Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• AOBLXIX

Battlefield F.A.Q. [Please Read]   04/18/2016

After multiple questions coming up that were about the same topic we have decided to create a little F.A.Q regarding some of the most talked about topics. Please make sure you read EVERY question and answer. First thing's first, please use the search feature before you ask a question because it might have been answered already: CLICK HERE TO USE THE SEARCH FEATURE Q. I've been banned what do I do? A. Visit the "Ban Info" menu at the top of the page and click that appropriate link that relates to your ban. Then make sure you fill out the form properly after reading the guidelines to submitting a ban dispute Q. What do I do if someone is hacking? A. If you are in game you can report said individual using @report 'playername' REASON HERE If that doesn't help you, you can always submit a ban request by visiting the "Ban Info" menu at the top of the page and clicking the appropriate link Q. Can I submit a request for a new server, or a smaller special server? A. Sure but to put it bluntly most requests have been made already so rather than making a request that has already been made you should visit THIS LINK. That link talks about how we can go about getting more servers and what needs to be done to get those. Q. Well why don't you change some of the servers that you have now to those special servers? A. Because we have those servers as they are what stay full and are the easiest to keep populated. Just because 5 people like something doesn't mean that it's a smart option to keep a server that those 5 people think is a good server. Q. Why don't you change the ticket counts? A. Ok this is where you need to start realizing that the admins at ADK have been running servers for well over a combined 20 years if not more. We promise we're not going to do something that won't work and if we do happen to do that we have our admins making sure that we try to provide the best servers possible for as many people as possible. We love suggestions but when the suggestions are made that make us seem like we don't know what the heck we are doing that's when it's a little overboard. Again just because you and your buddies like something doesn't mean it's a great idea for a large gaming community as the server won't stay populated and pay for itself. We do want to start bringing more of those to the community, but please refer to the answer of the 3rd questions where a link was posted regarding different servers and how to make it happen. But to answer this question some, on certain servers like our BF3 TDM, it is meant to be a quick round server where you have a match that ends quickly. Some people don't want to play a round that goes on for 30 minutes, and a lot of people have enjoyed it. And again our admins do look at servers and how they are doing, but don't forget just because a few people want something doesn't mean everyone wants it. Q. How come I can't use explosives in a no explosives server but everybody else can? A. In actuality those individuals aren't supposed to either, but they are choosing to break the rules We are humans and unfortunately we aren't perfect to catch everyone. But our admins do the best that they can to be perfect and we have our auto admin in place for no explosives, but it comes down to rules are rules. If you choose to break them and you get in trouble, that is your fault and there is nobody else to blame. You can make reports and if admins aren't in the server they will go over them to see those who break the rules often and will deal with them. Just because an admin isn't in the server doesn't mean that we aren't looking at the reports. Q. Why don't you have servers that have multiple expansion maps on them? A. Because they are quite difficult to maintain unless you have people willing to be in the servers and make sure they are populated day in and day out. Please refer again to the link in the answer of the third question as this relates to that. If we have people who are going to make sure that these servers will indeed stay populated then possibly but so far we haven't been able to get that. In the past we've done B2K which a lot of people were begging for an it went nowhere. Q. There's someone cursing and using racist remarks in the server, why haven't they been banned? A. Because the reality of it is nobody will ever be happy, these are not remarks that you will see any admin using but we aren't going to police everybody and what they say. What one person might find offensive, the other person might not. So if we remove a few words then we'll need to remove all words that people find offensive. Now if the individual is spamming constantly and/or just being a troll about it you can always submit a ban request and let us know what was happening. Admins will then look over it to see what action needs to be taken. Q. Why don't you kick people who have a high ping? A. In reality high ping doesn't cause as many problems as a lot of people think. Admins have been talked to about how to handle something that is absurd but they will not kick someone with a 150 ping because people are complaining about them. We have members from all over the world and we're not going to limit what servers they play on. Someone's high ping to a server does not cause a server to lag. If the server is lagging it'll be everyone noticing it. BUT if there are only a few individuals who are complaining about lag, it's more than likely an issue with their connection to the server. The best thing to do would be do a tracert to the server, but most people don't want to believe that they might have an issue on their end or somewhere between their house and the server. And the reality is that there could be an issue that someone is seeing. There are plenty of posts about ping in the servers so feel free to do a search to look them up. Q. Why don't you just disable weapons that you can't use in the no explosive server? A. Don't you think we would have done that if it was possible? :) Q. Why can't I dispute a ban after 2 months? A. If people cared so much to play on our servers after a perma ban, they would come and dispute within the first 2 months. We feel 2 months is more than enough time to dispute a perma ban. Q. Why don't you have anything besides 64 slot servers? A. Again refer to the link in the answer to question number three. But long story short, it's not easy to keep small number servers populated as often as possible when we have as many servers as we do. Due to the fact that you could lose 15 people at a time in one game, there goes half the population of the server which could indeed empty the server. So if it's wanted we need people willing to put in the time and effort to do such and to make it so that there is always a queue for the servers. Q. Why does it seem like you guys get frustrated when people ask certain questions? A. Seriously though, it's because they are normally questions that have been answered multiple times and most of the time it appears that the question wasn't thought about in the manner of "Hey I wonder if anybody else has posted about this." Unlike Battlelog where things normally get hidden and admins don't respond, we do see pretty much 99% of everything that is posted without it getting lost because of the fact that we have admins for each particular section of the community. And those admins do make sure that we respond to topics where someone might have a question. So with that last question being answerd, please just take 10 seconds to browse the forums and search to see if your topic has been discussed before you go and make a post. If it's not too old or hasn't been answered feel free to leave your input but a lot of the same questions are coming up over and over. Ping, ping, ping, why can't I use explosives, ping, ping, can we have more servers, why can't we have these maps, why do you only have like 200 tickets on the TDM server, 64 players is a lot of people to have on a server, where are the expansion maps, why is this person using curse words and racist remarks and hasn't been banned yet. As always we do appreciate and ask for suggestions but most of the questions that we see over and over have been answered and could be answered for you by making a search on the forums. Thank you for your support of the community and as always we will continue to provide the best possible gaming experience on our servers for as many people in the world.
Surdawi

