Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
FeatherSton3

Do you watch a movie twice?!?!

Okay guys, so title isn't the full question I wanted to ask, as it would be too long, so here it is:

- Do you ever watch a movie twice?

- If so, why do you watch it when you know EXACTLY what's going to happen.

Just thought about this recently because my brother probably has around 500+ movies, and it confuses me. 

If you buy the movie on Blu-Ray, do you spend $25 to watch it once, or do you watch it multiple times?! 

I generally try not to watch movies multiple times for that reason. Knowing the beginning, middle and end kinda ruins it. I will watch disney movies multiple times because I like the soundtracks, but that's about it.  

Some of the movies you just got to watch more than once to understand. 

Movies like Predestination and The Prestige. Those movies is too confusing the first time and are awesome the second time. 

other than that the 3 first transformer movies are some of the movies i can watch multiple times 

Some movies I watch many times. Other movies I watched once and wish I hadnt. I wont purchase a movie unless I have already watched it and find it to be a movie I want to watch again. I watch different movies for different reasons. Knowing how it ends is part of the reason I rewatch some.

I watch movies twice. And then again. And then about ten more times.
I don't see why the concept is so strange. I've probably seen all the Pixar movies a dozen times each at least, Nemo and Mulan triple that. If I watch a movie in the theater that I think is really good, I'll watch it again. There are always new little details to see.
I hang out with kids with downs and autism a lot, and they have the tendancy to watch the same scene in a movie over and over and over and over...... I just never saw it as something odd.

Yes there is , Harry Potter movies I'm watching it every day, it's amazing movies for Harry Potter, I like the story and amazing movie strike, we I'll watch it every day for the rest of my life :D

when your a parent there is no such thing is just twice, ive watched shows 100+ times, to the point to where i can lip word for word what is going to be said.

Some movies you pretty much have to watch twice - WatchMojo made a video showcasing some of them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u550YOIfT0

@[member='Crash'] excellence find. Donnie Darko is ridiculously deep. The only movies I've ever watched twice (or more) and still fully enjoyed are Ghostbusters and The Matrix.

I own at least 1k movies, and do i watch them more then once. Of course.......you ask why, well i love movies, and not only that but think of it this way....

Do you play a video game more then once (arcade game)
Do you eat the same foods
Do you go somewhere a second time (say like an amusement park - even though nothing has changed)

And so on.... you do it because you get enjoyment out of it.

Of all the movies i own i have watched all of them at least 2-3 times each and some 10-20 times.

Posted via the =ADK= Mobile App

I can pretty much Quote any Movie I've watched because ive watched them the so many times. 

Watched Lilo and Stitch the other day, My mother went this isn't Lilo and stitch, And i Responded, Absolutely it is, he hasn't stole the Police Cruiser Yet, He has to take the Red One!

I've seen Avatar(the blue people) multiple times.

Maybe around 10 times.

The main reason I keep watching it is because it is simply good.

The story plot is excellent.

The graphics are amazing(I have it on blue-ray)

I also have the extended time on it so the full movie is 3hrs+

ok on your first question

Do you ever watch a movie twice?

yes i watch them twice and even more - avatar from james cameron - watched 12 times in 2 weeks

if it was yes second question

If so, why do you watch it when you know EXACTLY what's going to happen.

to tell the truth for a movie knowing what should happen is just an intresting part. ok i have watched between 4-5thousand movies. t tell the truth. i don't watch anymore to movies but i go search for every wrong doing in the video. like for example there are 34 items in the movie of sherlock holmes that are standing constanlty on an other place or are not from that time rate. same with titanic. the flashlamp they use didn't exist in that year. all things that need to be updated but never will. its fun to see errors or anything else in movies( i would say it creates a look for detail in movies i think.)

I have recently watched Jurassic World twice, mainly because of friends and family wanting to see it with me on separate occasions. I've watched multiple movies multiple times such as Inception because to watch a movie twice allows you to catch some details that you didn't the first time around.

If I like the movie, I'll [b]definitely[/b] watch it more than once.  Even if you know what's going to happen, the second time around you spend less time thinking about it, and more time picking out the various things you may have missed the first go-round.  Things like background action, subtle plot points that lead to a climax in the movie you missed because you didn't know they were important to the overall movie at the first time, etc.  I do the same for TV shows.  I've seen LOST (the entire series) a total of four times now, and I catch something new each time.  Hell, I've seen Interstellar twice in one week and still saw something I missed earlier that week.  I should mention that Interstellar is one of my favorite movies :)

Some movies are good to watch more than once.

Other movies aren't very good and hate watching them.

Fast & Furious movies i will gladly watch numerous times only because i grew up with them and they are so good.

Need For Speed is also a movie i will watch more than once because it's similar to Fast & Furious.

Would still rather watch Fast & Furious than watch Need For Speed though, May just be because there is more going on in Fast & Furious movies.

As a Tarantino fan you have to watch some of his movies twice to get everything. Lets take a well known movie like Pulp Fiction for example. [spoiler]In the intro scene when the couple start the stickup in the diner you can actually hear Jules and Vincent talking in the background.[/spoiler] There is key things that you might notice that were never there until you know they're supposed to be, such as by watching a second time.

