Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
=ADK= warspite

The Guru of 3D's Mantle Performance Review

Much talk has been made of Mantle as of late.  Here is a review of its performance by one of my go-to tech websites, "The Guru of 3D".

For those of you running AMD GPUs, what have you seen with Mantle?  Is its performance in line with the hype?  Will Nvidia respond with a proprietary API?  Your thoughts...

war

Edited by =ADK= warspite

Ive tried mantle, im running one of the last XFX R7870's (Tahiti LE) and didnt really see any noticable difference, maybe itll work better when i get another card... maybe not :-/

Much talk has been made of Mantle as of late.  Here is a review of its performance by one of my go-to tech websites, "The Guru of 3D".

For those of you running AMD GPUs, what have you seen with Mantle?  Is its performance in line with the hype?  Will Nvidia respond with a proprietary API?  Your thoughts...

war

So i have the HD 7790 and i can say that i have had a sizable increase in FPS. While playing the BF Hardline Beta, my game ran much smoother then with DIrectX 11. With the Mantle API, it doesn't allow for the use of fraps to monitor FPS but with the games built in FPS meter and the overall experience i can see the performance gains!

I feel that Mantle does nothing for my system; however for systems with low-end CPUs and high-end GPUs their is almost no noticeable bottle-necking as I've seen on my cousin's rig.   

I feel that Mantle does nothing for my system; however for systems with low-end CPUs and high-end GPUs their is almost no noticeable bottle-necking as I've seen on my cousin's rig.   

Same here no difference with mantle with 280x oc and i5 4690k at stock, no difference with 1 to 4 boards, no difference in 2-3 screen mode, no diference at all in fps i mean, i get a 10% reduction in cpu usage so a little in temps too(@20-30% cpu usage with only chrome and bf4), and that's all no matter what driver version, i always keep everything daily updated, and edge freak to keep everything updated.

Edited by suckahell