Metro Bipod Glitching: This topic is on going

every once in a while someone takes advantage of this "glitch" (hate using that term), causing an unpleasant view of the game, server, and even ADK management. Its frustrating to know that this is allowed in metro, and there is no punishment for this. I was so frustrated that i recorded some of it. (had way more got deleted :dry: ) check it out. In one round he killed me about 15-0.  :mellow:  

VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G40n1KbuKOE&feature=youtu.be

This is from a recent thread: By ColColonCleaner

Enough! This is getting out of hand. Vilefaith is correct, that is how the mechanic works. 

We handle bipod glitching with warning, kill, kick, then ban. And the criteria for it are as follows:

1. Watch them reload. If after the reload animation is complete their gun does a large re-align it's a red flag. For those uninformed: When reloading a bipodded weapon, your weapon rotates to point straight forward in front of your body, and after the reload is complete it automatically returns to whatever angle you had it at before pressing reload. This rotation can be up to about 45 degrees, so the more drastic the motion, the more they are embedded in the wall.
  2. Due to the way character models are aligned, the gun can be completely inside what they are hiding behind, for an LMG this usually means their hands and the gun's ammo box are inside the wall in front of them.
  3. Watch for sparks or bullet impact on the wall in front of them. Your computer thinks they are shooting the wall 2 inches in front of their face (since that's where the gun is on everyone else's screen), but they are actually shooting around the corner and the bullets are going down range.

