Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
=ADK= warspite

New 120Hz WQHD Gaming Monitor - Push Your Rig to New Heights!

Currently,

I've been unable to find a single 120Hz WQHD ( monitor, but it looks like that will be changing in the near future with the release of Asus' ROG Swift PG278Q.  I can only hope that other vendors follow suit in the near future, as that will help us get the best value for the money.

Although a matter of opinion, I personally feel that gaming at 120Hz looks significantly better than a 60Hz display.  Scenes appear to have more clarity and are more lifelike, the images flow in a more realistic way.  I don't think I would like to go back to 60Hz, now that I've enjoyed 120Hz for a year or so.

On the downside, gaming at 120Hz is significantly more hardware intensive.  When I read benchmarks, minimum and average FPS hold far more meaning than maximum FPS - all other considerations being equal.

I hope I get a chance to play on a 120Hz WQHD (2560x1440), and that other vendors jump on the bandwagon and start churning up some competition.  Reviews will also play a big role regarding my decision to upgrade form 1920x1080 to 2560x1440.

Thoughts/opinions?

war

Edited by =ADK= warspite

I would like one as well, then I could use this one as a work panel, I'm betting that these will get to be more affordable as more manufacturers begin to release competing products.  Also, kind of unrelated to the original post, are the extremely high res monitors worth gaming on as they seem to be slow on response time and frame rates suffer from what I have gathered.  I am not the most technical guy on the planet and I often gather opinions from others to narrow down the things I choose to buy.

I use my Asus VG248QE monitor @ 144hz for gaming while my Samsung Syncmaster 2433 @60hz for everyday tasks.  My gameplay is more fun and enjoyable now I shoul have bought a gaming monitor a long time ago.

@[member='hscott63'] i agree, i picked up the same monitor, amazing. if you haven't heard about it you should look into strobelight and use the light boost hack, made gaming better :) it's knocks the hz to 120 but uses the built in strobe feature of the monitor to smooth the movement in game. check out http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-blur/lightboost/

@[member='hscott63'] i agree, i picked up the same monitor, amazing. if you haven't heard about it you should look into strobelight and use the light boost hack, made gaming better :) it's knocks the hz to 120 but uses the built in strobe feature of the monitor to smooth the movement in game. check out http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-blur/lightboost/

If you're looking for the best gaming presentation possible, I highly recommend checking out blur busters and exploring light boost.

Asus VG248QE monitor @ 144hz i have that one 21inch us going to buy 24inch but one friend of mine told me to buy 21 less lag in the screen

Edited by Genio

@[member='hscott63']

I use my Asus VG248QE monitor @ 144hz for gaming while my Samsung Syncmaster 2433 @60hz for everyday tasks.  My gameplay is more fun and enjoyable now I shoul have bought a gaming monitor a long time ago.

I have the same monitor.  Love it.