/stabilizers and it's pretty hard to judge your speed, first time I went to jump on a meteor I hit it going way to fast and my character bounced up and over it, no idea how he lived because it looked rather painful.