Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Joey

What are your thought currently on the upcoming summoner rift update?

We have been given LOADS of insights to the new summoner rift graphical upgrade, here are some of the links for any of those who missed some:
the update hub

the league of legends live stream Q/A

arguably the first hint of the upcomming update

the very first announcement of the update

The announcement of the update heading to the PBE along with the very first video footage of the map

The announcement of gameplay changes and updates

All of this is very exciting to me, I personally cannot wait to see how the new camera angle feels and the new animations on all the jungle creeps! How about you?

from what i have seen in the pictures and  dev notes i am excited alot i haven been hoping SR would get a graphical update and i think this one is gonna be a good one

lol on a sidenote i was joking with my brother and brother inlaw about this and said there gonna have to rename jungle to caver LOL

sense there making it all stone now idk i found it funny haha

from what i have seen in the pictures and  dev notes i am excited alot i haven been hoping SR would get a graphical update and i think this one is gonna be a good one

lol on a sidenote i was joking with my brother and brother inlaw about this and said there gonna have to rename jungle to caver LOL

sense there making it all stone now idk i found it funny haha

haha I get it, nice joke :P

I know what you mean by your first point, a full blown graphical update was never on my mind either but the work they are doing is gorgeous in my opinion and it makes my gamer senses tingle haha.

itw bugging me that i cant get in game. got my computer taken away 2 weeks ago lol

really? damn, well luckily you haven't missed much apart from the world cup soccer skins bundle haha.
and an OP yorick bug that got him removed for a day.

well lookis like i got my computer back, but for how long is the question. i can't wait to see the visual updates, hopefully it doesn't start glitching with the new update. :)

The visual update just hit the PBE so don't expect the graphical update to come out any time in the next few months. They said they will take their time to weed out all those bugs and try to make it work on old computers.

I think it's a really nice difference, they really did think about the colour palette in relation to the champions skills and such. It'll be nice to see it for myself and be able to finally try it out! 

I can't wait for it to come out. I think it will boost the gaming experience really well while it clarifies the gameplay itself. On the other hand I'm pretty sure it's going to attract a lot more people (even more) which I'm not sure if it's positive or not. Riot blocked my PBE account after they introduced the new PBE availability, so it's a shame that i can't see it for myself just yet. :(

There is no way they will release the update before Season 5 starts. They cannot throw a new map update in the faces of LCS players and expect them to play at the same level. Everyone will have to adjust and practically re-learn the game. Even though it is the same map, the difference in visual will throw everyone off for a few weeks. I am very excited for it though, looks amazing

I like the new animations for jun monsters but I would rather the textures go back to the more dark themes

You don't believe the textures are darker in the revamp update?

You don't believe the textures are darker in the revamp update

like around baron they are alil bit.... I guess it would be better to say that I would like it to be more realistic

I really enjoy the new jungle creeps, it will feel like a much more unique experience walking around in the jungle, rather than wondering if I've seen something like them before in a WoW area or something lol, it looks like there will be much more definition on where exactly you can flash/dash etc. over walls since they fixed the movement grid, and in some cases it may help wards be more effective if they are placed a certain way.  I'm really excited for the update!

I think its going to be sexy as hell! its some long needed updates! we even get a giant frog now! im excited for it and im hoping its not some big disappointment

Im just glad that there is going to be less of a fish bowl effect which will lessen the warping of skill shots around the edge of the screen, BUT TEEMOS GRANDFATHER IS LEAVING!!!! sad face

plus its easier to flash over walls because the walls are more defined instead of bushy.

Edited by DWhite240

Looks really good but im going to hate seeing the old one go got so used to it.

That was exactly what i said to the winter map when they removed that... the white background made it a lot easier to see moving skillshots out of the corner of your screen.

Too sad to see teemo's grandpa leaving the rift, but i guess he needs to find time to get that mighty mo trimmed.

Edited by Joey