Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Dmine243

Advice on a new mouse?

Hello ADK,

I'm in the market for a new gaming mouse. My old one, (Logitech M310) has served me well but I have found that it is time to upgrade. But before I go out and buy one, I thought I'd ask you guys what you'd recommend for my needs.

I'm not looking for anything fancy: A good gaming mouse that responds accurately, performs consistently day in and day out, and has extra buttons that I can use in games.

My budget is up to $60. (If something's really worth the extra money, I'm willing to go up to $100 but I'd prefer not to.)

Some mice that have attracted my eye:

Anker gaming mouse (never heard of this company before, but the reviews look good): http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Programmable-Buttons-Cartridges-Switches/dp/B00AAQRNQ8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1396228679&sr=8-4&keywords=gaming+mouse

Razer DeathAdder Ergonomic PC Gaming Mouse: http://www.amazon.com/Razer-DeathAdder-Ergonomic-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00AAS888S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396226002&sr=8-1&keywords=deathadder

Any help will be greatly appreciated. See you in-game ADK!

@[member='Dmine243'] I'm slightly new to gaming on a computer, but I haven't been satisfied with a wired mouse. I really wish they made some of the gaming ones wireless, but not yet I guess. I really like the Logitech Anywhere MX. It performs very smoothly, and like the name says, you can use it anywhere. It doesn't need a mouse pad to work, any ol' surface will do.

It even has a couple extra buttons on it. (I think back and forward for web surfing) It's anywhere from $40-60 but well worth it. The best wireless mouse I've used to date.

I would not usually recommend merely by just looks, part of a gaming mouse is personal preference, the dimensions of your hand and your playstyle. One person may say the mouse is amazingly comfortable on a review while the other may say it absolutely sucks. That is because of those subtle differences in their preference.

As much as possible, go to a local computer store and hold a mouse that they have on display and take a look at how you hold it. Check for ergonomics, do you "grip" the mouse? palm it? or claw it? It may help you decide on the design of the mouse that you may end up liking more than just basing it by looks/reviews.

Just for your personal preference, I strongly prefer mice that were similarly designed to the microsoft intellimouse. Very ergonomic. so I picked the Razer Taipan. $65 on newegg but it has a good balanced weight and customize-able DPI settings. 

I think you should get the roccat kova, its a awesome mouse i use it now for 2years + and it still works great

Edited by Dayrak

Also, my buddy has this mouse and says it's awesome. G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse

Here's a link to Logitech gaming mice

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-gb/gaming-mice

@[member='Invictabellum'] I just recently saw the G602 mouse and I have to say... Logitech has done it again. Most of my gaming gear is Logitech stuff (headset, mouse, keyboard, controller). I am very much considering the G602 but before I do anything I will look into the others mentioned here.

For fps games I highly recommend the deathadder with 4g sensor. It's something I've used for a very long time and many of my favorite pros live by it. It's also helpful in league of legends and dota with the two side buttons, but in fps games they can be set to smokes, flashbangs or frags depending on your play style and game of course.

All about feel and features you want. I have used many mice over the years and I like Logitech mainly for feel. MS has a good mouse too but expansive. 

I personally look for something that is plug and play in which a driver may be installed for best performance but no other software. Keep your system lean and clean!

Honestly love the Death Adder,

you want something so responsive you feel as if it surpasses realtime (lol)? This is it.

Amazing ergonomic design that fits many needs, many mouse hand styles can fit with this, and even right down to the click is super sensitive but don't let that fool you, it's perfect how it is. Not a large clicking sound either but enough to know you've hit it, and it lights up nicely giving your gaming rig a nice extra touch of light.

I think you will not regret your choice one bit going with Razor!

Used in my setup here (to the far right without mousepad)

[Spoiler]

10z4rk2.png

[/spoiler]

And that's another thing, look into Razor mousepads if you want something truly comfortable, responsive and remarkable. Honestly not coming off a Razor bandwaggon, cause I take into consideration all products with a non biased view and have used many mouse pads, but undeniably love Razor mouse pads (and mice of course).

Edited by Hilcry/Jolly

I was planning to buy a death adder to match my death stalker keyboard, but my fiancé bought me this as a surprise
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E88G054/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1408799843&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40
I'm so glad she did, it's fantastic for the price. Feels solid, on the fly dpi switching, nice long braided cable. Only complaint is it's blue and doesn't match my green keyboard lol

I love love love love my razer naga! I am on my secound one and I just cant see using any mouse  at all.  Its got 12 buttons on the side of the mouse for your thumb, and these can be mapped to any thing in games or applications and make hot keys litterally right at your thumb!

Further more the razer software saves your settings in the "cloud"  so you never loose them no matter what pc you sue the mouse on.. and sense I have like 25 various program's hotkeys mapped to my mouse it would suck to have to go and remap all of them all over.

does anyone know of any good wireless mice for gaming, all the good ones i see are wired?

Generally the good ones are wired because they are more reliable. If you want a wireless mouse, you have to face the fact that it could at any moment drop connection to its adapter. Now i myself, if i was to get a wireless mouse, it would probably be the Razer mumba because its both wired and wireless (detachable cord). I also appreciate razer mice because they fit well with my hand size. 

my friends also use the Cyborg Mad Catz R.A.T.9 and the steelseries sensei. Though I've never been one for cyborg or steelseries mice, they are just too uncomfortable in my hand. If you ask me, go to all the gaming places you can, get a taste of how they feel and choose from there because a comfortable mouse in your hand is most of the battle.

Edited by Joey

I have heard really good things about the logitech g series for egular fps; although the good ones may be out of your price range.

That makes the Deathadder the best choice for FPS games, but for a lot of  MMO's i use/and I love the Utechcity MMO mouse. It has an adjustable weight and DPI and a ton of buttons as well as a thumb rest for when you are not using all of the buttons.

Made switch from deathadder to the new zowie fk1 recently. It looks like ill be sticking to this mouse for quite a long time. Plus you dont have to use that shitty razer software :)

Edited by 0nly1Fear

I would recommend the Apex series raw mouse if your looking for a good gaming quality mouse with not a lot of button clutter , it has four extra buttons besides the standard three a nice firmware and settings interface on your computer and its really easy to adjust the mouse dpi and polling rate witch i would recommend at 1000Hz for best performance. i have had mine now for two years and have loved it . the led light the lights up the mouse can be turned off or set to strobe you can also set the brightness. its only 40 bucks to! great deal

Edited by ElbertFrost

Super super old post! But I have to boast about my Roccat KONE Pure Optical mouse. It's perfect for my small hands and has a great shape to palm it, if that's what you like to do, or you can claw it which works great as well! 

I'm rocking the Corsair M90 vengeance, its really comfortable, lights up, and you can program it really well. It also has the greatest mouse wheel of all time. Its really heavy which in my opinion is a good thing. It's got a braided cable and really high dpi if you set it to that.

Some of the side buttons feel kinda clunky until you get used to them/break them in, and if you have small hands you will have to adjust your grip so your thumb can reach.

Alot of people have issues with the firmware not working right on arrival, but you can always read RAMGUY's posts on the corsair website and its super easy to fix if you follow the instructions perfectly.

This mouse was worth the 65$ I snagged for it and I'd pay another 65$ for it again if this one breaks.