Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Heaterdude

Razer gaming worth the money?

Been looking for some cool gaming accessories and of course Razer came up. Are the products over hyped and overpriced or are they actually worth the money? I'm thinking a gaming mouse and a mic/headset combo. It's hard to justify spending almost $200 on something like this. Thanks

$200 for a mouse & headset? that's quite a bit on the high side, it depends on what you are buying, the headset must be over $100 for that to reach that amount. I remembered saying in another post that it would be a better idea to spend get a sound card  too if you are spending over $100 on earphones/headset.

I use mostly Razer stuff (keyboard, mouse, mouse bungee, headset, mousepad) and I'd say that they can be a bit overpriced if you pay full retail price. You are looking for a mouse however, so you might find something that suits your style on the cheap side or on the expensive side.

Previously, I used a Razer Salmosa for gaming, then I switched to a microsoft intellimouse because it felt more comfortable. After it died, the closest mouse that came to it was a Razer Taipan. I could have gotten the DeathAdder but it felt a little to big for me.

@[member='IIGodHanzoII'] I use a Logitech G100 right now but i want to know if upgrading to a different mouse if i would even see a difference

Well, the only real differences you'd see are higher sensitivity ratings (with laser or some other technology) mouse weight, ergonomics and extra buttons for additional functions.

If you are comfortable with the mouse that you have right now and already accustomed to the sensitivity of the DPI setting, I wouldn't switch until your mouse breaks or dies. The Razer Taipan goes up to 8200 DPI (which I never use) but I still keep it at around ~2000 or ~3000 DPI depending on how I currently feel at the moment. I mostly use it because I feel the ergonomics and weight give me a good balance for control.

What I would invest instead is in a good gaming mouse pad. If you use the crappy woven office mouse pads, you'll see a heck of a difference in dedicated gaming mats. I used cloth mouse pads before I switched to a Razer Goliathus pad and I immediately felt a difference. I would recommend if there is a computer store near you that allows you to get a feel for a mouse pad to bring your logitech mouse and just test it out before buying.

Overall I think Razer makes good products.  I think they are a little higher priced but if you find them on sale they are  generally worth it.  I used to have a Mamba wireless mouse and, once I got used to the style, was pretty awesome.

I use the Razer Death Adder 2013 mouse and like it very much.  It's light, quick, and suits my "claw" grip style very well as I can pick it up and move it very easily.  I like its lightness b/c for me, it moves with little friction across the mouse pad and stops where I want it to (low inertia).  I also use the Razer Goliathus "control" mouse pad (sorry AOB) and it works pretty well.

I also have a Razer Black Widow Tournament Edition 2013 tenkeyless keyboard (Blue Cherry MX mechanical switches).  I like it a lot as well, but I wish it had Cherry MX Brown switches (to make it quieter).  The blue's key action is similar to the brown switches, which strikes a nice balance between gaming and typing.

I think Razer makes decent products and I'm pretty happy with what I have now.

war

Edited by =ADK= warspite

I dont like Razor much to be honest.

I prefer MadCatz Mouse M.M.O 7 and Logitech Keyboard G710. Simply because they are better processed

I had a lot of razor and everything broke after a few months.

Edited by Rampage

I dont like Razor much to be honest.

I prefer MadCatz Mouse M.M.O 7 and Logitech Keyboard G710. Simply because they are better processed

I had a lot of razor and everything broke after a few months.

nerd rage much? just kidding  :rolleyes:

Maybe I just got lucky with Razer hardware, my blackwidow keyboard withstood quite an abuse since BF3 came out

The only Razer that went bad for me was the Razer Mako. T'was a sad day when I finally had to dispose of them. I replaced them with logitech Z623

nerd rage much? just kidding  :rolleyes:

Maybe I just got lucky with Razer hardware, my blackwidow keyboard withstood quite an abuse since BF3 came out

The only Razer that went bad for me was the Razer Mako. T'was a sad day when I finally had to dispose of them. I replaced them with logitech Z623

I only had one good experience with razer so far. Razor Naga Molten was the best mouse i ever had. R.I.P 25.12.2013. 

