Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 

I've been playing on the server for a little while now, just now signed up though, so I figured I might as well post a little stuff about myself here as well. Where to begin...

Well, I'm 18. Graduated school this past... May? Or early June? I remember a 28 in the date, so it must've been May. Oh, I have a [i]terrible[/i] memory xD. Ohmm... had a job at McDonald's for like 5 months, but I quit there because they were giving me 9 hour shifts with zero breaks. For srs. Right now I'm looking into going to work at one of two places that pay double what I got at McD's :D Humm... I just got a new computer. I wubz it <3 I mean, it's budget as hell, but it still manages to run Crysis 2 on maxed settings 1920x1080 :3

I think that's probably enough wall-of-text for one paragraph. Now then, I'm going to take a year off from school, just as a little break. Doesn't 12 years straight earn me SOMETHING?! D: no one else seems to think so... Anyways, after that I'm debating going to college for something pertaining to either networking, computer science, or software/hardware stuffs. Oh, I just realized I went and bought $8 of breakfast for myself and now I only have $30 til I get a new job. Add to that driving an Expedition and the current gas prices and I want to cry DDDD:!

Let's see, let's see... I've been playing a lot of TF2 lately, I used to get bored fast, but nowadays I've got an ossum (awesome) group of people to play with, so I've been on that a lot more. Other than that, I play MW2 (dun like Black Ops), Rock Band (drumssss), Crysis 2, Minecraft, Terraria, and Portal 1 and 2. I'm pretty sure my WoW and RIFT memberships just ran out... thank god... Oh, and I may be absent for a few weeks around 11-11-2011 *COUGH COUGH* Skyrim *COUGH COUGH*

Oh, right, as far as I know (other people telling me), my mic is a piece of shit. So that may be a problem until I can afford a new one. Not only is it older than this computer (just a month), it's older than the last computer (many years) too haha. At this point I really can't think of anything. It's 9:42a.m. and I still haven't slept, that's my excuse. Oh yeah, I live in Indiana. And since I don't really care whether or not people know where I live, I live in Princeton. Well not REALLY, but the town I live in is 3 miles away and has like... what, 100 people in it? It's tiny. So I just say I live in Princeton.

There's a small chance that I won't be in voice chat the coming few days. Smaaaall chance. It's rather personal, but it involves a rather lengthy relationship that went bad last night... well... tonight kinda? The 26th. There. Anyways.... yeah. Oh well, that stuff isn't for internet talk anyways. I just realized how fucking long this is. So I guess I'm just going to stop it here.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

You sound like an interesting fella.. welcome to the community! I had fun fragging with you the other day in TF2. Hope to see you around and on TS3!

[quote name='TheLedStone' timestamp='1309223630' post='9081']
Is it true that working at McDonald's can make you hate fast food? Since get to see how the food is "made" and stuff.
[/quote]

Nah, I still get breakfast from there every time I'm awake that early, and I still love their chicken wraps :3

Sorry if the response is late, I was at a party last night so I couldn't really get online lol

Glad to see you Introduced yourself Desdiinova... :D oh and[color="#FFFFFF"] =ADK= will not be seeing much of me come 11-11-2011 either...[/color] [color="#00FF00"][size="2"]SKYRIM IS GOING TO BE AMAZING![/size][/color] I am a huge Elderscrolls fan, and I make house mods for OBlivion :D.... But anyways as long as words come out your mic, we are glad to hear from you... :P And if you are going to be gone for an extended period of time just put in a post saying so, so we can know that everything is alright, your just away, and someone didnt sneak in your house and kill you... LMAO :D... Well good luck to you on your JOB search... and cant wait to play with you again in the servers! :D

[color="#FFFFFF"][size="3"]P.S. IF AOB IS READING THIS DON'T WORRY COME 11-11-2011, I'LL SHOW UP JUST FOR YOU ALRIGHT... LMAO NO SERIOUSLY THOUGH>>![/size][/color] Edited by Aggressivefury

[quote name='TheLedStone' timestamp='1309223630' post='9081']
Is it true that working at McDonald's can make you hate fast food? Since get to see how the food is "made" and stuff.
[/quote]

I worked there 2-3 weeks when I was 17. I dunno about Desdinova, but the one thing it [i]did[/i] change was how I looked at people in the service industry. I don't think I've been an asshole to one fast food worker in the last 12 years, even if they deserve it.

As far as how the food is made: unpacked from a bag/box, dumped on a grill/in a fryer, served to the customer. Grilled chicken spends a bit of time in the microwave before going on salads/wraps. If it's done during a rush or with an asshole manager, it's done while being passive-aggresively berated until you threaten them physically and quit.

[quote name='A Jockey's Ballsack' timestamp='1309311246' post='9142']
I worked there 2-3 weeks when I was 17. I dunno about Desdinova, but the one thing it [i]did[/i] change was how I looked at people in the service industry. I don't think I've been an asshole to one fast food worker in the last 12 years, even if they deserve it.

As far as how the food is made: unpacked from a bag/box, dumped on a grill/in a fryer, served to the customer. Grilled chicken spends a bit of time in the microwave before going on salads/wraps. If it's done during a rush or with an asshole manager, it's done while being passive-aggresively berated until you threaten them physically and quit.
[/quote]

fascinating.

Yea, it's always unwise to be disrespectful to the person handling your food.

[quote name='jizackson' timestamp='1309312778' post='9145']
fascinating.

Yea, it's always unwise to be disrespectful to the person handling your food.
[/quote]

Man, I hate it when people start gettin pissy at you for no reason. Like a good example: every night at about 1:30 we had to shut our servers down for an hour or so for some reason, I never found out why, but during that time we couldn't accept credit cards or anything, so we were cash-only, and when someone would pull up to the drive thru I'd be like "Welcome to McDonald's, cash only, blah blah blah" and sooooo many people screamed claiming that we never said it was cash only or anything and it's just crazy. Really come to love whenever you get a nice customer lol

[quote name='desdiinova' timestamp='1309322882' post='9162']
Really come to love whenever you get a nice customer lol
[/quote]

YES YES YES!!! Nice customers are like 1 in a million it seems like.

[quote name='AOBLXIX' timestamp='1309326265' post='9167']
YES YES YES!!! Nice customers are like 1 in a million it seems like.
[/quote]

I know right! I definitely treat those customers who are exceptionally nicer better than ones who cop attitudes for no reason.