Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Sign in to follow this  
desdiinova

Good News :D

Just got back from my interview, and all I really have to do is pass my drug test next week (going to) and I'll be set. It pays pretty well and I'll be getting a lot of hours, so within the next month or two I'll be able to start helping with the server and such, considering AOB's recent thread. Also really nice because I'm hurting for money really bad right now.

Only thing that sucks is, I don't know how I plan on pulling the money for gas until my first check (which will be two weeks after my first day of work). Place is 20 miles away, so 40 miles round trip, and I get 12 miles to the gallon x.x throw in a 3.59/gallon gas price and my empty wallet, and we have all of the ingredients for some bad news.

[quote name='desdiinova' timestamp='1310594742' post='9802']
Just got back from my interview, and all I really have to do is pass my drug test next week (going to) and I'll be set. It pays pretty well and I'll be getting a lot of hours, so within the next month or two I'll be able to start helping with the server and such, considering AOB's recent thread. Also really nice because I'm hurting for money really bad right now.

Only thing that sucks is, I don't know how I plan on pulling the money for gas until my first check (which will be two weeks after my first day of work). Place is 20 miles away, so 40 miles round trip, and I get 12 miles to the gallon x.x throw in a 3.59/gallon gas price and my empty wallet, and we have all of the ingredients for some bad news.
[/quote]

Great News!

As far as the gas goes I think your only alternative is public transportation or try to get a relative or friend to lend you the money.

You could also pawn something of value for gas money and buy it back when you get paid(class ring would be best.) Edited by FordGTGuy

[quote name='FordGTGuy' timestamp='1310595035' post='9805']
Great News!

As far as the gas goes I think your only alternative is public transportation or try to get a relative or friend to lend you the money.

You could also pawn something of value for gas money and buy it back when you get paid(class ring would be best.)
[/quote]

Well the area I live isn't really populated enough for public transportation. I'm probably just going to have to ask my dad for the money, and then trade vehicles with my sister for the first two weeks since he job is a lot closer. I would sell something but literally, my computer is just about all I have as a personal possession. Family didn't have the money for the class ring at the time. Actually, I told my dad I'd sell him my computer when I buy my new one, so maybe I could just get him to pay me early :3 Who knows, hopefully I can get something to work out though. Thanks however

[quote name='desdiinova' timestamp='1310595306' post='9807']
Well the area I live isn't really populated enough for public transportation. I'm probably just going to have to ask my dad for the money, and then trade vehicles with my sister for the first two weeks since he job is a lot closer. I would sell something but literally, my computer is just about all I have as a personal possession. Family didn't have the money for the class ring at the time. Actually, I told my dad I'd sell him my computer when I buy my new one, so maybe I could just get him to pay me early :3 Who knows, hopefully I can get something to work out though. Thanks however
[/quote]

Pawning =/= Selling,

Think of it as a loan but using a physical possession as collateral, I would much rather you see you lend some money from within your family but if not I'm sure you have at least something worth a tank of gas to pawn.

Well a tank of gas for me is about $125, so just about all I have is the computer.

Well actually, I forgot I have an xbox 360... haven't played it in many a month, I could probably drop that somewhere.

[quote name='desdiinova' timestamp='1310595812' post='9814']
Well a tank of gas for me is about $125, so just about all I have is the computer.

Well actually, I forgot I have an xbox 360... haven't played it in many a month, I could probably drop that somewhere.
[/quote]

What do you drive a F-350 Super Duty?

Nah, an Expedition. I love driving it, I drove 4 couples to prom (well, 3 plus me and my date) the year I went, and everyone fit in just fine xD

Only problem is, as you can see, the gas. Edited by desdiinova

[quote name='desdiinova' timestamp='1310596422' post='9820']
Nah, an Expedition. I love driving it, I drove 4 couples to prom (well, 3 plus me and my date) the year I went, and everyone fit in just fine xD

Only problem is, as you can see, the gas.
[/quote]

Want to know something messed up?

The Crown Victoria I drive gets the same mileage...... lol

[quote name='desdiinova' timestamp='1310598892' post='9826']
I don't even know what that is :3 lol
[/quote]

[img]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/9846/2001fordcrownvictorialx.jpg[/img]

[quote name='desdiinova' timestamp='1310599866' post='9828']
That thing only gets 12 mpg? WTF?
[/quote]

Last full frame large sedan with bench seats and a V8 sold in the United States, weighs over 4000 lbs and was built for highway travel so the city is dismal.

Dude Desdi. . that's great news. . And I'm glad I got a job that's literally MAYBE a mile away. . because I get about 14 MPG in my Jeep. Although I'm still looking for another job. . but this will hold me till I get something else

Glad to hear you got the job though it's definitely been a rough time for a lot of people. So congrats!

I beat you all then.. I drive an 02 explorer XLT.. I get usually 18ish but I drive mostly hwy now.. when I chill with my friends and we drive reckless its 12. Lol

Why don't you ditch the expedition, grab an ex.. and save some money^ _^

those smart cars are hilarious.. if anyone wants to go 'smartcar hunting' one day, holla at me. Basically, what we'll do is get about 4 or 5 of us together and find a smart car sitting at a red light.. then we'll rush it and carry the thing off with our bare hands to a dumpster or something (and the driver still in it of course).

[size="1"]WARNING: This was a joke - don't try this at home[/size]

I love that plan.. its better than me driving past a gas station with hondas and the like and yelling" next time you should buy a fuel efficient car" while im in my friends durango. Lol