End of story. Topic locked

:mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :o  :dry:

Please just hear me out on this one. Give the admins some type of power to maybe give players who do this a warning, tell them hey ppl are complaining...could you not do that. see how that works. My view of it is that everyone that comes to BF4 is there to have fun. If a large group of ppl (almost the entire server and many ADk members, including an admin or two) are complaining then maybe something ought to be done. Thats all I ask. :ph34r2:  :lol:  :lol:  :D   :lol:  :lol:  :ph34r2:

the thing i see with metro is it isnt like lockers at all lockers you have outside lane and under/above c which when both are successfully closed down the team doing it gains the upperhand.
with metro however you have 3 flanks 3 different ways to push through and back cap

bopod glitching on both can be equally crap but on metro it isnt nearly as big a big deal

Edited by codeinekiller

Ok, so last night was bad with the biotching in metro over this "Eugoo" guy glitching behind the flag at B. there are many other spots but I have not got them on shadow play yet. From this angle it is impossible to kill this guy. You have to charge the lockers to get the angle on him, but it still doesn't address the "him being able to kill me when I can't kill him" side of bipod "Glitching". I want to try and be as factual as I can, I understand my video doesn't show what he can see but I would like to get in an empty server with someone and try to duplicate this. Like the way that lockers has a method of taking care of this problem Metro deserves the same rules. Yes metro has a flanking route on the left and the right but they are littered with "Glitch" spots at every snaking corner like on the ramp when you turn left going down to the subway. So the majority of the time Metro stagnates at the stairs and ramp and it becomes a sniper/bipodfest. I will try and get into an empty server and duplicate some of the glitch areas when I get some time. 

http://youtu.be/hi7cOMVQv24

Update he's been on the server for a few hours now and consistently doing the glitch. People are complaining, but no admins on right now. *Sigh* He just went 35-6

Well I'm flattered to get my own thread here. Here's my take on the issue from the defendant. 

The majority of complainers seem to come from the "pushers" (aka those that repeatedly run straight into my line of fire).

You're doing something wrong if you get killed at the same spot by the same player over and over... 

There's only one of me and I can't cover every possible route on the map. 

So instead of "feeding me", why not push from a different side? 

Or better yet, learn to counter my play style. I know if I get repeatedly killed by mortars, I'm busting out a MAV. if I'm getting sniped, I'll suit up my recon kit for a duel. It's not my fault if players don't want to switch class/kits... 

Lastly, for an infantry map like metro, the battle should be centred on the "B" objective. 

To achieve that goal, you require a balance of aggressive (assault/medics) and defensive (recon/support) players on both teams. 

And before anyone suggests my W:L wins matches; it doesn't. However, my defensive style prevents base rape by picking off flankers (sometimes). Afterall, I don't want to !surrender every time my team gets cornered at our last flag/base. 

Just my $0.02. 

PS: I'm not sure if all the admins are aware of the "bipod glitch" because I got *kill'd twice by a very 'jelly' admin for being "in a wall" while laying prone under the elevators... Hint hint... 

Edited by Eugoo

Well I'm flattered to get my own thread here. Here's my take on the issue from the defendant. 

The majority of complainers seem to come from the "pushers" (aka those that repeatedly run straight into my line of fire).

You're doing something wrong if you get killed at the same spot by the same player over and over... 

There's only one of me and I can't cover every possible route on the map. 

So instead of "feeding me", why not push from a different side? 

Or better yet, learn to counter my play style. I know if I get repeatedly killed by mortars, I'm busting out a MAV. if I'm getting sniped, I'll suit up my recon kit for a duel. It's not my fault if players don't want to switch class/kits... 

Lastly, for an infantry map like metro, the battle should be centred on the "B" objective. 

To achieve that goal, you require a balance of aggressive (assault/medics) and defensive (recon/support) players on both teams. 

And before anyone suggests my W:L wins matches; it doesn't. However, my defensive style prevents base rape by picking off flankers (sometimes). Afterall, I don't want to !surrender every time my team gets cornered at our last flag/base. 

Just my $0.02. 