I love to watch great and good movies multiple times. I freaking love movies, and I love watching movies. No matter if I have already seen it 10 times, if I am in the mood, I can watch it completely excited. Like Lord of the Rings trilogy or Star Wars. Those I watch every time I am home sick. The weird thing about me is that I have watched sooooo many movies while going to bed that I CAN NOT go to bed without putting a movie/video/music on to go to bed. It's something a lot of people find very weird, because they need a quiet atmosphere around them to sleep while me on the other hand, I love having sound to put me to sleep. I own only just under 100 movies, because I only bought my favorites, so I can watch them while going to bed. So I don't have to keep my laptop running all night.

Anyone else have to use a movie/music/tv to go to bed? and if so what kind of movies do you like? Whats your favorite movie of all time?  

Yes I watch movies more than twice if they are good. Why? Usually because they are moving in some way. Like Independence Day with Will Smith the speech the president does was a moving speech so I watch it for that and its kind of a funny movie.

When Gladiator came out I watched that movie on a loop (VCR) for 2months straight. Why? well i worked swing shift and was single would come home watch where it was then fall asleep on couch wake up and watch more then go to work come home do it all over again. I wont watch Russell Crow in any other movie because it would ruin the image. Lol I know sad it is =)

I mean personally ill watch one more then once if its good enough same with TV shows, but i mean theres also for when girls come over and movie nights with the girl ETC or if you forget after awhile.

Personally I feel there are some movies that cannot be watched more than once..
One of those movies for me would be "Bucketlist" It's just a one timer. But I feel like action packed movies have a good shelf life in terms of replay ability.

Due to the fact that you're entertaining your eyes with action instead of filling your brain with a story line.

But I feel similar to you, I do not purchase movies. especially in this day an age, sure when I was a kid I had plenty of disney movies etc, VHR was abused like a boss when there was nothing on channels 3, 4, 5. lol 

But I've come to appreciate people who purchase movies, there are a handful of friends of mine who're avid video collectors and I've never had such a blast before to go and scan through a series of movies to find which i'd like to watch/borrow.

Something that throws me off in this day and age is the lack of exploration. And people tend to fall into little pits of habbit, thus where bingewatching netflix and adventure laziness came to be.
You used to go to a movie store without a clue in the world what to watch, and start looking at hundreds/thousands of options.

But I feel like now you need to know what you want to watch to look it up, Everything relies on keywords.

Have you ever had something on your mind that you've tried to find/lookup/watch etc, and sat staring at google trying 3,000 combinations of combined keywords? in hopes to find something to remind you of something you had once watched etc?

I feel like physical copies, and options in front of us make things alot more entertaining than searching "Action" online, or "Comedy"

Have you noticed that netflix selects a series of options based on your preferences? and have you ever sat on your netflix page scrolling to the end and back of all your suggestions, before coming to the conclusion you have no interest? well those 100 movies isn't all netflix has. 
That's simply what it is showing you.. So where are the rest?... more difficult to find, and most don't take that much time or effort to find things they "May not" be interested in. 

Lol sorry for the terrible grammar, and blowing this way beyond what it should've been.

lol I can watch the same movies a 10000 times and never get tired of it.  Like Nightmare on Elm St... Seen every single one at least 30//40 times each and can still watch them again.. idk why but i llove my horror films :)

i would say depending on the type , like for example Drama and plot twist can only be seen once ,since there isn't really anything else,

however Comedy and romance , now i can see those 100 times and i would laugh/feel it everytime , cuz its not about the story but how the actors do it

Action , oh well i dont even go there :p 

Okay guys, so title isn't the full question I wanted to ask, as it would be too long, so here it is:

Just thought about this recently because my brother probably has around 500+ movies, and it confuses me. 

If you buy the movie on Blu-Ray, do you spend $25 to watch it once, or do you watch it multiple times?! 

I re-watch movies all the time, not just random movies. the ones that made a impact on my life. like made my day or something. I always re-watch those will Ferrell movies like

- step brother <3

- Ricky Bobby <3

- anchor man 1&2

- the campaign etc etc.

i don think its weird to re-watch movies. i think of it like this...you spend money on the dvd right? I hope, well your getting more of your monies worth out of it. like the videos i put above totally got the monies worth out of them. like around 100 hrs+ all to gather tho.

I can watch Lord of the Rings like 20 times more, and I've already watched them like another 20... The thing is that if you like something, even though you know what's going to happen, you go and watch it the same...

I've watched several movie multiple times for various reason. Shawsank Redemption, Fried Green Tomatoes, The Green Mile are just great movies that I always will sit and watch if I run across it on the tv. Other movies like I'll watch for the laughs or the great classic one liners.

- Yes, yes I do - just not Schindler's list, I would break down on the floor crying all the time. I watched resident evil  a lot as well as Aliens vs Predator or just Predator movies as well as Saving Private Ryan.

- Because I like getting refreshed. I tried to watch this French movie called Hors de prix twice, but I couldn't because I rarely watch romantic movies, so it quickly flopped for me.

- Watch it ones - I rarely buy a movie nowadays - I have Netflix.