Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Konvict1982

Healthy eating .... Need recipes

So with the change in my surroundings (moved to a new house) I decided it is time to kick some of this weight I have put on to the curb.  I have already lost 10 Ibs in the past 2 weeks just in being more active and cutting back on the portions of food I eat.  I would really like to come up with some healthy food recipes to change up my current diet of baked lemon pepper fish and chicken.

So what does everyone have?  Please keep them simple and using readily available spices and seasoning that i can pick up at the grocery store.

Lean cuts of beef and pork are excellent if you're trying to lose weight, you don't need to only stick to pork and chicken.

A simple way to go is take your favorite steak, such as a striploin, and just trim most of the fat off, grill it in either a George foreman or barbecue and the majority of the remaining fat will cook off.  Combine this with a little pepper rub and you're good to go. Add in just your favorite steamed vegetable, such as broccoli, avoid roots and you're good to go. LEt me know if you want more detailed ideas.

Kale chips. Quick, easy and amazing.

Ingredients

Fresh kale

Olive/vegetable oil

Spices, such as lemon and/or, black pepper, seasoned salt (not really needed), garlic powder,

Put the kale into a plastic sandwich bag along with just a little bit of oil, like a tablespoon.

Close the bag and massage it to get a good oil coating over all of the kale.

Spread out the kale in one layer on a cookie sheet that is lined with foil.

Put it in the oven for roughly 10 minutes at 350.

Enjoy!

The types of spices you use can vary and the length of time in the oven will determine how crispy the chips are. My fiancée and I prefer them softer, with some crispy edges, which is what the 10 minutes produces.

We like to eat them right off the pan (they cool off very fast) and throw more right back in the oven.

Good luck!

- Matt

cut all the soft drink and cut the snacks.

Eat every 2-3 hours (example: 1 slice o bread with some liver pate and pickles)

always start the day with eggs (keep this small)

wok can easily be made with vegetables, fruit and with any kind of wok sauce and so on. 

I'm in a similar position and read something about not eating 'brown' things.  For nearly two months now I've had no, or next to no potatoes / crisps / biscuits / pastry / pies / pasta / fried stuff / bread etc etc

I give myself one day a week when I can have anything I want, then try not to binge too much!

Also I just drink water now, things are starting to happen, slowly but surely.

I am down to 259 and started at 276 ... I walk a 30 min mile on my treadmill every day, I have one glass of soda every morning and drink tea and water the rest of the day.  I start my day usually with a homemade egg, ham, and cheese bagel or egg, ham, cheese, onion, tomato omelet.  Lunch is usually a sandwich with pickle spears on the side and a single serving of whatever is for dinner whether it is chicken, fish, or steak I limit my portions.

I just now had a cheat day this past weekend and had a burger with everything.  

So far after a month of this the main things I have noticed is more energy and actually less of an appetite now.  I haven't really noticed any outward changes as far as noticeable appearance changes but I am happy with the weight loss so far. 

I am down to 259 and started at 276 ... I walk a 30 min mile on my treadmill every day, I have one glass of soda every morning and drink tea and water the rest of the day.  I start my day usually with a homemade egg, ham, and cheese bagel or egg, ham, cheese, onion, tomato omelet.  Lunch is usually a sandwich with pickle spears on the side and a single serving of whatever is for dinner whether it is chicken, fish, or steak I limit my portions.

I just now had a cheat day this past weekend and had a burger with everything.  

So far after a month of this the main things I have noticed is more energy and actually less of an appetite now.  I haven't really noticed any outward changes as far as noticeable appearance changes but I am happy with the weight loss so far. 

Heck yeah keep that up! It will only get better and better. You should keep a folder of before/after pics to compare, because I bet if you did you would see the changes instantly. Moderation is the key :)

-Matt

a healthy meal that my girlfriend made for me. oriental lettuce wraps. very tasty !!!

1 head of iceberg lettuce

1 1/2 lbs ground turkey ( or beef but turkey is a bit better for you )

1 onion, finely chopped

2 celery stalks, chopped

1/2 cup hoisin sauce

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 tbl spoon ginger, minced (powder works but add about 3/4 tbl spoon)

2 6oz. cans of water chestnuts, chopped

3 tbl spoons soy sauce

1/2 tbl spoon asian chili paste/sauce

1 tbl spoon brown sugar

1 tbl spoon sesame oil

4 green onions, finely chopped

mix everything (except green onions and lettuce) into crock pot. cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. add the green onion 30mins before serving. peel lettuce leaves and dribble just a few drops of water on each. cover with wet paper towel if you are not eating right away. add about 2 spoonfuls of the mixture into lettuce leaves, and enjoy

An healthy alternative to rice, potatoes etc is to make mashed broccili.