PS: I'm not sure if all the admins are aware of the "bipod glitch" because I got *kill'd twice by a very 'jelly' admin for being "in a wall" while laying prone under the elevators... Hint hint... 

so you continued to do something knowingly that no one could kill you from the spot unless they flanked you?the reason its a issue is because when someone is infront of you you basically have god mode thats why now unless they have nades which in NO EXPLOSIVEs they dont so you basically just admitted to taking advanted of a unfair bug

Your play style is called camping, and you're exploiting a design flaw and we call that bipod glitching. The normal counter to your "play style" would be to shove some rockets up your butt, how ever that's not a viable option in a no explosives server. The only option left would be to flank you but there's no flanking routes because you are "glitching" them "picking off the flankers". So now you're exploiting two factors, one a design flaw, two the fact that no one can get you cause they can't use explosives. I saw you go 38-0 last night. And all you did was lay on your stomach. You're causing a disturbance on the server and action will eventually be taken against what you are doing because you and others abuse it. This is why Jelly killed you. If I didn't have to leave to go populate after my numerous requests for you to stop I would have killed you then kicked you. But you didn't stop so Jelly killed you. Not for Bipod glitching but for griefing the server.

"A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways.[1] A griefer derives pleasure primarily or exclusively from the act of annoying other users, and as such is a particular nuisance in online gaming communities, since griefers often cannot be deterred by penalties related to in-game goals.[2]"

This is a daily occurrence with not just you but others as well. It seems to me more of a problem specifically on metro. Players are pissed, I have people coming on to team speak asking me and other admins to please take action and do something about it.

I have a few things:

I played several times against and with him. Most of the time I was getting more kills and half the time a better kd yet no one complained against me. He never was even mvp. So is the problem the amount of kills, his kd, or the fact that he's not helping his team as much as he could? I know I'm being a little facetious.

Also you guys realize the can of worms you open by banning bipod glitching? Also a part of the time I watched him lay straight right next to B flag and he was was being called a bipod glitcher.

Do I think bipod glitching should be banned.... Idk but I'm open to discuss it at this week's meetings.

This 100%, I can think of a "under C tower" kind of rule for metro.

The issue I have with it is that you have two spots on the wall behind B. You have several inside lockers. You have several spots around back stairs. You have more spots in the ramp and side door.

Etc etc.

So many spots to be monitored

The issue I have with it is that you have two spots on the wall behind B. You have several inside lockers. You have several spots around back stairs. You have more spots in the ramp and side door.

Etc etc.

So many spots to be monitored

The only thing that jumps out at me is that ramp.

I would say deliberate glitching should follow the same rules as the lockers version (ask to move, kill if ignored, kick if further ignored), no matter on which map generally (well, on the NoEx ones I suppose, on full explosives, I don't care as a rocket'll teach ya!). Indeed generally speaking there are routes to flank, but it's becoming more and more of a problem, so in the interest of server harmony I'd like to see it just gotten rid of.

By deliberate glitching, I don't mean the occasional person who happens to be doing it. Perhaps they don't realize. But a person who can be observed multiple times performing the same action clearly knows that they're doing it and is trying for an advantage. Or, heck, perhaps they DON'T realize they are, so doing the ask/kill/kick would teach them what they're doing and get them to stop.

Thing is, i dont understand why dice still havent fixed this bipod glitching. It works by aligning your LMG to re-poistion your body away from sight in different perspective. Dice need to fix by just stop the deploy re-positioning body...

I think the bipod glitching should be banned in metro. 

I dont think this is too complicated. I you are exploiting a glitch and can't be killed, you are potentially depopulating a server.

Thats the nitty gritty of it. We should ban this guy who so blatantly does not care, and focus on the majority of the players who

come to have a good time.

When I get repeatedly killed by a glitcher, I just leave and go to another server ( Pre ADK days of course... )

Ban this guy, make an example out of him and let's continue on a case by case until a firm decision has been made?

Thanks

Thing is, i dont understand why dice still havent fixed this bipod glitching. It works by aligning your LMG to re-poistion your body away from sight in different perspective. Dice need to fix by just stop the deploy re-positioning body...

I think the bipod glitching should be banned in metro.

