Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• AOBLXIX

Battlefield F.A.Q. [Please Read]   04/18/2016

After multiple questions coming up that were about the same topic we have decided to create a little F.A.Q regarding some of the most talked about topics. Please make sure you read EVERY question and answer. First thing's first, please use the search feature before you ask a question because it might have been answered already: CLICK HERE TO USE THE SEARCH FEATURE Q. I've been banned what do I do? A. Visit the "Ban Info" menu at the top of the page and click that appropriate link that relates to your ban. Then make sure you fill out the form properly after reading the guidelines to submitting a ban dispute Q. What do I do if someone is hacking? A. If you are in game you can report said individual using @report 'playername' REASON HERE If that doesn't help you, you can always submit a ban request by visiting the "Ban Info" menu at the top of the page and clicking the appropriate link Q. Can I submit a request for a new server, or a smaller special server? A. Sure but to put it bluntly most requests have been made already so rather than making a request that has already been made you should visit THIS LINK. That link talks about how we can go about getting more servers and what needs to be done to get those. Q. Well why don't you change some of the servers that you have now to those special servers? A. Because we have those servers as they are what stay full and are the easiest to keep populated. Just because 5 people like something doesn't mean that it's a smart option to keep a server that those 5 people think is a good server. Q. Why don't you change the ticket counts? A. Ok this is where you need to start realizing that the admins at ADK have been running servers for well over a combined 20 years if not more. We promise we're not going to do something that won't work and if we do happen to do that we have our admins making sure that we try to provide the best servers possible for as many people as possible. We love suggestions but when the suggestions are made that make us seem like we don't know what the heck we are doing that's when it's a little overboard. Again just because you and your buddies like something doesn't mean it's a great idea for a large gaming community as the server won't stay populated and pay for itself. We do want to start bringing more of those to the community, but please refer to the answer of the 3rd questions where a link was posted regarding different servers and how to make it happen. But to answer this question some, on certain servers like our BF3 TDM, it is meant to be a quick round server where you have a match that ends quickly. Some people don't want to play a round that goes on for 30 minutes, and a lot of people have enjoyed it. And again our admins do look at servers and how they are doing, but don't forget just because a few people want something doesn't mean everyone wants it. Q. How come I can't use explosives in a no explosives server but everybody else can? A. In actuality those individuals aren't supposed to either, but they are choosing to break the rules We are humans and unfortunately we aren't perfect to catch everyone. But our admins do the best that they can to be perfect and we have our auto admin in place for no explosives, but it comes down to rules are rules. If you choose to break them and you get in trouble, that is your fault and there is nobody else to blame. You can make reports and if admins aren't in the server they will go over them to see those who break the rules often and will deal with them. Just because an admin isn't in the server doesn't mean that we aren't looking at the reports. Q. Why don't you have servers that have multiple expansion maps on them? A. Because they are quite difficult to maintain unless you have people willing to be in the servers and make sure they are populated day in and day out. Please refer again to the link in the answer of the third question as this relates to that. If we have people who are going to make sure that these servers will indeed stay populated then possibly but so far we haven't been able to get that. In the past we've done B2K which a lot of people were begging for an it went nowhere. Q. There's someone cursing and using racist remarks in the server, why haven't they been banned? A. Because the reality of it is nobody will ever be happy, these are not remarks that you will see any admin using but we aren't going to police everybody and what they say. What one person might find offensive, the other person might not. So if we remove a few words then we'll need to remove all words that people find offensive. Now if the individual is spamming constantly and/or just being a troll about it you can always submit a ban request and let us know what was happening. Admins will then look over it to see what action needs to be taken. Q. Why don't you kick people who have a high ping? A. In reality high ping doesn't cause as many problems as a lot of people think. Admins have been talked to about how to handle something that is absurd but they will not kick someone with a 150 ping because people are complaining about them. We have members from all over the world and we're not going to limit what servers they play on. Someone's high ping to a server does not cause a server to lag. If the server is lagging it'll be everyone noticing it. BUT if there are only a few individuals who are complaining about lag, it's more than likely an issue with their connection to the server. The best thing to do would be do a tracert to the server, but most people don't want to believe that they might have an issue on their end or somewhere between their house and the server. And the reality is that there could be an issue that someone is seeing. There are plenty of posts about ping in the servers so feel free to do a search to look them up. Q. Why don't you just disable weapons that you can't use in the no explosive server? A. Don't you think we would have done that if it was possible? :) Q. Why can't I dispute a ban after 2 months? A. If people cared so much to play on our servers after a perma ban, they would come and dispute within the first 2 months. We feel 2 months is more than enough time to dispute a perma ban. Q. Why don't you have anything besides 64 slot servers? A. Again refer to the link in the answer to question number three. But long story short, it's not easy to keep small number servers populated as often as possible when we have as many servers as we do. Due to the fact that you could lose 15 people at a time in one game, there goes half the population of the server which could indeed empty the server. So if it's wanted we need people willing to put in the time and effort to do such and to make it so that there is always a queue for the servers. Q. Why does it seem like you guys get frustrated when people ask certain questions? A. Seriously though, it's because they are normally questions that have been answered multiple times and most of the time it appears that the question wasn't thought about in the manner of "Hey I wonder if anybody else has posted about this." Unlike Battlelog where things normally get hidden and admins don't respond, we do see pretty much 99% of everything that is posted without it getting lost because of the fact that we have admins for each particular section of the community. And those admins do make sure that we respond to topics where someone might have a question. So with that last question being answerd, please just take 10 seconds to browse the forums and search to see if your topic has been discussed before you go and make a post. If it's not too old or hasn't been answered feel free to leave your input but a lot of the same questions are coming up over and over. Ping, ping, ping, why can't I use explosives, ping, ping, can we have more servers, why can't we have these maps, why do you only have like 200 tickets on the TDM server, 64 players is a lot of people to have on a server, where are the expansion maps, why is this person using curse words and racist remarks and hasn't been banned yet. As always we do appreciate and ask for suggestions but most of the questions that we see over and over have been answered and could be answered for you by making a search on the forums. Thank you for your support of the community and as always we will continue to provide the best possible gaming experience on our servers for as many people in the world.
TurnedToDust

