Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Sign in to follow this  
desdiinova

How to: TV/computer setup...

So I just got a Scepter E240BC-FHD 24" 1080p TV to use as a second monitor and, well, a TV... I'm just curious if there's a website out there or a downloadable tool perhaps that'll help you set it up for the best side-by-side quality with a monitor (my current monitor for instance). I've been sitting here for the past 2 or 3 days every hour or so picking up the remote and trying to fine tune the settings again and again to no avail :( seems as though the red on my background isn't intense enough, and the image is still a tiny bit more fuzzy than it is on my monitor. I've tried putting the sharpness to max, thinking that it would be a given, but surprisingly it's better around the 30-40 range (maxes at 50)... anyone know?

hmmm all my attempts over the years have failed (to my wife's amusement) to get decent PC to TV video quality. I gave up on it. I think you need a very high quality TV to get this to work. Any particular reason why you're trying to do this?

Well I just bought a TV because I need one, I don't have one at all aside from this one and I decided to buy an HDMI to mini HDMI so it could be a multi-purpose second monitor as well. So it's not like it's a necessity or anything, all I really use it for is when I'm fullscreen gaming and trying to keep an eye on something, or when I'm editing a video or streaming or anything of the sort I'll pop it on that monitor. But I suppose a 24" TV for $180 wouldn't qualify as high quality eh :\

It has nothing to do with setup, thats just the output quality of your tv. Remember this, a 24" monitor is about the same price and it does not have a tuner in it. Quality has to go down somewhere to justify the price ;) Edited by KiTsuNe