The issue is actually that your gun has no collision on it I believe. Next time you are in game walk up to a wall while ads. Your gun goes into the wall. Now since your gun goes into the wall when you bipod next to a corner your gun doesn't stop you from rotating when it hits the wall.

so you continued to do something knowingly that no one could kill you from the spot unless they flanked you?the reason its a issue is because when someone is infront of you you basically have god mode thats why now unless they have nades which in NO EXPLOSIVEs they dont so you basically just admitted to taking advanted of a unfair bug

Your play style is called camping, and you're exploiting a design flaw and we call that bipod glitching. The normal counter to your "play style" would be to shove some rockets up your butt, how ever that's not a viable option in a no explosives server. The only option left would be to flank you but there's no flanking routes because you are "glitching" them "picking off the flankers". So now you're exploiting two factors, one a design flaw, two the fact that no one can get you cause they can't use explosives. I saw you go 38-0 last night. And all you did was lay on your stomach. You're causing a disturbance on the server and action will eventually be taken against what you are doing because you and others abuse it. This is why Jelly killed you. If I didn't have to leave to go populate after my numerous requests for you to stop I would have killed you then kicked you. But you didn't stop so Jelly killed you. Not for Bipod glitching but for griefing the server.

"A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways.[1] A griefer derives pleasure primarily or exclusively from the act of annoying other users, and as such is a particular nuisance in online gaming communities, since griefers often cannot be deterred by penalties related to in-game goals.[2]"

This is a daily occurrence with not just you but others as well. It seems to me more of a problem specifically on metro. Players are pissed, I have people coming on to team speak asking me and other admins to please take action and do something about it.

Yes, I admit I'm a camper. And that's fine because most LMG players with bipods are campers. 

However, by your logic, you can say the same about all the recons that "camp" the ticket booth/trains and "pick off the flankers" as soon as they pop their head up the escalator/stairs. And it's near impossible to flank them because they're at the rear of the team, whereas I'm in the front. 

And it seems like a couple of people are taking things a little too personal. I treat all the players with respect, I ignore all the nasty names being thrown at me in-game. And in return, I get banned for 'excessive bipod glitching' in metro when it's not against the rules (yet). Ironic. 

Just playing the devil's advocate here. I'm not trying to convince you all to agree with me. Afterall, it's your server and you guys and gals set the rules. Until next time... 

Edited by Eugoo

I was in some games with this guy. Here is my take on all of it...

It's a design flaw in a game with multiple flaws. It's the unintended result of situations in a specific fashion. Once it can be intentionally replicated and done in order to gain an unfair advantage over all or a group of players, it is now an exploit. Using an exploit is no different than cheating.

This is ADK's sandbox. It's their rules. Play by them, or go home.

The rules for the no explosives servers need to state "No hitting your G key, no explosives, just shoot your gun, and don't play like a jerk". And based around that simple list it gives the admins tons of ability to use their discretion to control the players. Your Admins are fair. You need more, but they're fair.

If I knew I was intentionally doing it, and got killed and warned, I wouldn't do it again. Some will. Then you ban them. I would also suggest watching said player for a while before swinging your judgement stick. And as soon as you get a "I didn't know I was doing it...", but you watched them pull it off successfully a handful of times, then you know they're a liar and a jerk.

When the Admins are on, it's one of the absolute most enjoyable servers on the internet. Just shy of the "No Snipers, No DMR's" server I found but can't find again lol. THAT one was peaceful lol.

Yes, I admit I'm a camper. And that's fine because most LMG players with bipods are campers. 

However, by your logic, you can say the same about all the recons that "camp" the ticket booth/trains and "pick off the flankers" as soon as they pop their head up the escalator/stairs. And it's near impossible to flank them because they're at the rear of the team, whereas I'm in the front. 

And it seems like a couple of people are taking things a little too personal. I treat all the players with respect, I ignore all the nasty names being thrown at me in-game. And in return, I get banned for 'excessive bipod glitching' in metro when it's not against the rules (yet). Ironic. 