1: Boil broccoli with salt

2: mash broccoli with some milk (or cream  :rolleyes: )

3: eat!

I haven't made a public forum post since September, for this I will. I see some bad advice in here. If you are SERIOUS about losing weight I will tell you what to do. You must follow it to the letter and I guarantee you will shed weight like crazy. Losing weight is a lifestyle change, not a fad. You go back to old eating habits and the weight will come back twice as bad.

- No starch foods. Starch instantly gets converted to sugar in your body. This includes breads, pasta, potatos, ect. Cut starches out.

- No soda period. PERIOD. Sodium is a high factor in weight gain. You should never exceed 1500mg of sodium a day. Past that your body begins to create insulin to level it which has the side effect of creating and storing fat. Keep your sodium levels around 1000mg a day. 

- Do not exceed eating 1500 calories a day. Watch your numbers and read labels. You can even do 1000 calories or lower if eating the right foods high in protein such as tuna and raw veg. 

- Take a multivitamin and learn to drink tea or water. Green Tea is the best for weight loss and adding artificial sweetness to it is fine. Maybe like 6-8 packs Splenda per tea pitcher. Live off this, you will learn to love it. I CAN NOT stress enough of drinking water/tea over anything else.

- Change your workouts often. Your body will get used to them and the weight loss will stop. You need to mix it up now and then to keep your body guessing. Do more, do less, different routines. Do not let your body adapt to it cause it will.

- Grill chicken, tuna, eggs are your new friends. With tuna NO MAYO. It's full of calories and fat. We do not want to exceed 13g of fat, 1000mg of sodium and 1500 calories a day. Your body burns more calories trying to digest protein. This is a fact.

- You can eat whatever the fuck you want just dont break the numbers. Your soda is sugar and sodium. Consider that soda your dinner. Soda is so fucking bad for weightloss its unreal and diet soda is worse cause of high carbs and aspartame levels. 

- DO NOT EAT AFTER 7PM. EVER. Your body will start to lower its activity through the night storing fat. You won't be as active either. You don't eat by 7, then you don't eat. Period.

- Spice = Motab boost. Like heat? Eat curry. Red pepper flakes on eggs. NO HOT SAUCE! High in sugar and sodium.

- If you think you are hungry 90% of the time you are not. Thirst and hunger feel the same. Slam a glass of tea and wait 30 mins, you will be surprised.

- Avoid white foods like aids. Bread, pasta, dough, potatoes, rice, all of it. Again, starch and sugars. 

How do I know this works? I'm a Sous Chef in real life and shed 65 pounds in 4 months. I am now back to 6'6 230. Not as cut as I once was but that comes with more cardio. Bad late night gaming habits blew me up and I seen the problem and fixed it. I spoke with 3 nutritionists and took their comments and found the common denominators.  I was doing about 500-700 calories a day, living on green tea, Men's One A Day vitamin, working out for a hour and eating 3 times a day on high protein, low cal foods. 

*if you cheat do it once bi-weekly. we are human, just don't make it a habit. look at your cheating day a reward for your hard efforts.

- Change your workouts often. Your body will get used to them and the weight loss will stop. You need to mix it up now and then to keep your body guessing. Do more, do less, different routines. Do not let your body adapt to it cause it will.

This is huge. If your not a work out person don't run out and get a gym membership right away. Start by walking. The reason those work outs like P90x  and Cross fit work is because many people don't work out and then when they start they see great results, but you will get burned out and sore fast. Best to start slow and ease into it.

Lifting light weights is also better then heavy for overall health and fitness. The more you move the more calories you burn. While I agree with Pepsi's post the only thing I would warn is the calorie amount depending on your work out. 1500 is a great number BUT if your always moving and working (Construction, marathon runner etc) that might be low and want to hit the 2000 mark (MRE's have around 3,000 - 4,000).

Funny thing is those Weight Watchers diets just use a easy point system for counting your calories, sodium etc for you. Many times eating good and proper exercise is all you need.