The way it is. I guess.

Now I may be new here, A few of you I already get along with quite well and we have a blast playing together.

And I openly want to play that same way with the majority of the guys on the battlefield.

And I do understand that you generally like to play with certain people.

But to just drop someone without saying anything, in game or even on TS, Kind of stings.

"Hey guys I just opened up squad X " ..... -watches every adk member in his squad leave-

Yeah.. I'll just leave it at that.. :/

Edited by TurnedToDust

Hopefully it wasn't intentional.  I know in general that sometimes I will be playing and next thing I know my squad is just me.  The focus on clan play is really lacking in BF4 and I think that's the bigger problem.

why did you not join the squad that was opened up? this happens all the time and it even happens to me. its nothing personal like you are taking it. trust me its not personal

Why would I join the squad that opened up, When I was already leading one that was full?
I just see that there are some certain circles drawn and it is a bit disheartening.

Might as well be the 'FNG', Or get called a pubby like I did when I was applying.

Hard to feel welcome when you think you're starting to get a squad going or start playing with members that you have not before.

and you get dropped because you are nobody, because everyone knows the other person opening a squad.

After all that. I can't even find the heart to speak on teamspeak.

I may be 'whining' about this but it was the reason I joined into ADK, was a place to feel welcome and have a good time with people.
Not to just be a 'Pubby'.

I usually leave a random squad and join an ADK one because everyone is in TS and it just makes squad movements and planning that much easier.

