Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
DWhite240

enhance computer gaming fps

what do you think is more important, just buying better cpu or focusing on ram, if i am looking for a better fps as apposed to just the quality of a the game

Depends on your system as a whole and what games your trying to maximize your fps.

Post your system specs and what games your looking to get better frames. Don't forget your monitor specs too.

@[member='DWhite240']

As [member='Bromance'] said post your specs and give us a list of the games that you play as some games rely more on CPU than GPU, and vice versa.

i mainly have trouble running games like rust and dayz, league of legends and other mobas and rift and other mmo's run fine, its just thos bigger first person shooter or rpg games.

and my specs are:

• OS
    Windows 7 Home Premium
  • Mobo
    Hewlett-Packard 1802
  • Processor
    Intel Core i7 CPU 2.00 GHz
  • Graphics
    Intel HD Graphics Family
  • PSU
    Microsoft Composite Battery
  • RAM
    Not sure what TYPE, but 6.00 GB of it
  • Audio
    Intel Display audio
  • Monitor
    Generic PnP Moniter
  • Case
    HP Notebook PC (its a laptop)
  • Peripherals
    Logitech Mouse, Integrated Standard PS/2 Keyboard
  • Speed Test

i was too lazy to write them out, so i copied and pasted them from my profile

i mainly have trouble running games like rust and dayz, league of legends and other mobas and rift and other mmo's run fine, its just thos bigger first person shooter or rpg games.

and my specs are:

• OS
    Windows 7 Home Premium
  • Mobo
    Hewlett-Packard 1802
  • Processor
    Intel Core i7 CPU 2.00 GHz
  • Graphics
    Intel HD Graphics Family
  • PSU
    Microsoft Composite Battery
  • RAM
    Not sure what TYPE, but 6.00 GB of it
  • Audio
    Intel Display audio
  • Monitor
    Generic PnP Moniter
  • Case
    HP Notebook PC (its a laptop)
  • Peripherals
    Logitech Mouse, Integrated Standard PS/2 Keyboard
  • Speed Test

i was too lazy to write them out, so i copied and pasted them from my profile

Well from this I can see that you are using the graphics that are built in onto the CPU, this is your biggest bottleneck. Considering it is a laptop I don't know if you will be able to upgrade the graphics. 

Yup, that graphics card may cause the problem for you. There are dedicated gaming laptops out there that have better graphics card but that means you have to switch laptops altogether now.

Honestly in my opinion, at this point, You're better off saving money to buy a desktop for FPS/ other gaming if it comes down to that. If you are worried about portability, there are gaming mini-itx motherboards which can be built that are perfect for LAN parties or if you are pressed for space.

Yup, that graphics card may cause the problem for you. There are dedicated gaming laptops out there that have better graphics card but that means you have to switch laptops altogether now.

Honestly in my opinion, at this point, You're better off saving money to buy a desktop for FPS/ other gaming if it comes down to that. If you are worried about portability, there are gaming mini-itx motherboards which can be built that are perfect for LAN parties or if you are pressed for space.

@[member='DWhite240'] I have to disagree...unless you can find a desktop solution that gives you the same specs as the Lenovo Y510p. I love this machine, and it's right around the right price. $1000 on newegg

@[member='Invictabellum']

For the games mentioned you can buy a prebuilt (ibuypower etc) for less than a $1000 easy with monitor etc. A laptop is great but your upgradability is almost 0.

AMD would be a great budget build for the games mentioned. You may not be able to build your own w/warranty for less.

@[member='DWhite240'] I have to disagree...unless you can find a desktop solution that gives you the same specs as the Lenovo Y510p. I love this machine, and it's right around the right price. $1000 on newegg

How about this?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor - $189
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master GeminII M4 58.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler - $35
Motherboard MSI Z87I AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard $138
Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk $120
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card $170
Case: Silverstone SG07B-USB3.0 (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case w/600W Power Supply $160
Optical Drive: LG GT80N DVD/CD Writer $27
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) $97

he can even cut a bit on the motherboard since CPU overclocking isn't necessary. 
A much more powerful CPU & he's also getting a dedicated SSD, not a hybrid. A better graphics card too.

Now, granted this is just a bit shy over $1000 if the sales expire, add another $100 for a non-120hz monitor. Still, for the value you are getting, I think this is a much better dedicated gaming PC.

And remember, this is mini-ITX gaming, Micro ATX or ATX gaming might even be slightly cheaper and you are only sacrificing a bit of portability.
Edited by IIGodHanzoII

I say go ahead and build yourself a nice, cheap, gaming desktop that is comparable to an Xbox one or a PS4.

Heck, this build BEATS the Xbox One AND the PS4 in terms of power and pricing.

• AMD FX 6300 Black Edition six-core processor at 3.5ghz (3.9ghz boost)- 109.99$ at Microcenter.
  • ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS mATX motherboard- FREE when bundled with the CPU! At Microcenter.

(You can find the bundle at the bottom of the page here.)

• Kingston HyperX 8gb DDR3-1866 RAM- 69.99$ at Newegg.
  • Toshiba 1TB 7,200RPM HDD- 49.99$ at Microcenter.
  • XFX Radeon HD 7770 Core edition- 104.99$ at Microcenter.
  • Thermaltake 600w PSU- 49.99$ at Microcenter, also.
  • LG x24 DVD SATA drive- 15.99 at Microcenter.
  • ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless network adapter- 33.99$ at Newegg.
  • Thermaltake ATX mid-tower case- 39.99$ at Newegg.
  • Windows 7 Home Premium- 15$ for a CD key (if installed from someone else's disc.)

So, the grand total for all of these parts is 489.92$, Excluding taxes and shipping. With those, I would say it would hover around 500$ or so.

So really, it's like buying a brand new Xbox One, with more power for your buck as well. There's multiple guides online that will allow you to optimize your rig to game on without bootlegging performance due to some unnecessary processes the computer will carry out in the background. That way, it will operate just like a console when you play.

Happy gaming!

Edited by MiniMunny