Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Pepsi

Member & Admin Meetings Have Moved!

ADK Member and Admin meetings are being changed to Mondays now at 9pm EST/6pm PST. We do ask that ALL Admins attend each week and members join every other week. If admins can not make it, we will do our best to have recordings in the member meeting notes topic for that meeting. All meetings will take place in our Teamspeak at TS.ADKGamers.com:3796 so ADK Members please join us. This translates into admins needing to be at the meetings every Monday and members asked to appear every other Monday for the general meeting that happens bi-weekly. We understand that not everyone can make these meetings which is perfectly acceptable.

The reason for weekly/bi-weekly meetings is to try to keep everyone involved in the community. We will always have chances for people to ask questions as well at the end of the meeting. For those wondering how long the meetings last, it honestly all depends on the current activities happening within the community. Meetings can last anywhere from 30 mins to a hour depending on how long the open discussion at the end of the meeting goes. Having these meetings so often it helps to keep the meetings short as since we do know that people always want to get back to gaming as soon as possible or back to what they doing at the time.

During these meetings is your chance as admins and members to voice concerns, ideas or general thoughts you have with refining, evolving or expanding ADK into new games or concepts as well as ideas to voice that can streamline ADK procedures or help ADK continue to thrive in excelling forward. This is your meeting to do as you wish with it. This is your chance to be more involved in the community, to have a voice and see how in depth the inner workings of ADK are.

We look forward to seeing more of you joining the Community so you can join us in these meetings. These meetings are put in place so everyone in the community gets a chance to voice their concerns and ideas. If you do not attend then please do not be upset if a decision on something is made you feel against. Everyone has a equal voice and vote in things and this is your chance to use that voice. You may even know a better way to handle or execute something to which is a perfect time to speak up and say something. This is your community, you drive it just as much as anyone else.

So what can you expect from member meetings?

• Meeting leader to bring up new business such as new recruits, new members, founder club members, new games and new ADK policy if something is put in place on a global level everyone needs to be aware of. ADK global direction will also be mentioned here as well.
  • Each gaming section will talk briefly on the direction their section is heading, updates in their section and new advancements in their gaming section that the general membership should be aware of.
  • Open discussion by all members with any questions or concern they may have as well as new ideas for ADK to progress further or think ADK would benefit from.
  • Meeting over and gaming section admins move to their own separate admin meetings to talk in more detail together on ideas and concepts of the direction of their gaming section. The founder and Comm Managers will be floating around to each admin meeting to check in to see if there is something important they need to be made aware of at this time.

If for any reason a meeting is canceled for the week a global PM will be sent out that day or the day before notifying everyone the meeting will be canceled and for what reason. This may be due to a holiday or other circumstance.

In summary:
Meetings are now Mondays at 9pm EST/6pm PST.
General member meeting every other week, Admins each week.

Any questions feel free to reply to this post. This also means that recruitment acceptance will also need to be changed as well accepting new members on Mondays now instead of Wednesdays. Please make a note of this Recruitment Admins.

[url=http://www.adkgamers.com/_/adknews/communityupdates/member-admin-meetings-have-moved-r603]Click here to view the article[/url]

Edited by Pepsi

This also means that recruitment acceptance will also need to be changed as well accepting new members on Mondays now instead of Wednesdays. Please make a note of this Recruitment Admins.

@[member='VinasSol']

@[member='Fuz']

@[member='reidloS doG']

@[member='AOBLXIX']

Yes I am aware this means that this wave could gain early access instead of waiting the usual week. If they have their criteria met, I say let them in. No use making them wait even more since we changed policy during their recruitment. Going to edit the recruitment page now along with other things to reflect this change in meetings.

Well, uh. Mondays 9 PM EST is basically putting a full stop from any of us guys from Europe joining. That would be around 3.00 AM on a workday.

But the meetings where moved for a reason i guess, can't do anything about it now.

Well, uh. Mondays 9 PM EST is basically putting a full stop from any of us guys from Europe joining. That would be around 3.00 AM on a workday.
But the meetings where moved for a reason i guess, can't do anything about it now.

It was on a work day before. Times aren't changing and it's just the day that is changing.

Posted via the =ADK= Andoid App | Download It In The Google Play Store |

It was on a work day before. Times aren't changing and it's just the day that is changing.

Posted via the =ADK= Andoid App | Download It In The Google Play Store |

The problem still exists.

@[member='HansJob']

Again, the meetings have been this time for years. You have been in ADK almost a month, why havent you voiced your concern till now? We also record all meetings so you can listen to what happened and reply in the meeting topic for that week if need be. 

@[member='HansJob']

Again, the meetings have been this time for years. You have been in ADK almost a month, why havent you voiced your concern till now? We also record all meetings so you can listen to what happened and reply in the meeting topic for that week if need be. 

I haven't voiced my concern about this because i haven't really been very engrossed in ADK until i recently applied for membership. It doesn't seem to be that big of an issue apparently, so i'm not going to push this or anything, that's just unecessary. The time and day seems to be the best for the majority of people here.

I just, well, feel a bit bummed about not going to be able to listen in on the meetings.

@[member='HansJob']

If we had more EU members then it would only be logical to find a middle ground in it all but until our EU side grows we have no choice but to favor the majority. Listen to the meeting recordings, your not missing anything that isnt found on the forums.

@[member='HansJob']

If we had more EU members then it would only be logical to find a middle ground in it all but until our EU side grows we have no choice but to favor the majority. Listen to the meeting recordings, your not missing anything that isnt found on the forums.

Alright, thankyou.

Is there a lead admin or something like that in the EU?  Being that =ADK= is international maybe it would be a good idea to have a meeting that is led by an EU rep that can take what is going on in the US and inform the EU users.  Then the US lead an the EU leads can discuss the issues going forward and bring up the others concers at the general meeting.  Just a wondering as this could then let the EU have their say as well.

Is there a lead admin or something like that in the EU?  Being that =ADK= is international maybe it would be a good idea to have a meeting that is led by an EU rep that can take what is going on in the US and inform the EU users.  Then the US lead an the EU leads can discuss the issues going forward and bring up the others concers at the general meeting.  Just a wondering as this could then let the EU have their say as well.

Well we do have some folks for the EU portion BUT it's a matter of finding a time that works for me as well, because it wouldn't be fair to the EU folks to not have me at that meeting but the US folks can have me at their meeting.  

@[member='AOBLXIX'] True but at least they would be having meetings if you could find a time to attend maybe the first of these meetings and then let the EU moderator take the reigns from there it could work.  With my little time being here I may not fully understand the structure of the group so I am just throwing things out that may help.  If there was a @[member='Pepsi'] type person in the UK we can call him Coke for now....  He would be able to take on some of the duty's of day to day activties on the EU side thus making you the head and a US and UK representatives that would report to you for how the meetings go and bringing up topics that could then be gone over by you to make the decisions on how to proceed.  That also gives the EU a voice that can give direction and may help build the =ADK= name there as well as they would be even more involved in the day to day running of the group.  Please feel free to edit as necessary or just tell me to shut it if it is out of line.  Just want to see if there is way to make your job a little easier while still being able to maintain the standards that you have set forth and grow in a newish market.

GK>CHEF