I also detest using the in game VOIP but thats from years and years of xbox live morons. 

edit: 

I really hate saying this, but more often than not I end up getting pissed off by some random people I get squaded up with. Like I had one time where this one guy would take the attack boat, give all his gunners the worst possible angles of fire (lined up perpindicular to our target island about 150 m away, with nothing left or right)...we ended up getting killed by some lock on missile fired from crazy distance away. Or the guy that decides to set a bipod lmg up right next to you when you are sniping at 400m and he just blazes away not hitting jack shit. 

Frankly, I like playing against other members more than playing with them...Nothing better than landing a sick shot with an rpg and hitting a helo filled with other ADK members and hearing them all yell over TS. 

also, a lot of it could be the join in autobalancing. I know more than once Ive joined in on someone, their squad is full, and then someone in it leaves and bam I'm swapped out in a new squad without manually doing anything. Most of us have someone like @Pepsi as a friend and usually just join him right off our friendslist. Doing so puts us in an autobalance que and throws us right in his squad if there is an open space. I personally always forget to stop the autobalancer once I join the game. 

Edited by darth boog

@[member='TurnedToDust']

That sucks. Though people will go where they will.

When I played BF3 all the time, I always ran in some random pubbie squad. Never really cared were though I was just bulldozing over people....

I do get what you are saying though as you wanted to join for a certain reason. though its hard to stop a click if there is one. Some people really like playing together though in common courtesy most people should stay with an ADK squad.

If you're going to take things like that personal then of course you're going to have a bad experience.   Shoot I've had ADK members in my squads leave to go join another, and I've left squads that ADK members were in to go join others most of which didn't even have ADK Members in them. 

So should I be taking it personal when people leave my squad because I'm the founder and I should want everyone to be in my squad?     Or should other people get upset at me when I leave their squads?    No, because of the fact that we game for so many hours that it happening shouldn't be something that makes you look at the overall community in a negative light.   

And plus maybe those people that were in your squad have been waiting all day, or even all week to game with that individual.   There's so many factors that could have been involved that I don't see it as being something that should be taken personally. 

Not  trying to take anything personal, just want to be a part of the group and have a good time with everyone else.

but just get this feeling of 'no one wants to play with me'
It's even been to the part where I've sat on teamspeak, trying to get a squad interaction. Or even for the heck of it go populate an empty server. and I get almost zero response.

But this is something I will have to get accustomed to, and thank the couple of people that do recognize me on ts and get a groovy time going on the battlefield.

@[member='TurnedToDust'] Anytime you want to squad up let me know, i am with you.  

Dont take it personally, it is not in anyway against you, some people do like playing with others.  They are in TS together, someone comes in and says what team are you guys on, a few say like RU or US, and they stay there are making a squad come join.  A lot of times I dont even pay attention to what squad i am in or who i am with till we do something like that.  

But like stated above, try not to take it personally (it is not meant that way, and trust me when i say that i am alone a lot of the time too because of people creating squads and them getting full before i can join), and time you are on and you see me come join me, I wont leave the squad.  

Not  trying to take anything personal, just want to be a part of the group and have a good time with everyone else.

but just get this feeling of 'no one wants to play with me'
It's even been to the part where I've sat on teamspeak, trying to get a squad interaction. Or even for the heck of it go populate an empty server. and I get almost zero response.

But this is something I will have to get accustomed to, and thank the couple of people that do recognize me on ts and get a groovy time going on the battlefield.

i dont know if i was in your squad today but i know that my squad was full of adk members and couple of us switched to the other team cause of the face rape we did and we had all the points and we tried to make the teams even. I was told to switch team. Half the time i play with pubs unless an adk member ask me to join the squad up. I hope it wasn't you we left behind and not make u feel welcome.

