Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
=ADK= warspite

We all knew this was coming... your "smart" appliances hacked!

allright get this, the dial pad went out on my microwave and only the preset buttons worked.  well my girlfriend went to use it and said babe the microwave quit working, i replied no, you pissed me off so i set a lock on it. she said fuck you now the kids cant eat. and on and on and on untill i fanally told her.  i even pressed a bunch of buttons be for i would hit a preset to futher convince her... you had to be there.

not surprising, anything connected to your network going through your router should be locked down and secured. companies need to make their "smart" devices better with proper security, or people need to learn to setup their hardware firewalls properly on their router. this is why network security (my business) is the future and why more people need to be aware of these issues

it's funny but it's scary at the same time, your fridge is part of a botnet... when you ask "why is my internet so slow???" :P

I've been waiting for this so long.  First wireless, now the internet of things!?  I'm so excited. Maybe that DDoS on github is coming in part from an army of refrigerators, haha, what an amazing world.

allright get this, the dial pad went out on my microwave and only the preset buttons worked.  well my girlfriend went to use it and said babe the microwave quit working, i replied no, you pissed me off so i set a lock on it. she said fuck you now the kids cant eat. and on and on and on untill i fanally told her.  i even pressed a bunch of buttons be for i would hit a preset to futher convince her... you had to be there.

LMAO, That's hilarious.

Well, Gullible people are hilarious. Although i happen to be one of those people.

Future is scary in some ways ;)

That it is but that may simple just be because it's a change from how we live and how we are used to living and doing things.

We are naturally afraid of change, At least in terms of how drastic that change may be.

I was going to make my entire house wireless and love the locks for the home they have but this is the exact reason why I won't yet if ever. At least opening a bump resistant lock takes some visible effort to anyone going by whereas a hacked door would look like the person fits in with walking right in.

I was going to make my entire house wireless and love the locks for the home they have but this is the exact reason why I won't yet if ever. At least opening a bump resistant lock takes some visible effort to anyone going by whereas a hacked door would look like the person fits in with walking right in.

I have a lot of "smart home" stuff in my home. The way I look at it, if a pro is going that lengths to get into my home, they are getting in regardless. I do my best to keep the place locked down and secure but you can only protect against so much. The chances of being robbed by a tech smart person compared to the average crook is rather slim still.