Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
djslayer57

metal band

Not bad but still a huge Metallica fan myself.

I checked out the deceiver of the gods video on Utube and i like the tunes just not a huge fan of the guys screaming.

Check out the band "Down"  i think you might like them. I met them backstage at a Black Sabbath concert.

i think metallica takes the prize for best metal band because of there talent and success but there are a bunch of metal bands that are really good but stuck in the void where a lot of artists are, so arent getting any recognition. Go to your local metal bar/club they're usually their performing, show them support.

Come a little late with comments but i needed to say this.

Even though metallica had some nice interpretations(from a technical point of view), and like any band has it fans, it actually mostly made covers and/or stole other songs.

And i as a hard style listener among other music genres, coming from genres like pagan black metal, grindcore, deathcore, nu metal... and after those genres you listen metallica you feel like it has nothing with rock main genre and mainly because they play ballads, but that's just my feeling, everyone enjoys something else, that's the beauty of humans, diversity...

Anyhow i prefer more of the original songs that metallica sung, and think that metallica ruined them.

Big old stars where dio, ozzy, they had something unique and special... metallica as a cover band, didn't, not even some unique voice like ozzy on black sabbath.

So if we're talking about oldies, black sabbath should win the prize of best band or at least one of the best bands, a single best doesn't exist.

For newer bands a little i would say, otep, strapping young lad, lux occulta, beherit, baxaxaxa, trans siberian orchestra, morgul, diablo swing orchestra, even tenacious d with jack black and tons more...

Cheers!

Edited by suckahell

Metallica are the reason a lot of metal/rock bands are around today. Listening to interviews from various bands and their members they list their idols as Metallica and the reason they are into the metal/rock scene today.

I love Metallica, however I didn't know much about them before 1999 when I first heard Slipknot who are now my single favourite band, after disvovering The Knot I found myself looking for more bands, Korn, Slayer, Pantera and then Metallica. 

I love bands like Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Bullet For My Valentine, Disturbed, Funeral For A Friend and Judas Priest also. 

Before metal and rock I listened too anything and everything that was in the charts, now tho, nothing in the charts is any good.....it's all auto tuned pretty boys and girls with no uniqueness at all.

Kill'em All to . . . And Justice for All was prime Metallica. I love Metallica. They were the first metal band I ever listened to.  But there are a lot of flavors of metal out there. If it wasn't for some of Metallica's covers I would have never found The Misfits, Anti-Nowhere League, Motorhead, etc. . . Most of the bands I listen to now are bands like Dozer, Ckutch, Vader, All That Remains, Emperor, Destroy Destroy Destroy, Sylosis, Strapping Young Lad, The Sword, Amon Amarth, Iced Earth,. the list goes on.

Huge Emperor fan here. Wearing my Nightside shirt atm actually.

I've seen Amon Amarth twice, they put on a good show but I wish they would put on a little more effort into their songwriting. Wish they could all be as good as Asator.

Haha Baby metal! I'll admit i have a bit of a soft side for some of their songs.

Don't shoot me down but I been listening to a bit of Metalcore lately or to be more precise in love with "Dead by April" atm such an amazing band!

Any metal fans sceptical about metalcore should give this band a listen "Losing you" is a amazing song

Reveille

One of my favorites :) Not well known.

One of the songs I chuckle at cause inside joke with the cousin is  W.A.S.P

Pantera, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Metallica pre Black album, Type O Negative (I know gothish) I seen all of these guys in concert and I worked at 3 of them as security.