• Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Sil3ntwarrior

World Cup 2014

I admit I'm an old fart american and don't follow soccor (YEA YEA I KNOW football for you foriegners).  Anyhow I want to follow the World Cup on the radio or something while at work - can't watch the games on ESPN. But I can't find any stations broadcasting the games live. Not even Satellite radio. Anyone know if there is a way to listen to the games in the Chicago area?

Dat Germany vs. Portugal match omg. Hilarious, so many good highlights. I enjoyed laughing at Ronaldo throughout the match.  :ph34r:

Super Marrriooooooo > Ronaldo

Oh man. But the play. That game was amazing. That was the second American game I've ever seen that actually made me feel proud that the USA qualified for the World Cup. 

Clint Dempsey is a really good player perhaps their best @[member='Zsadist'] he did phenomenal today!

No. He isn't. USA isn't star driven. It is a deeply American mentality that people think one man can carry his whole team to greatness. Ronaldo is a perfect example. Best player in the world. But with no supporting cast. Portugal is done. 

Klinnsman is the best thing that has ever happened to the American team. He has finally gotten past the American mindset that if we have a star or two we win. That mindset that people have because of other sports America focuses so heavily on. Football, Baseball, Basketball, etc. Have a star or two and you win the championship right? 

No. In the beautiful game you need a supporting cast firing on all cylinders with little to no mistakes made for 90+ minutes to be in amazing shape and able to adapt. 

Finally. The USA has a team that grasps the tenets of soccer. Finally we can be something besides the laughing stock of the soccer world. 

Edited by Zsadist

No. He isn't. USA isn't star driven. It is a deeply American mentality that people think one man can carry his whole team to greatness. Ronaldo is a perfect example. Best player in the world. But with no supporting cast. Portugal is done. 

Klinnsman is the best thing that has ever happened to the American team. He has finally gotten past the American mindset that if we have a star or two we win. That mindset that people have because of other sports America focuses so heavily on. Football, Baseball, Basketball, etc. Have a star or two and you win the championship right? 

No. In the beautiful game you need a supporting cast firing on all cylinders with little to no mistakes made for 90+ minutes to be in amazing shape and able to adapt. 

Finally. The USA has a team that grasps the tenets of soccer. Finally we can be something besides the laughing stock of the soccer world. 

@Zsadist

I didn't mean it like that lol I never meant that he carries the team and is the only good player. I was talking about that he really stood out and worked hard with his team. He's a spot on player in my opinion but without his team I agree he wouldn't be able to do shit. The whole team is actually showing that they can work together and actually score. I feel that the USA is finally recognizing futbol (soccer) for what it really is. I hope to see the U.S team next World Cup as well and not slack off.

Edited by Viper

how did I not see this topic... Americans talking about soccer :) 

I've seen the re-cap and they did very well, if all works out for you guys we will probably meet in the next round..

they should have won that game against portugal 93rd min-_- how does that happen!!!

I was at work when portugal got that second goal and pretty much the whole kitchen screamed in anger lol. @[member='caveman70'] I love soccer I just typically only watch the world cup.

i play soccer watch soccer O.o soccer is life O.o shitt lol

@[member='Viper']

So you are not going with your nationality and going for Germany hey?

If I understand it right win or lose both teams will be in the Round of 16.

Edited by LxixDude