Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Dalriaden

Yeland Lee arrested

@[member='Muhrder']. Ok I concede, I'm done. You guys have both beaten me and I give. While I don't necessarily agree with your stances and you opinion of me, but hey I've made plenty enemies in my lifetime what's two more, you presented them much better than I did, I let my emotions get a hold of me and it shows in my posts. I'm sorry for the way that I acted, and I hope that you will forgive me. I feel like we got off on the wrong foot, I hope to see you both in later posts where we can have a debate when I'm not so emotional.

Apology accepted. 

@[member='DestinedToFlail'] Just because a person is apart of a military branch does not mean he has class, might I bring up the case of Abu Gharib, might I bring up the countless instances in the Vietnam war.  I know plenty of military personal that have no class, and are simply apart of the military to "shoot shit up, and kill some sand ninjas."

It's funny you want to bring up military atrocities without pointing out its usually members that work with the individual every day have trained fought and shared blood with them and in the end has to report them for doing something fucked up. Hell I have a former squad leader that shot two deaf iraqi kids and guess what? It was his subordinates who went back and reported him for it because they had integrity and decency.

How many sexual assaults do you think happen and go unreported despite being known about by fraternity members? Wheres the integrity there? You say many military personnal have no class because they want to "shoot shit up, and kill some sand ninjas" but thats more then likely the answer because some college kid whom thinks he's entitled "to the same fairness for college" would not understand the real answers.

Rhetorical question but let me ask it, where was the fairness you have in making your parents go all winter without heat to pay $182 for your tuition, when my  dad who was a gulf war veteran and recieved a bronze star for being the first person to ever lead the recovery of a downed helicopter from behind enemy lines, was working night shift building john deere tractors so he could pay for his masters degree? Where was the fairness when he was getting off work and driving an hour to school, doing his masters program, coming home and playing with us kids before getting 2-3 hours sleep and going back to work?

Oh wait that's a work ethic and drive. You're worried about college debt? Guess what, go sign up with those classless military personnel and they will pay your debt and you will learn things far more important then fairness, that ultimately isn't fairness but a copout and looking for a handout.

Life is tough for everyone, but its all the kids who think someone else should help them and pay for something else that is going to be a part of ruining this country.

As for obamacare please tell me it where it shows in the constitution we have to have it?

Wait here's a better one, show me where in the constitution it says a bill generating revenue can be passed in the senate then handed down to congress?

All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

Article I, Section 7, Clause 1

You can read more about it here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-f-will-the-next-affordable-care-act-challenge/2014/05/02/c0150da8-d159-11e3-a6b1-45c4dffb85a6_story.html

I get it, your personal situation sucks, but guess what you're 18 years or older so the situation and life is now what you make of it. There are options for you to get college debt paid off without burdening your family but you seem to have nothing but disdain for those. My dad sure as hell didn't get out of the army to work at cracker barrel as a waiter and then a john deere lawnmower assemblyline but he did what he had to, to take of his family, Without making excuses or complaining about how hard life was, or that it was unfair and someone else should hold his hand and pay his way.

Hell a lot of the reason you even have to have a college degree these days is because of policies like obamacare, Obama's out of control EPA passing dust limits on farms, and even more retardation that our out of control government gets away with.

The pervasive sense of entitlement in the younger generation (And I'm not even old, I'm 30 in July) can be easily seen in any gaming companies forum, or in game chat.

You say your parents went without heat all winter for paying $182 in tuition, so why weren't you out offering to clean leaves out of the neighbors gutters, selling some movies you own on ebay, doing something to help out? Believe me I know all about money being tight but at the same time I know when to prioritize fun over necessities.

It's like a former guild leader of mine in world of warcraft would talk about how all he and his brothers had to eat was ramen....as he spent $45 a month playing world of warcraft, buying vanity mounts and armor, and buying who knows what else. Wasn't exactly a priority but was easier to bitch about food then to do what was required to eat real food then give up world of warcraft and spend a month playing something free to play.

@[member='Dalriaden'] ugh....you really want to bring me back into this don't you? Ok...uhhmm...I was not intending to desirespect the bond grown in the military, I know how important bonds are while not as "important" in you eyes the bonds created in Marching Band are some of the greatest I've ever made. The reason I brought up the military autrocities was to discredit Destined to Flail's comment he's in the military he has class .

The problem I had was that I had no clue that my parents were going without heat for the Winter, apparently they didn't feel the need to tell me because they didn't want to distract me from college. Yeah I know they love me that much and I'm an entitled liberal brat.

Now yes I'm lazy when it comes to this, but I don't want to get a job during classes, yes I'm lazy, I think that that can easily take over from my studies and reflect on my grades. It's physically impossible to hold a job during first semester because on Marching Band, the amount of time we have to put into that damn one credit class that doesn't even count for our art credit is obscene, but I continue to do it because I love it and the people.

Right now I'm working on getting a job for the summer, I am both helping my mother at the bar, and applying at the country market, where some high school friends have told me they will get in.

Yes I know there are ways to pay of my debt, as I stated earlier Obama has created a program to forgive all debt created in a student's undergrad who enters the health services field, or was it the human services feild, once they apply and are accepted to grad school.