Lot to be said about "lone wolfing" too.....That way you don't have to play with people who would do that in the first place....People will be people, and sorry that happened to you, but you are welcome...It has nothing to do with not wanting to play with you......just find a squad or don't and hang with it....people will come around or they won't, but I don't think people really look at who's in their squad that much...I know I don't....some just have to be the "Ace Squad" and try to stack their squads accordingly for a digital ribbon and points....Just enjoy yourself and things will come in time....you'll probably end up jumping squads yourself at times to get the right perks set up.....No one wants to be squadded up with a squad of all snipers or bipodders...Enjoy yourself is the key and don't let it get to you...

hate to say, but tl;dr for a lot of it. Here's my 2c:

Yes, it sucks when your squad leaves you... but you're still on TS with everyone and still on the same team. Having a squad to play close with is nice, but speak up in TS and coordinate. Most of the time, from my experience, ADK or pubs in squads don't listen to or even have in-game VOIP turned on. When you see me on, I do use igVOIP, but it does get confusing with TS and igVOIP at the same time. Just look for the activity indicator when squadmates are talking. 

So long as you're all playing together, don't let the squad thing get to you. People are still getting to know you and that you're in ADK. Give it all time and make no snap decisions. This is all just supposed to be amusement. Letting yourself get riled up is kind of silly. Just have fun and don't over-think things.

Being in your squad for 30 seconds as I hopped from a total pub squad to a 1 adk and rest pub-filled squad before switching to the "new cool squad", then you making a beef in game, in teamspeak chat, in teamspeak, and now here, I just have to say....come on dude...No one voted you out of office, no one mutinied...it's not a big deal. Some of us run tight together, daily, and trying to push back against a baserape and even out the game for everyone, that's priority. There was even a spot for you in squad and asked you to join in...

I re-read your first post. No one dropped you from your squad either. There was a few minute long discussion as well in TS...

Edited by Pepsi

I always enjoy playing with you Dust. Have some good times :D . I wouldn't take it personal though. Some of these guys have been playing a long time together I am sure. As long as your in TS and still know what's going on its all good. I enjoy playing with these guys. I have had my ass handed to me by a lot of them. Just enjoy yourself and do what you need to. I think noxnoctus could have done without that hurt feelings report. Doesn't show to much respect. I don't think he was whining or crying about the situation. He was just saying his 2 cents. Just wanted some information on why it happened that's all.

Sorry, had to look back and make sure I'm recalling it right. I was the only other ADK member in squad with you I think

wat_zpsba386e7e.jpg

I don't mean to come off as crass. We've played together a bunch, you're good people, but you're making a mountain out of a molehill

Edited by noxnoctus

Was a different timing nox, And it never was directed at anyone personally :) 
I'll openly admit I took it to heart right away and am not 'gunning' for anybody. Just felt like I was a nobody at that point in time.

But guess what.. I AM! lol, I just got to realize I myself have to make the effort.

Old shit in the past. 

Now let's play some games.

TurnedtoDust (and anyone for that matter) - friend me in battlelog and let's go kick some ass. :P

I was playing on the ADK servers this weekend but on TS was pretty much just lurking. 

FNG here as well - welcome to the party. :)

my first experience with adk was joining teamspeak when we used to have a metro explosive server. i joined before a match started and the match quickly turned to a baserape at A. dynasty was in game and i noob tubed him from inside uncap through a building window.  he raged in channel for like 5 minutes about how he was killed by a noob with no skill all while not knowing i was in channel. to this day he still calls me a noob and we go back and forth at each other in a fun way. this never would have happened if i didnt challenge dynasty after he was done raging. you have to make an effort to speak up in teamspeak and be known. if you are a quite person then you have to accept the fact that people are going to look over you or walk on you. we dont know you unless you talk.  it seems to me like you thought that as soon as you started flying adk tags that you would instantly get respect from fellow players and they would immediately squad up with you. thats not true. i hardly ever squad up with adk members unless i am asked to join. i normally join player at the top of the scoreboard or who are pushing an area of the map i want to push.

and no I didn't think that soon as I got the tags I'd get respect. To get respect you have to give it first and earn it as well. And that is what I'll work towards :)

I'm confused... why is this all still being discussed? Can't we just move on and let it all be done. 

How about we all just play together and be happy again :)