Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
ChillliHunter

Your Gaming History?

I've just been chatting to Fry_1337 on TS about our old machines and games, I was just wondering if there are any other 'old timers' on here?  What have you had, What's you're Favourite games?

I'm 40 now and started gaming in 1977

My first machine..

1 - Binatone 1977

1-Binatone-1977_zpsa7b0c6c3.jpg

This had some very simple bat and ball type games but at the time, was amazing!

1-game_zpse1d7d69a.jpg

2 - Atari 2600 1987

2-Atari-2600-1978_zpsfa557802.jpg

The very addictive Q*Bert

2-QBert_zps1d961ab8.jpg

3 - ZX81 1981  This was the first 'home computer' that allowed you to write your own games.  That's a whopping

16k expansion pack plugged in the back.

3-ZX81-1981_zpsda7f731f.jpg

Bomber was one of the better games.

3-bomber_zps0e8c4a66.jpg

4 - Commodore 64  1983.  I wasted years of my youth on this thing.

4-C64-1983_zpsd90d1e5d.jpg

Barbarian had it all for a lad of my age, tits and beheading!

4-barbarian_zpsff842108.jpg

5 - Atari 520 ST  1985

5-atari-520-st-1985_zps7cde72e8.jpg

Wizbal, I used to play this alot, cant remember what it was about though!

5-wizball_zpsabe8d85a.jpg

6 - Amiga 500 1987  The best machine of the 80's

6-Amiga-500-1987_zps9b7fa683.jpg

International Karate Plus  Loads of fun predecessor to Street Fighter. 

6-way-of-the-exploding-fist_zpsfa62d756.

7 - Nes 1989 

7-nintendo-nes-1989_zpsf91dfe95.jpg

Obviously it's Super Mario Brothers, everyone should have played this!

7-super-mario-bros_zpse68e7320.jpg

8 - Super Nintendo 1992

8-SNES-1992_zpse7daba39.jpg

Bomberman, an awesome and adictive 4 player game

8-bomberman_zps4d7e9854.jpg

9 - Playstation 1995  The first machine to use CD's to load games.

9-ps-1995_zps22a44ee7.jpg

Super Puzzle Fighter, another great 2 player game.   I should also mention wipeout, incredible sense of speed and great tunes and Doom, scariest first person ever!

9-super-puzzle-fighter_zpsca610bde.jpg

10 - N64 1997

10-N64-1997_zps80c3b944.jpg

Goldeneye, Myself and 3 mates would play this endlessly.  

10-goldeneye_zps71421414.jpg

11 - Playstation 3  2007

11-playstation-3-2007_zps25ca0136.jpg

GT5, its realistic graphics made this a winner for me.

11-GT5_zps45ff3b97.jpg

Crowing barring itself into  the early 2000's are numerous PC's I've owned and have settled into PC gaming, not touching consoles any more.

I've been a huge fan of the Command & Conquor series despite EA game's doing their best to screw it up.  I was also hooked on World of Warcraft for way too long, maybe the most addictive game I've ever played.

A special mention should also go to Day of Defeat, also known as DoD.  Released in 2003, this was a half-life mod, a first person shooter based during world war II.  It introduced me to clans, Teamspeak, multiplayer online gaming and building great friendships while trying to slaughter each other!  

Dod_zps7c9b0e69.jpg

That pretty much covers my 36 years of gaming and some of my favourite games.  So when you see me in the lockers, go easy on me, my fingers aren't as nimble as they used to be!

I'm 34 but started on the NES. Fond but aggravating memories of Duck Hunt and Top Gun (damn you, you aircraft carrier) came from that system.

Parents then got me an SNES, and to be honest, most of the games I played on it seem forgettable. I can't remember anything specific on it that I enjoyed playing.

Followed by an N64 and I spent so much time playing Harvest Moon 64, it's not even funny. Conker's Bad furday was an amazing title too for the day.

PS1 came soon after and that was when I really started gaming. Metal Gear Solid, Star Ocean: The Second Story and Harvest Moon: Back To Nature are among my favorite titles on it.

I then moved onto the PS2 which I still think was the best console out there. MGS 2 and 3, the Ace Combat series, CoD 1-3 and the Hitman games... oh what system to enjoy playing.

After the PS2, I moved to the PC and have gamed on it since. I won't go back to consoles after seeing the open endedness of gaming on it.

Super Puzzle Fighter, another great 2 player game.   I should also mention wipeout, incredible sense of speed and great tunes and Doom, scariest first person ever!

9-super-puzzle-fighter_zpsca610bde.jpg

Super Puzzle Fighter for PS1 was extremely addictive and fun.   Also a very rare game to find anywhere.

I think the first game I can remember playing was Matterhorn Screamer.

hqdefault.jpg

That, or Chase on Tom Sawyer's Island (essentially a PacMan clone). Both of those were on "real" floppy's!

I also remember Kings Quest IV. When we got our "super fast" computer at a whopping 55MHz, it ran too quickly for the game to handle (monsters ran across the screen before you could respond). You had to hit the "turbo" button to turn it down to 8MHz in order to play.

Also had a number of educational games. One I didn't have, but enjoyed on either my friend's computer or the ones at school was Number Munchers. Had a number of other puzzle games, invention games, etc.

Another floppy-disc game I had but never finished was Eye of Horus. It was pretty intense for a kid, quite difficult (I think now I'd do a lot better...well, hopefully...maybe...) (I think part of the confusion was its level layout was something like Metroid, kind of random in a way). (Now I'm really wondering if there's a way I can find and play this game again...)

I actually have a puzzle fighter disc for PS1 sitting in a box, wicked fun game. I used to collect PSX games as it's my favorite of all the gaming "eras"
I started way back in NEs and Atari days though im obviously not as old school as some folks here.

I personally started playing on my father's Philip Videopack, then had my own ZX Spectrum 16K. The rest is a long list of personal computer including Ataris, Amstrads and IBM PCs/Custom built systems.

I bought a PS3 a few years ago, which serves mainly as BluRay and multimedia player. I barely ever play with it.

I'm 20 years old and I started with Counterstrike source back in 2005-2012 then moved to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on its release did competitive in that same as css then moved to the battlefield series starting with BF3 and so on and have done comp in all 3 games.

First game I played on a computer - Sea Stalker on a Tandy TRS-80. Booted it up with a 5.25" floppy and then had to switch floppy disks to run the game. Also spent a good deal of time farting around with Logo mouse and creating little light/sound shows with basic functions on there when I was about 6. I remember going to classes with my dad held by Radio Shack (who sold the Tandy) on how to use it and we sat it in the back of the room while I played around instead of paying attention  :Eating Zombie: . I'm pretty sure my dad didn't grasp onto it that well but I was hooked from then on.

Wow! This brings back some old memories.

I think the first game I played on a computer was summer Olympics on Commodor 64. I seem to remembering a lot of rapid button mashing. The first, 1st person shooter I played was called Zero tolerance. Most of us started gaming before they invented the circle. lol

I haven't seen some of those systems in years. I still have a Commodore 64 unopened in the box, and I keep the atari around just to tell all the kids back in my day....lol

I played the old Nintendo, PS1, and PS2 games, the gaming series i loved the most was "Jak and Daxter"

I play plenty of games including but not limiting; PlanetSide 2, DayZ, Rust, ARMA 2 and 3, Red Orchestra, 7 Days to Die, Blacklight Retribution.....  and plenty more.  I got into gaming by playing COD 5 Zombies on a friends Xbox, then buying my own...  and then having that same friend get me into PC minecraft.  Leading me into all of these here amazing games.