I'm sorry, but your unconditional hatred of Obama is not the reason it is necessary to attend college. The need to attend college has been occurring long before Obama came into office. One of the many reasons is deportation of Jobs, causing many jobs that the middle class used to hold to move to china, and illegal immigrants taking jobs that others would take.

There I think that's all your questions, can I leave and forget about this embarrassment or do you have more for me?

@[member='Phreaktaco'] mmm Just a couple of things, the actions of individuals over a 60 year period doesnt discredit the whole. Democrats aren't judged on being the founding members of the KKK but they were. Democrats aren't judged for being slave owners, but they were. Democrats aren't judged for passing seperate but equal, or for disarming blacks to make it easier for their kkk to lynch them, but they did all of these. Sounds like a classy bunch to me.

And theres nothing wrong with marching band and if you make life long friends then its every bit as important.

If you want to do health care then the vast majority of hospitals out there will pay for you to go to college while working there as a pca/whatever the nursing assistant is without you passing it off on the growing American debt. Furthermore I don't have an unconditional hate of Obama, I'm a realist, fairly smart, and have an abnormally large amount of common sense, Obama disgusts me for everything he is doing is the complete opposite of what he should be.

And don't feel embarrassed the key to debates is having fun and staying away from personnel attacks.

Oh and guess what, the military pays for college and has marching bands :P

and last but not least here's a random fairy tale gif for you:

large.gif

now I need to find a good anime series to watch x_x

@[member='Dalriaden'] I think people are reading to much into my comment about military atrocities to discredit a person.  I'm not saying it was just the military or that no one else is responsible of something like it, it was just a way of building a case to show that just because a person is a part of a certain group doesn't mean he is as amazing as everyone else in that group.

I'm more or so looking towards social work, but that could change when I take this organizational psych class next spring, I've got a weird paranoia of hospitals mainly because they're the first hit in the instance of a zombie apocalypse, and I hate needles that's a big reason to.  

Yeah I know you need to stay away from personal attacks, that's why I want to forget about this topic, not....my most proud moment.

Oh god is that Juvia? Probably got something to do with Gray, I need to get back into that series.

@[member='Muhrder']@[member='Phreaktaco']@[member='Dalriaden']

I had no idea this conversation was continuing in such a volatile form.

a_455_20140506161846.jpg

hccostsbyage.png

There is no cherry picking to be had here.  These are hard facts, and statistics that ring true regardless of party lines.  We have near zero preventative healthcare, we (students) are paying for our college debt, and we are the richest country in the world that allows its impoverished to exist at terrifying rates.

Students do work less than full time workers, about 2 hours less.

chart1.jpg

But the student population almost always works less in terms of man hours because they simply are not being paid to do what they do.  This usually results in the high college dropout rate that forces many of us to adopt the current lifestyle of working retarded hours  But we we are learning from our parents that we need an education and we need to retire earlier.  I'll be the first to say that I don't want to work insane hours to get paid near nothing.  I want to die spending my time with my family, friends, and the love of my life, seeing the world and helping out my community by handing our food illegally to our poor.

"Tyler Durden: Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

All the while we sit here quite literally bitching about communism and bullshit that doesn't matter while our world dies from globalization (via the transport of plants, disease, and insects), climate change (when the military plans for something, best take notice), and ocean acidification.  Everything that makes this world ours is dying out while we squabble over all of this.

Thank God I dropped out of being a government teacher and became a science teacher.  A whole lot smarter because of it (though the sciences are easily 10x's harder).

God dammit why do I keep getting drawn into this....
@[member='reidloS doG'] I agree with you 100% of the way, did you find the silhouette man on reddit or Iwastesomuchtime?

The problem is that our way of thinking on how the world should be governed is conflicting with the past generations. And sadely most people are following the way of thinking that old is better and change could lead to our downfall.

All we can do is wait until the day when we have established out selves as professionals and then we can change the world, for better or worse only time will tell.

On a less serious note, why the hell are you going into teaching, god one of the most under appreciated jobs in America right now?

God dammit why do I keep getting drawn into this....
@[member='reidloS doG'] I agree with you 100% of the way, did you find the silhouette man on reddit or Iwastesomuchtime?

The problem is that our way of thinking on how the world should be governed is conflicting with the past generations. And sadely most people are following the way of thinking that old is better and change could lead to our downfall.

All we can do is wait until the day when we have established out selves as professionals and then we can change the world, for better or worse only time will tell.

On a less serious note, why the hell are you going into teaching, god one of the most under appreciated jobs in America right now?

Either it was ship out of America to do humanitarian work, or get paid a little better being a social worker and spending time with my loved ones.  I have too much history with my family to leave Las Vegas for good.  Also, I get 3 months of in the year.

I agree to a degree that old ways will be a downfall.  The main reason we have such disparities in the country (imo) is because we are so racially, culturally, and educationally diverse.  You would think that a good thing, but old ways die hard and it's EXTREMELY difficult for someone of low income or low birth to raise themselves up to the status of someone that was born of high birth or high income.  Simply put, having someone tell you, "You can make 6 figures" in your life is extremely beneficial.

I found silhoutte man on facebook, surprisingly from a marine that is pretty conservative on everything but public education.