Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
bucknut2006

The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug

I'm getting more and more upset with Mr. Jackson as the series rolls on. The movie departs from the book on so many unnecessary points, and cuts out material from the book for no real good reason, only to replace it with stuff that never was in the book. Quite frankly, the elf/dwarf love triangle is unnecessary, boring, and misses the point of the story. The Bard and black arrow thing is ridiculous, and is changed for no good reason, adding nothing to the story. I was also super irked about the Arkenstone bit near the end. They're seriously screwing with how the whole Arkenstone thing went down, and I'm really afraid that this is going to carry into the third movie and totally screw up the main moral of the Hobbit.

I'm considering mailing Peter Jackson my copy of the Hobbit, as I'm beginning to wonder if he actually read the book.

I am totally ok with any of the additions to the movies that tend to explain the bigger picture of what was happening in middle earth at that time. I very much agree that there is absolutely know shortage of story that would justify adding subject matter that is not a part of the original world.

I'm getting more and more upset with Mr. Jackson as the series rolls on. The movie departs from the book on so many unnecessary points, and cuts out material from the book for no real good reason, only to replace it with stuff that never was in the book. Quite frankly, the elf/dwarf love triangle is unnecessary, boring, and misses the point of the story. The Bard and black arrow thing is ridiculous, and is changed for no good reason, adding nothing to the story. I was also super irked about the Arkenstone bit near the end. They're seriously screwing with how the whole Arkenstone thing went down, and I'm really afraid that this is going to carry into the third movie and totally screw up the main moral of the Hobbit.

I'm considering mailing Peter Jackson my copy of the Hobbit, as I'm beginning to wonder if he actually read the book.

Just like Game of Thrones. Nuff Said

i am a big LOTR fan and the hobbit series is living up to expectations in my opinion. The story is great and the fight scenes are still good. Sméagol is carrying LOTR movies on his hunchedback lmao.

I have a Review in short terms AWESOME. It has the perfect blend of anticipation and action. my favorite quote would be "I am fire....I am death"  by smaug in his sexy voice.

This was an awesome movie.  I know they do it on purpose but i really disliked the cliff hanger.  After this one you just know the 3rd one will be amazing

I hate the cliffhangers, I should have learned my lesson after the first LOTR triology and waited for all 3 to be out before taking up watching them.. Nope.. didn't learn my lesson this time either.

I'm happy with The Hobbit thus far. I think some good parts of the book are missing, but compressing a book into a movie always costs some level of inclusion for what we feel should be included. I also loved LoTR. I will not watch them again until all of Hobbit is completed for the story to flow properly. I can be patient, I think, and wait. No choice I 'spose.

I am frustrated that they released the collector's edition and now are releasing the extended edition. As if the movies didn't make enough, now they come up with 50 different "other" versions, Unrated, extened, unrated extended, collectors, collectors unrated....etc. Talk about milking your customers. They do it as they know plenty of millions of folks are stuck on stupid on certain movies, especially those that get wrapped up in fantasy, and will buy every version that is released. I have the collectors edition and will buy the extended edition. I enjoy extended editions for certain movies as it extends the experience while watching, hopefully hitting some good plotlines or other story marks that really should have been included in the first place.

I can't wait for the next movie here shortly. I am to be there ready to watch.

I'm going to be the curmudgeon for a moment here.  I just couldn't enjoy the Hobbit movies at all.  This is one of my favorite books and it just threw me out of any enjoyment of it when I saw how far from the book they strayed.  Radagast riding a forest sleigh?  Really?  He was a one line mention in the book and they should have left it that way.  I won't be watching this at all. 

I also totally agree with Tully on the different releases they're doing. 

./Kicks Peter Jackson in the shin