Just playing the devil's advocate here. I'm not trying to convince you all to agree with me. Afterall, it's your server and you guys and gals set the rules. Until next time... 

So the thing I want to point out is that you realize the hate coming towards you in chat. people became fed up. They don't like being killed over and over and have a tiny chance of ever killing you back, no matter how good of a player they are. You were banned for a while for excessive bipod glitching but believe me it wasn't a quick press of a button this issue went all the way to the top command and deliberated it there. We encourage you to come back when you're ready and play among us without exploiting a flaw in the game. As for your comment on the snipers, that takes skill and they are very vulnerable complete opposite of this. Good Luck and thanks for visiting our site to dispute this.

I think I have to agree with most here.  The intentional act of bipod glitching probably should be dealt with.  From the perspective of the "victim" the bipod glitcher looks like they are shooting through the wall or other solid fixed item.  As for the "camping", that is called defending.  I myself don't recall ever bipod glitching, although I have been accused of it (if crouched and bipoded up behind the sand bags can be called glitching :) ).  I think the greatest frustration is knowing you have taken aim and yet, the individual glitching can't be hit and the likely hood of getting past the rest of the op force to flank is slim.  I hope this helps some.  :)

I think Pinkylube said it best. 

It's more simple than arguing whether he does/doesn't have the right to play the way he does. Its the fact that it is causing a lot of frustrated/upset players to spam the admins and/or leave the servers. That ends up being bad for the server in general, and should be prevented.

I would hope Eugoo would understand that being on the receiving end of a bipod glitch is one of the most frustrating things to experience, especially in Metro where your options for pushing forward is very limited.

So many whiners! First off, let's do a realilty check. BF4 is my favorite GAME. it's a game. It's filled with so many General Custers, Rambo's and others who delve deep into the fantasy it becomes real. I've been caught up in this myself.

If anyone has not been in the Military of any Country then when you do you will thank whatever god you pray to if you're lugging a .308 machine gun or one of a similar make up. Yes, you're the most exposed person in the area, and in real war you have no spawn, so get over it.

Snipers have a chance to stand off and blow my head off just after I've fought my way past 3 of my own teamates to try and shoot someone. I've seen their bullets go through walls (like in wall hack) but no one seems to get as excited as the "bipod glitch."

I know one thing for sure. I can get away blastling people coming up the stairs for awhile but sooner or later one team will either hold Bravo or the shotgun monsters come, ruin my day and they're off to the A flag. I try and tell eveyone in my squad not to leave, because everyone wants to get the guy and is one really left to wonder why we lost Bravo?

Like ants everyone starts coming up the escalators the ramp the ladder and we all cry because we lost Bravo.

Bipods serve a great purpose in real life and in BF4, but to use them to deliberately take advantage of a "glitch" is not worth ruining one's reputation with the regular players.

Conversley though that doesn't mean that everyone that uses bipods are "glitching" just as everyone who snipes is not wall hacking.

At the end of the day if something like a game ruins your life, there's other issues you need to deal with. Wait long enough if you want the real thing and you will find it. It will be uglier beyond your worst nightmare, and I'm still dealing with it 47 years later. I marvel at the ones who use tactics and are good without cheating. Frontal attacks went out with the Civil War but General Zhukov showed Eisenhower how he cleared mines with Infantry troops so he couldl get his tanks through an area.

In real war snipers will camp in a sweet spot. In the war I was in the place was filled with booby traps left over from WWII and sometimes it would take all day to move down a small trail laced with tripwires.  I like the fact that this Metro Server isn't filled with them, but if it was, just deal with it. Don't anyone of you get angry at people  who throw grenades or smoke when the rules clearly state it's against the rules? To do that deliberately is something to get mad at, and I hope more people will get called out on it, along with any kind of glitching.

We all should smile that we can walk away from a game when it's time to do so.

{FP}Satcong69

"Fight like hell, go down swinging and die in place."

Edited by Steven