Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Pocketx

Hello ADK! My name is Brad, aka, "Pockets"

Hello community! My name is Brad, aka, "Pockets". I am a gamer at heart. To put myself in a few words, I'm:

• Patient
  • Competitive
  • Understandable
  • A leader
  • Takes scenarios with a grain of salt

My favorite genres of video games are:

• Real Time Strategy
  • Multiplayer Online Battle Arena
  • First Person Shooter

Multiplayer Games I like to play:

• League of Legends (Two accounts. Diamond 4 and Platinum 3)
  • Dayz (Just got the game 1 month ago)
  • Hearthstone (Any deck)
  • Diablo 3 (Barbarian and Monk)
  • Garry's Mod (Terror in Terrorist Town)
  • Civilization 5 (Learning the game)
  • Left 4 Dead 2

I am a competitive, but level-headed, gamer. And I am always willing to teach what I know as long as you are willing to learn. I play League of Legends more than anything else. I play competitively at a high level and am always eager to meet other Diamond/High Platinum players.

Thanks for inviting me to this community and I look forward to playing with everyone!

Hello community! My name is Brad, aka, "Pockets". I am a gamer at heart. To put myself in a few words, I'm:

• Patient
  • Competitive
  • Understandable
  • A leader
  • Takes scenarios with a grain of salt

My favorite genres of video games are:

• Real Time Strategy
  • Multiplayer Online Battle Arena
  • First Person Shooter

Multiplayer Games I like to play:

• League of Legends (Two accounts. Diamond 4 and Platinum 3)
  • Dayz (Just got the game 1 month ago)
  • Hearthstone (Any deck)
  • Diablo 3 (Barbarian and Monk)
  • Garry's Mod (Terror in Terrorist Town)
  • Civilization 5 (Learning the game)
  • Left 4 Dead 2

I am a competitive, but level-headed, gamer. And I am always willing to teach what I know as long as you are willing to learn. I play League of Legends more than anything else. I play competitively at a high level and am always eager to meet other Diamond/High Platinum players.

Thanks for inviting me to this community and I look forward to playing with everyone!

Holy moly, bullet points and everything.  My introduction thread didn't look this good, it was simply one picture.  You into Eastern theology or something?  Talking about that Buddhist quote.

Holy moly, bullet points and everything.  My introduction thread didn't look this good, it was simply one picture.  You into Eastern theology or something?  Talking about that Buddhist quote.

I am Agnostic with Christian and Buddhist standards. I was raised in a Christian family, but I later went on to Agnosticism. "There's a higher power out there, but it's undefined" sums up my belief. And the beliefs of Buddhist are so inspiring and self improving; their quotes and standards are very empowering.

Eastern Theology is something I do read on at time and time. It's really good to learn. It allows you to see how spoiled and ungrateful we are, and how much we take for granted.

I don't want to scare anyone off by them thinking "Oh no, he's one of them heavy spiritual people. I gotta be careful of what I say". 

I won't take offense in anything you believe. That's why it's called a "belief". Like the quote from Buddha says;

“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

If you want to believe in God, go for it. If you believe the grass is purple, that's fine. That's what you "believe". I can't force you to believe it any other way unless you choose to.

Edited by Pocketx

I am Agnostic with Christian and Buddhist standards. I was raised in a Christian family, but I later went on to Agnosticism. "There's a higher power out there, but it's undefined" sums up my belief. And the beliefs of Buddhist are so inspiring and self improving; their quotes and standards are very empowering.

Eastern Theology is something I do read on at time and time. It's really good to learn. It allows you to see how spoiled and ungrateful we are, and how much we take for granted.

I don't want to scare anyone off by them thinking "Oh no, he's one of them heavy spiritual people. I gotta be careful of what I say". 

I won't take offense in anything you believe. That's why it's called a "belief". Like the quote from Buddha says;

“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

If you want to believe in God, go for it. If you believe the grass is purple, that's fine. That's what you "believe". I can't force you to believe it any other way unless you choose to.

Whoa boy, thank you for being so honest.  Didn't expect a full out answer.

This is really going to be one sided, but I don't talk about religion or poilitics.  Has really made all of my video game and work relationships great.  Little conflict.

With that said, there is a book by the Dalai Lama called: A Simple Path.  The book is not "simple," because the Dalai Lama has a bigger vocabulary than native English speakers.  I've owned it for 10 years and go back to it from time to time.  Just one of those books.