So what's the story behind your name?

LtNoobslayer

An old post from the old forums once asked the age old question, "What's in a name"?  Or rather more specifically how did you get your gamertag?  Tell us the story of how you came to be known as you are no matter how wild or mundane the tale is.

To start us off, I was a wee lad playing the hit game Star Wars Republic Commando online and got tired of the people using the skill-less weapons like the homing rocket launcher, concussion rifle and those ever evil EC grenades.  So I made a new profile, named him LtNoobslayer and made it my goal to hunt these players down specifically in matches.  The name has followed me ever since that fateful day in 2006 and I have slayed many noobs since; be it by teaching them so they are noobs no longer, or by killing them repeatedly until they rage quit.

• Like 2

Join us on Discord!

Returning member?  Ping me in Discord and I'll reassign your member tags.  Looking to join? Join Discord, makes some friends and get someone to vouch for you, it's that simple

Streaming ADK shenanigans and more on my Twitch

Well, my history is kind of funny. the name "Naruteitor" used to be an old friend nickname in Messenger, and i kinda stole it, started to build more and more accounts until i couldn't control nor delete them cause there were many many users. But hey i'm know as Naruteitor in Google lmao

• Like 3

image.png.52d8366e4d2c5f188c58335a62070a30.pngimage.jpeg.b0154955f9145f9f634598d2d322bfab.jpeg

My old name I used was Xaos or El Xaos Locos. I used it for years in D&D, Diablo, Counter Strike, Team Fortress and many more. Over the years I had people say they liked my name and it got to the point that if I didn't get a game and make my account first, the name was already taken, other than Dark Ages of Camelot I used Ludwig for two or three years. So I did just that when Neverwinter Nights came out and I used the name character and account side.

Some old "friends" from high school and I played on a server ran by two dudes that where gone most of the time due to them going to school full time. I was very active on the forum for the server and gave lots of feed back on the game they had set up, but my "friends" had very different ideas. They are power gamers. They make the best builds and do everything they can to break a game even tricked the DM's into giving out very game breaking items. One day the two DMs messaged another player and I and asked if we could take over the server and the game. I said yes but in one condition. I do it under another name and no one says who I am. So I purchased a second account and a DM's account under the name DMSpooky. The Spooky part is due to my style of story telling in games and DM is dungeon master. For over a year I played a shadow copy of my old character and the DM, which my "friends" did not care for. I even got more of information through other players messages, their messages, and verbally from them at land parties as to why I used quotes around the word friends. 

But anyways the name stuck with other players, making new friends under that name, and so I just kept using it.

• Like 2

Switching games after playing something else for a long time has fun side effects!

"Just going to loot this locker real quick and..."    GRENADE OUT!!!

Telling on myself.  I have a disease called Bi Polar manic depression so Wacko just seemed to fit.  Someone else ended up with Wacko, so I added the engine size of my motorcycle which was 920cc.  Hence Wacko920.  Today where I can I shorten it back to just plain ole Wacko 🙂 .  As my sis would say "Tis me".

• Like 2