Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Silver

Size Comparison for Star Citizen Ships, with Charts & Graphics!

* Warning *

* Extremely Large Images *

* Please use Keyboard Arrows *

* to Navigate Images, if Expanded *

7b54fd9ceb.png

a08cbe107d.jpg

ffcc53ffaa.jpg

fa4dd9d302.jpg

cc5fd7f0ca.jpg

6046e93063.jpg

0737fd21ae.jpg

Image 1
sebman. (02-24-2015). Ship Dimensions Overview [RSI Post]. http://goo.gl/0m38am
Images 2-5
Zulu. (02-23-2015). SHIP SIZE COMPARISON / SHIP SCALE (3.0) [RSI Post]. Retrieved from http://goo.gl/dACRdn
Image 6
loadingx86. (Febuary 2014). Ultimate Star Citizen ship size comparison chart v2.....[Reddit Post]. Retrieved from http://www.reddit.com/tb/1ymyys

That cannon on the Kingship is intense!

Here's another good size comparison for some of the smaller ships:

49cmiWD.jpg

Edited by JeffCraig

The starfarer will be a fun ship, I think.

And as a tanker/refueler, it'll be important for fleet operations!

I'm still waiting for more concept art for the Starfarer... we still haven't seen the layout for the interior at all! I'd also like to see how much cargo it can carry when you replace the fuel tanks with big cargo boxes. It's close to the same size as the Banu Merchantman, so it should be able to haul around 4000 or 5000 freight units.

That's insane... I've bought the 325a for myself and my g/f. Got an Avenger for my old man too.  I can't believe that Kingship is a Kilometer and a half long.  Quick! GET TO THE FORWARD GUNS!!!  *ten minutes later* lol   "FORWARD GUNS READY!"

Rail Guns

What would you do if you had the biggest gun in the galaxy? BAT offers the opportunity to answer that question in the form of their massive 130mm “Ship Buster” rail gun system. The most powerful single-charge rail gun in known space, a hit from a Ship Buster is capable of smashing a destroyer as though it were a tin can.A single Ship Buster forms the keel mount of the Bengal carrier, while a series of the weapons forms the fighting power of the Retribution-class. These rail guns use the same technologies as standard fighter-based mass drivers, on a massive scale once thought impossible to achieve. Series of thousands and thousands of charged electromagnets generate the power needed to throw the 130mm slugs.

Carrier_small.jpg

Can't wait to see one of these bad boys in action.  |B)

Edited by SiIver

Not a size comparison chart but interesting nonetheless. Found searching other things. Not sure how they figured these calculations but it is still something to check out for you information vacuums like myself. =)

Relative+Manuverability_1383455543.png

Come to find out these graph charts are about 8 months old. Even if they were new they would be subject to change many times over before release i'm sure. But they are still cool to look at. =)

Edited by SiIver

Seems to me somone who had a hankering to redo them could... but you would probably finish right before they re-jiggered that whole damn shooting match again... <_<

Imma let you guys finish gawking. Then imma show you that CCP did it first.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/S0O3Xl6a4wc[/youtube]

:p

trolling aside. The hulls look pretty cool. I might try this if it actually becomes a real game. 

The DFM is out.  Its very good as a .08 version.  We have been gawking at it and playing it on three machines here since about 4 am this morning... Holy cannoli... Loads of fun, so would have to say, if it was interesting before, let me simply say its initial game modue meets expectations (which were very high) and in some areas is so far beyond them I can't explain it in words.   

Bring your best hardware, and I would have to say, probably a joystick.  While the uninspired rig will run this FAR better than we were led to believe, the upper level machines make this even in single player pretty intense... WOW>  ~Dim / CaptainObvious

Edited by Dimwit

Hmmm, I'll take 3 of each vessel, please, preferrably without a thousands of dollars bill. :D

I have a thing for presentation of scale in a game so I'm really excited to fly up close to those monsters and just enjoy the view.

Hopefully they figure out the instances in a way that will allow you to do that, as there is currently some oconflicts in the way these have been conceptualized in theory. 

Still, for the meantime, the possibility of being alongside some enormous hulk in your little flying-coffin is a pretty cool thing to imagine!  

Hopefully they figure out the instances in a way that will allow you to do that, as there is currently some oconflicts in the way these have been conceptualized in theory.

Still, for the meantime, the possibility of being alongside some enormous hulk in your little flying-coffin is a pretty cool thing to imagine!

As an eve player. I've sat next to titans in my frigate. It is awesome. I hope SC delivers

Posted via the =ADK= Mobile App

I have no doubt SC will blow away any other space game out there with ease. No offence intended to the players of other space or non space games but it will be ground breaking in every way. I think that's pretty clear to everyone that have pledged and backed this project. Just in the dog fighting module alone being a raw alpha module it proves this. I am excited to see the reveal of the First-Person Shooter module at Gamescom 2014 August 13-17 in Germany! A bunch of good things to come. =)

Edited by SiIver

This image is one of my favorites. Here are the links for the image below.

Image URL: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/171/0/1/size_comparison___science_fiction_spaceships_by_dirkloechel-d6lfgdf.jpg

Page URL: http://dirkloechel.deviantart.com/art/Size-Comparison-Science-Fiction-Spaceships-398790051

size_comparison___science_fiction_spaces

Edited by DowntownRiots

Somehow the carrier firing a 130mm slug seems anticlimatic considering its size and its the same round the m1954 artillery piece fired:

M-46_M1954_130mm_towed_field_artillery_g

Somehow the carrier firing a 130mm slug seems anticlimatic considering its size and its the same round the m1954 artillery piece fired:

M-46_M1954_130mm_towed_field_artillery_g

LOL. True, but it is set in the future, and as of now firing an unknown composite 100+ times further and more than 10 times the speed of sound thru space.  It is also a carrier, so it doesn't need the true assault power of a destroyer, it has a 100 fighters/bombers to do its dirty work.  Though I wouldn't mind mounting what looks like the artillery piece from Fort Carson on my Hornet or Connie.

Nice charts; A debate can be made that people who claim "CPP came up with the idea before RSI," should also know that CPP destroyed it. It isnt worth getting those ships in EVE unless you want people to hunt you. I could be wrong because I havent played EVE in a while.

EDIT: Then again; Everyone have their own opinion.

Edited by nitewalkr

LOL. True, but it is set in the future, and as of now firing an unknown composite 100+ times further and more than 10 times the speed of sound thru space.  It is also a carrier, so it doesn't need the true assault power of a destroyer, it has a 100 fighters/bombers to do its dirty work.  Though I wouldn't mind mounting what looks like the artillery piece from Fort Carson on my Hornet or Connie.

Yeah, but we already have the Navy making a railgun that fires at mach 7:

railgun.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun#U.S._Military_tests

On January 31, 2008 the US Navy tested a railgun that fired a shell at 10.64 MJ with a muzzle velocity of 2,520 m/s (8,270 ft/s).[30] Its expected performance is a muzzle velocity over 5,800 m/s (19,000 ft/s), accurate enough to hit a 5-metre (16 ft) target over 200 nmi (370 km) away while firing at 10 shots per minute.

One would think 900 years in the future the technology would be stronger while getting smaller. :p