Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
=ADK= warspite

Say hello to my little friend

[color=#ffa500][size=4][font=comic sans ms, cursive]A few days ago, I replaced my old mouse (a Logitech MX-518) with Mad Cats' RAT-7 wired gaming mouse. I have to say that I love this mouse (for gaming) and that it far surpasses any mouse I have ever used.[/font][/size][/color]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Shitty picture courtesy of my Droid Bionic[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][img]http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp127/warspite721/RAT.jpg[/img][/font][/size]

[color=#ffa500][size=4][font=comic sans ms, cursive]Not only that, the thing looks absolutely freaky (in a science project/Frankenstein kind of way), which makes me all the happier to have it.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#ffa500][size=4][font=comic sans ms, cursive]Despite its looks, it feels like it was custom-made to fit my hand. Using its many adjustments, I was able to place all the buttons I care about on the pads of my fingers, making them instantly accessible.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#ffa500][size=4][font=comic sans ms, cursive]Why is this such a big deal to me? Well, I have large hands. To wit, I used to wear the largest size flight glove the Navy had. It's not that my fingers are fat (like sausages), it's just that they're so damn long. The effect of this is that to make my hands fit my mouse, I've always had to curl my fingers to press the buttons. During long periods of gameplay, this situation got to be pretty damn uncomfortable and it made getting to any buttons other than Mouse 1 or 2 during critical moments (like a melee or a pop-up enemy) a jumpshot at best.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#ffa500][size=4][font=comic sans ms, cursive]Well, no more. Now that I have this mouse, I have nothing (or no one) to blame for my crappy skillz but me. At least it will be a little quieter around the house withthout me yelling "F-ing mouse!" all the time.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#ffa500][size=4][font=comic sans ms, cursive]As far as build quality and perfornance goes, this mouse is as solid as it gets. As far as I know, it is the only mouse that has a solid aluminum frame. This gives the mouse a substantial and solid feel that I doubt any other mouse provides. Everything about this mouse shows that it uses components of the highest quality. There is NOTHING cheesy or "plasticky" about it.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#ffa500][size=4][font=comic sans ms, cursive]I could go on and on about its features and the neat software that comes with it (making setting it up a breeze), but you can google that stuff just as well as I (I hope).[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#ffa500][size=4][font=comic sans ms, cursive]Suffice it to say that if you're looking for a solid, customizable mouse, you should give this one a shot. It's pricey ($100-ish), but considering the length of time that most of us have our mice this investment may make sense for you... it did for me.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#ffa500][size=4][font=comic sans ms, cursive]Do any of you have one of these? If so, what's your story? Granted, mice don't get lots of airtime, but maybe they should, since they occupy such a critical place in a PC Gamer's control chain.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#ffa500][size=4][font=comic sans ms, cursive]war[/font][/size][/color] Edited by =ADK= warspite

I thought this one was wireless? Or is that the R.A.T. 9? Anyway sweet looking mouse for sure. I would love to try one, but I like my g500 for now. I gotta get my moneys worth out of it before I can toss it.

The 9 is wireless, a couple of my friends have had the 7 since release, one likes it but he doesnt game much. The other is a competitive gamer and told me that some of the buttons stopped responding after the second or third month. In the end he went back to his G9x. I do like the concept of the mouse though.

[color=#ffa500][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Good comments all. I edited the post to put up a better pic. Hope my buttons keep working well. For now, all seems pretty good.[/font][/size][/color]

Here's a much better pic by my Canon EOS Rebel. The Droid Bionic's camera is a POS.
[img]http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp127/warspite721/DSCN0342.jpg[/img]

[color=#ffa500][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]war[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#ffa500][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]P.S. Hope to see y'all in the Battlefield TS channel later.[/font][/size][/color] Edited by =ADK= warspite

i have the rat 9 and i hate it, its very stubborn sometimes when im trying to move it, it even has a really ghetto rigged fix since i got the first batch from release and has a retarded sticker to help the twin lasers, i prefer my sidewinder x8, the rat 9 is just a paper weight on my desk

[color=#ffa500][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Jaxx,[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#ffa500][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Damn, that really SUCKS! I've never heard of such a thing, especially about the sticker. Very strange! I'm glad I have the wired version, and that they've been out a while, so that it seems that some of the problems that you had with the first run appear to have been fixed.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#ffa500][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]If you wrote them and told them what a POS the version you have is, it's possible they would send you a replacement.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#ffa500][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]war[/font][/size][/color]

i would but... im not thrilled with the performance of their products these days. i have the cyborg keyboard in my junk pile as well, when it works it works great but it likes to "unplug" itself from the computer, i have to unplug the usb and plug it back in sometimes multiple times b4 it will start working again

Jaxx, your issue sounds like it was a cable issue. For all of the mice that I've had it's all been cable issues, meaning the cable has gone bad due to kinking, bending, etc. . Most of the mice that I've gotten seem to have always had kinks with the way they fold the cable when they wrap it up. The most recent one I got (my 3rd one of the same mouse. . haha) looks like they finally realized that having the cable bent right at the entrance to the mouse itself isn't a good thing.

But anyways. . . cable management is a good thing, and I know keyboards normally don't get moved that much, but sometimes a little mishap can effect a cable.

Sign in to follow this