Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
iBrutalChaos

Bikes

Unfortunately I don't currently own one. My first was a 2004 Triumph Daytona 600 I bought upon enlisting into the army. Needless to say I was suddenly very popular with the girls the last two months of my senior year in high school.

triumph_daytona_600_2004_9.jpg

Unfortunately I wrecked it doing some stupid stuff, so now my cousin has it, and he's made it into a naked track bike.

When my dad passed away KTM gave us the 525 exc he was riding on:

328082_268180209876034_4963221_o.jpg

The 50cc belongs to my exwife's son, and it was a blast to.

Had 2 ducati monsters, yes had as I wrecked both of them.. Stopped after the second.. Life's too short...

This was 10yrs ago, maybe need to think it over again, love the new ducati 1200. Edited by caveman70

ah, if i had to choose a race bike it would be a Honda fireblade.. i had for like 2 weeks a Honda CBR900RR while back in the days and it was too crazy to keep.

Now it's a 1000RR and it's a killer machine.

i think the name "fireblade" was only used in EU, not in US and i know why they chose that name :)

Edited by caveman70

ah, if i had to choose a race bike it would be a Honda fireblade.. i had for like 2 weeks a Honda CBR900RR while back in the days and it was too crazy to keep.

Now it's a 1000RR and it's a killer machine.

i think the name "fireblade" was only used in EU, not in US and i know why they chose that name :)

Yeah the us models werent branded as the fireblade my 929 is an RR model and in 2001 they also had an ER model but it was just erion racing livieries and not much else.  As for the Ducatis,  I can only dream of maybe one day touching one lol.  Or maybe a bmw s1000rr those bikes are just plain crazy.

I was thinking a 1000RR. I ride safe and don't do any stupid shit. My buddy used to have a 600RR. Was a sweet bike.

Cant go wrong with a Honda, mine has 45,000 some odd miles and still runs great, burns no oil and the only thing I have replaced are plastics and the stator quit charging for me once, but that is kind of to be expected.  I have noticed that the majority of the time if you show a liter bike proper respect you'll be just fine :)

@[member='DestinedToFlail'] Theres too many bikes out there to suggest one. The most sought after bikes that I have sold are gsxr600, gsxr750, gsxr1000. I have guys looking for them all the time. zx6r, zx10r are the least popular for the main manufacturers.

@[member='caveman70'] my mom had a ducati monster thing was a blast in the curves. Could lean it far enough to drag the pegs :D

If anyone is on the east coast and wants a good place to ride:

totd3.jpg

Is the place to go. Try to hit it up on nonholiday/weekend days otherwise it can be packed, and watch out for the occasional tractor trailer.

Last time I was on it was with my dad right after joining the army and some rice rocket rider low sided and slid his head under a dodge rams tire.

@Full-Tilt-It GSXR 750 is a beast, my buddy had one and it was a blast. Was a little to prone for  taking the front wheel off the ground while coming out of a corner for my tastes though. :p

Edited by Dalriaden

@[member='caveman70'] my mom had a ducati monster thing was a blast in the curves. Could lean it far enough to drag the pegs :D

If anyone is on the east coast and wants a good place to ride:

totd3.jpg

Is the place to go. Try to hit it up on nonholiday/weekend days otherwise it can be packed, and watch out for the occasional tractor trailer.

Last time I was on it was with my dad right after joining the army and some rice rocket rider low sided and slid his head under a dodge rams tire.

@[member='Full-Tilt-It'] GSXR 750 is a beast, my buddy had one and it was a blast. Was a little to prone for  taking the front wheel off the ground while coming out of a corner for my tastes though. :P

Well, it would be nice to do this but need to convince my wife, ask for a vacation, get a flight, rent a ducati and don't break it.. hmmm

There's a lot to do in the area for a visitor @[member='caveman70']. Cherokee NC, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and to a lesser extent Sevierville all have major tourist attractions and are basically the same town. The appalachian trail runs through the area and there is a ton of hiking/canoeing/kayaking to do. If you visit in the fall its gorgeous.

Beautiful-Fall-Colors-in-Gatlinburg.jpg

oh, i would love to do this and i'm sure there's a lot to be seen but have added it now to our long list of to do's @[member='Dalriaden'].. 

And that list is getting longer and longer and longer...  

After reading this thread I feel it creeping again.. maybe buy a bike again but nothing deadly, something more for comfort. (getting older and so :) )

i'm leaning more towards BMW although it will depend on the price because those are very expensive.. but there's no other bike like this for comfort.

R 1200 RT would be nice to have, your bike would kill my back :) 

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html?content=http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/bike/tour/r1200rt/r1200rt_overview.html