Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
HansJob

A topic for us Stephen Kingies

Oh, Stephen King books makes my insides tingle

On that creepy note, wich one or two of these magnificent books are your favorites? If you've read any.

Mine are Salem's Lot and The Mist from skeleton crew.

"IT" is my all time favorite King book, but of the 2 you listed, "The Mist" is my choice.......I met Stephen King as part of his personal security detail while he was producing the US TV mini-series, "The Shining" in our town.  Spent an entire day talking and walking around with him on the set.  That's when he signed and personalized my copy of "IT" for me.....Very interesting and funny man!

Cheers!

The dark tower series for the win! Loved the addition of characters from his other books, the storyline, and whenever he threw Roland into our time period, so funny.

"IT" is my all time favorite King book, but of the 2 you listed, "The Mist" is my choice.......I met Stephen King as part of his personal security detail while he was producing the US TV mini-series, "The Shining" in our town.  Spent an entire day talking and walking around with him on the set.  That's when he signed and personalized my copy of "IT" for me.....Very interesting and funny man!

Cheers!

Damn, that is just awesome.

IT is awesome...the mist...misery...green mile...tommy knockers...the stand...I've read just about every book he's written...IT is my most fave...one movie I actually wish they would remake with todays cgi pennywise would be one scary ass clown...

IT is awesome...the mist...misery...green mile...tommy knockers...the stand...I've read just about every book he's written...IT is my most fave...one movie I actually wish they would remake with todays cgi pennywise would be one scary ass clown...

I haven't read that many of his books yet, want to get hold of some more. Any more recommendations except for the ones you listed?

@[member='HansJob']

the Bachman books...dream catcher...pet sematary...skeleton crew...thinner...if you read some of his short stories you can tell where a couple of his books came from them...I think one of his short stories was called the walk...I believe that became the running man...and another short story, capt trips if I remember right...became the stand...I could be wrong...been so long since I've read them...

S. King is one of the few authors who hold a special place in my heart. IT was the first book of his I picked up and was instantly hooked. It well always be my favorite.

I am also s huge fan of his short story collections...Nightmares and Dreamscapes and Everything's Eventual.

Posted via the =ADK= Mobile App

I think his best single work is either The Stand or 'Salem's Lot. I can say that both are the only books that actually have elicited some kind of emotional response from me without involving someone's hunting dogs dying of old age. As far as the Dark Tower series go, I think they're one of my favorite book series ever and, like was stated before, I'm a huge fan of the addition of characters/places from his other works.

@[member='HansJob'] hope you like it, after you're done with it I stand by my recommendation of The Keep. :p

I'll make sure to look out for that. But man, can't really find alot of Stephen King books around where i live.

I'll make sure to look out for that. But man, can't really find alot of Stephen King books around where i live.

Get a kindle/ipad? Not as nice as the feel as a real book but well it is convenient.

Also the keep is F. Paul Wilson and part of a series it seems, but I haven't read any others.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Keep-Adversary-Cycle-Paul-Wilson/dp/0765327392/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407283513&sr=8-2&keywords=the+keep

Anyone wanna play The Stephen King drinking game?

It's for any of his movies/film series.

You take a DRINK if the story takes place, or the character(s) are from Maine.

If the main character is a writer.

If you see a character who's an alcoholic.

If you see a character who's an abusive dad.

Take a SHOT if you see John Travolta or Tim Curry.

If there's a character with unexplained psychic powers.

If there's an unexplained supernatural monster.

If there's a flashback.

And last of course if you see Stephen King himself, you have to finsih your drink.

I LOVED "The Dark Tower" series, it was hands down one of the best i have read. I also really enjoyed Under The Dome, Doctor Sleep, and 11/22/63. If you like conspiracy theories about JFK, and time travel...and other crazy things, 11/22/63 is a great read!

He's also written a few great short stories. my favorite short story of his would probably have to be The Black Cat. If you ever come across it, I'm sure anyone would like it. Well as long as the understand who wrote it lol.

I have been a fan of his for a very long time. Have read all his books. Also part of the Stephen King library and get his new books sent right to me.

The Dark Tower series is my favorite. They have been taking about making it a movie for a while, I hope they do.....