The primary issue I have with razor is price, you get more bang for your buck from logitech or steelseries (keyboards) I've been using the logitech m400 for a quite a while now and I love it, I just upgraded my keyboard to a SS 6gv2 and as of right now I am a convert to mechanical keyboards.

I only had one good experience with razer so far. Razor Naga Molten was the best mouse i ever had. R.I.P 25.12.2013. 

I have always had good experience with Best Buy replacement plans. Just this last weekend I spilled my soda on my keyboard. Took it in, told them that the keyboard was acting up and they swapped it out. Because I used reward zone certificates when I bought the keyboard, the "return" of that money had to get exchanged some how and they ended up paying my 6.50 to give me a new keyboard and with another 2yr replacement plan.

Get something you like the feel of. I got the Black Widow keyboard after I tried a mechanical keyboard and loved it. My cousin followed me

Love my razer naga, my razer carcharias echos for other people in ventrillo, which I've heard is the headset from people who know others with the same one and it does the same thing.

Big fan of my roccat ryos keyboard, just need to figure out what to use the thumb buttons for.

Edited by Dalriaden

Bought a Razer Deathadder for cheap cause I had a discount, thought I might as well try it for $43.

I could not use the thing for my life. Did not enjoy the ergonomics of it, I like the mouse buttons independent of the rest of the body, not just one huge piece. It fit my hand weirdly and I couldn't get used to it.

That all being said, the mouse is built well, and texture wise it is enjoyable.

I instead returned it, went back to my generic wired microsoft mouse which now is starting to die. 

Did I notice a performance difference? Yes. the High DPI played with my sensitivity insanely, went from maxed out sensitivity to about a quarter? 

Did it run better? probably, but I didn't feel like spending the $44 on it when it didn't improve my gameplay that much, and I have a second microsoft mouse sitting in my bedroom that I got for free. 

Ive used numerous products from them from keyboards, mice, and headsets. Alot of the products feel kinda cheap and break easialy for the price you are paying for them imo. Only thing I like from them thus far is the deathadder.

Ive used numerous products from them from keyboards, mice, and headsets. Alot of the products feel kinda cheap and break easialy for the price you are paying for them imo. Only thing I like from them thus far is the deathadder.

I thought I posted something similar but I don't see it. . -_-  maybe it's in another topic.    But I agree. .headsets for example.   Great sound, etc, etc. . But they are cheap and do break easily.  I want something that will last and has some durability; even if the sound isn't PERFECT.   

If you are looking to spend as much as $200, you should consider a pair of actual headphones and an external microphone instead of a headset. Razer's reputation is overhyped. From their DRM-like mouse software to their gimmicky marketing, Razer is definitely something to be wary of.

I thought I posted something similar but I don't see it. . -_-  maybe it's in another topic.    But I agree. .headsets for example.   Great sound, etc, etc. . But they are cheap and do break easily.  I want something that will last and has some durability; even if the sound isn't PERFECT.   

I've got the razer carcharias headset and it's been pretty good, the only weird issue is if someone talks over me it gives an echo which I don't understand. Teamspeak and ventrillo are both set to the headset so it makes no sense it echos the other person.

Razor is just a pretty name to me, much like Beats. Sure, the job is performed, might even be above average. But beware there are some Razer horror stories out there.

I'm very much into keyboards, and i hate the audible click effect of blue switches lol. I'm more into the red/black style and I own a steelseries tank of a keyboard with blacks. love it, never turning back. My headsets break too often to invest, always get my cords stuck in my chair wheels :(

I had a razer mouse a few years ago, but my wife couldnt use it so I returned it.

Once I had enough computers to have my own gaming machine I went shopping for one again, but it seems that they are all for smaller hands now.

I dont think the keyboards/headsets are worth the price though.