Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Pepsi

ADK ReVision - Your New ADK Website Theme

I will keep this short and sweet. The new theme is now live for everyone to use and enjoy. It has been a struggle to finish this for you guys in light of the recent attacks to ADK but you have to push through it and dont let it effect your goal. Hopefully we can all take a page from this and just not let everything bother our daily routine of gaming with one another, making friends, having some laughs and still being the kick-ass community of brothers and sisters that we are.

The theme has been trimmed down, modernized and made more global with no game at the forefront but still having those little touches to remind you that we are indeed a gaming community. I will touch over a few key things that was done and the rest you can stumble upon on your own.

Social Media:

This is now set to float on the left hand side for ease of use for people to find our social networking quickly without having the normal buttons you see on most pages. Simply hover your mouse over and click. It really is simple as that.

Roster:

In the main menu click on the roster and a drop down will appear. You then can see all the active departments that make up ADK. You click on a department and you will instantly see who is leading or part of what department. This goes by your main group. If you are someone that is part of many departments then you need to decide what one is your primary focus and ask Vinas or Nova to change that group to your primary. If you feel you need to be listed on all your groups then simply put, quit being a asshat trying to show off. Your work in the site and the game will get that known, not some labeling system. The roster was set up this way for new members and visitors to find who they need to contact fast. It doesn't get any fast then that honesty.

Visual Appeal:

We are still using the same theme we were using before except it has been highly customized. I did not want to go to another theme totally because you all are used to how things have been working and laid out for the last year. Instead I completely rewrote a lot of the back end html and php calls and redoing almost all the theme graphics to make it more modern, clean and sleek. Hope this outcome worked and feedback has been awesome for those who helped beta test it this week.

Upgrades:

I will be doing various tweaks here and there and adding a few more things that I am still working on but it wont be anything that breaks the site in its function or daily operations. When I do add something I will simply reply to this post saying so if its a big addition or simply let you find it on your own. 

That should be it. Enjoy the new theme guys into 2014 and hope you all approve of the new look and layout.

Hope this sets us apart from what normal clans and community trends are and breaks us from the pack. Any issues with it please leave a reply here.

Enjoy!

well done @[member='Pepsi'] but i dont think that was short ;) you were right though, i am amazed with the design! i am surprised how you used those bullets haha, i was completely wrong.

Edited by Joey

well done @[member='Pepsi'] but i dont think that was short ;) you were right though, i am amazed with the design! i am surprised how you used those bullets haha, i was completely wrong.

Trust me that was short. I could have gone into a ton more detail but I think its more fun for people to see the things as they travel around or find things on their own.

Everyone:

To everyone who has replied so far there is no need to thank me. You guys are all awesome and you deserve to have something awesome to call home. When your in your game and you want to recruit someone least you know they will be coming to a site that stands out from the pack. If someone is talking smack about ADK you can go to their site and rest assured that they are just mad cause they live in a ghetto while you live on your own island miles from anyone in a big ass house :)

As anyone knows I will only put as much effort into something I feel it deserves and you guys, all you I call brothers and sisters is what made me keep working through the attacks, losing time, progress and so forth. Dont thank me, thank yourselves. You all gave the motivation to do it. If not I would have slapped a new background on the old site and called it a day like I was originally asked to do. <33

Trust me that was short. I could have gone into a ton more detail but I think its more fun for people to see the things as they travel around or find things on their own.

Everyone:

To everyone who has replied so far there is no need to thank me. You guys are all awesome and you deserve to have something awesome to call home. When your in your game and you want to recruit someone least you know they will be coming to a site that stands out from the pack. If someone is talking smack about ADK you can go to their site and rest assured that they are just mad cause they live in a ghetto while you live on your own island miles from anyone in a big ass house :)

As anyone knows I will only put as much effort into something I feel it deserves and you guys, all you I call brothers and sisters is what made me keep working through the attacks, losing time, progress and so forth. Dont thank me, thank yourselves. You all gave the motivation to do it. If not I would have slapped a new background on the old site and called it a day like I was originally asked to do. <33

Pepsi, I got a few things I want to talk to you about the site though from a designers point of view. Hopefully i can catch you on teamspeak or sometime to talk about it :)

So someone sent me a PM with a screenshot saying the site was broken near the main menu. After looking at it I realized it was cause they had AdBlock installed and AdBlock was not only breaking the ad like it should but it was also breaking the CSS and DIV container that is part of that ad. Solution? I had to do this. 

5308151d88ae5accbac5b54039864235.png

I only did this one and I feel that one is enough to not only fix the problem with the theme breaking by the menu but also get a nice point across we talk about in meetings. I also did not want a ton of tacky images all over begging people to disable ads cause it makes us look depraved. I can not stress enough that the ads on ADK are not pop-ups, create noise or music ect ect. I would bitch to all hell if they were by my own developer standards. I use AdBlock just like most of us, everyone does but we are not a spamming site trying to force things upon you, taking surveys or playing videos. 

The only reason this was not caught during development was that for the past year I have disabled AdBlock for ADK to help in that regard and didn't think twice about checking the site blocking things cause I trust my community and wish to help it in whatever way I can. I hope this does not piss off people and they understand why this was done. 

@[member='AOBLXIX']

@[member='Novaura']

@[member='VinasSol']

Need to know this was done.

Side Note:

I did remove the "Adblock detected / not detected" where your PM's and notifications are. No use repeating the same thing over and over. Point is made, no need to spam it.

FunFact:

If you are web savy and your using NoScript then you will be breaking more things then just ads so good luck to you. <3

@[member='Pepsi']

yeah, can't miss big red X box...

ADK is handing out big red Xboxes? GIVE ME ONE! I'm no console gamer so i'll probably end up selling it but who cares! :D

Edited by Joey

Love the look. I still plan on visiting restaurants and yelling "Frag out!" or "Medic!".

[attachment=3287:Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif]

[attachment=3288:fyesni4.gif]

[attachment=3289:damme300.gif]

So new and more diverse themes every year? I wonder if we'd all notice the ever slowly-creeping dark background color every year. I think it'll be something to look at in the future. Any small references on this year's theme pepsi?