Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Grenade_Magnet

What's your occupation?

@[member='KnightsX'] @[member='Area51Brett']

Thanks, but we still have plenty of guys in so worry about them, I got out a long time ago and it's what I always wanted to do. :D

The army was a blast while I was in.

Get it? (I try to be punny.)

Airborne infantry, and thanks to a few to many of these detonating on my truck I'm now a stay at home dad dealing with veteran's affairs:

and that only in the battlefield moment:
FA94E57C-A90C-4B60-BEEC-6C6AE4E80357-286

Hey dal, I've recovered quite a few that were in a similar situation.. Don't have photos though.. It always sticks in my mind turning up to a truck that's so deep the driver is sat on the roof :D

Hey dal, I've recovered quite a few that were in a similar situation.. Don't have photos though.. It always sticks in my mind turning up to a truck that's so deep the driver is sat on the roof :D

Wait, you were the Iraqi that pulled us out of the Tigris with some little Cat dozer? :D

The pic was taken after the canal collapsed and we tried to pull it out with two humvees. It originally slid in sidewise, thank god everyone didn't have mraps at the time or it could have gotten ugly.

Edited by Dalriaden

Wait, you were the Iraqi that pulled us out of the Tigris with some little Cat dozer? :D
The pic was taken after the canal collapsed and we tried to pull it out with two humvees. It originally slid in sidewise, thank god everyone didn't have mraps at the time or it could have gotten ugly.

No I didn't help recover any humvee's the only one I recovered was an m1abrams that got taken out by an RPG :( .. Some of our recovery mechs also grabbed one of the American repair/recovery tracked vehicles.. Don't know what they were called

No I didn't help recover any humvee's the only one I recovered was an m1abrams that got taken out by an RPG :( .. Some of our recovery mechs also grabbed one of the American repair/recovery tracked vehicles.. Don't know what they were called

That stinks the only time I saw any abrams was when one almost ran us over on the long dirt road leading into the base in Telafir(sp) and one did route clearance infront of us as we were leaving Balad/Anaconda.

For now, I'm a student, but I work in two Brazilian youtube channels, one named Gameblast (shows gameplays and etc...4k subrcribers) and Produccine (teach people how to edit and create VFX and edit videos on after effects...13k subscribers)

I am currently an inventory auditor.... basicly I go into retail stores with special equipment and I count how much product that they have in stock.  But I am hoping to switch jobs soon.

Well I have done a bit of everything really. Did a lot of technical stuff in high school (CAD) and the I went to college for Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering. My goal was to work for DARPA on advanced energy research and weaponry. I dropped that, because I didn't feel like spending my life in such an uptight atmosphere.

Next was the Army. Joined and was supposed to be Counter-Intelligence... but I was a year too young so they switched me to Human Intelligence Collector (97E)... basically an Interrogator. Sever family issues made me leave the Army early, and I can't say that's a bad thing looking back. I love the Armed Forces, but hate the bureaucracy, and taking orders from idiots who no longer care about their jobs if they're not in combat. Yeah, I'm jaded... my CoC sucked, and lots of UCMJ laws were broken regarding me in my short time there.

Did various jobs, and then went back to college again for Game Art and Design... til I ran out of money after a while, and that failed too. :( I think that is probably my passion in the end. I'm pretty good with digital art and have a knack for game design. I still do a lot of alpha/beta testing for a company, and know the brother of a guy who helped make the Unreal games.

I spent about a year and a half with a major bank handling property preservation most recently, and had a unique role there that has helped my resume... which got me the job I'm starting tomorrow at a Bioscience company. It'll be doing order processing, helping re-write procedures, and hopefully assisting in their international market. Pay is decent (for a family of 5 with 4 dogs and a cat), but I have high hopes.

When it comes to it, I can do basically anything, test great on everything I test for and am a jack of all trades. I'm great at walking into a job, learning it, and helping improve things afterwards. I just have a hard time being challenged, and getting bored easily when nothing changes. 

I'm a Systems Tech for a rather large ISP. I install and maintain Hi-Cap circuits for medium to large business. For you IT guys..I'm the guy who turns up your Metro-Ethernet service. 

I'm a Systems Tech for a rather large ISP. I install and maintain Hi-Cap circuits for medium to large business. For you IT guys..I'm the guy who turns up your Metro-Ethernet service. 

@[member='Gatorman']

So you're not the guy we blame if the service was to stop working for whatever reason? :P haha

Edited by Joey

Im a SRN and I work the busy shift of the ER department! (nightshift) love it and wouldnt change it for the world... my fiancee, lots have seen him with me on the ADK servers called Guptastu, is a database administrator for a big oil company in Houston! More of a geek than me!!!! Spends his days working on servers, writing scripts, blah blah beyond my pc knowledge blah blah lol

Madcat 

Edited by MadcatBF4

Personal trainer and martial arts instructor here. I specialize in strength coaching and sports performance in mixed martial artists and BJJ fighters, but my bread and butter is weight loss. When people ask why I do all day I usually say I spend it "yelling at the 1%".

Got out the Army in 2011 after 8 1/2 yrs loved it figured it was time to say goodbye when I had my son now I spend my time taking care of the kiddo and running a bar here in my hometown

Currently a senior in high school, but plan on getting a bachelor's in an IT related field (haven't really decided yet). Also, I'm an Explorer/Junior with the local Fire Dept/Rescue Squad and respond to calls with them.

Cable guy here. No relation to larry despite what the kids think! Been doing this for 5 years now and I love it. Not what I'll do forever but for right now it's perfect! I get unfiltered access to people's lives. I mostly work by myself and I get to meet very interesting people on a daily basis. Not many jobs like it!

I work at Microsoft as a Global Critical Situation (CritSit) Manager. When Microsoft's Premier customers call-in for support after they break things, and if it's outside business hours, my team and I manage the cases. CritSits are cases where production services are down, affecting users' ability to work and/or losing the company lots of money.

I plan to go into a support engineer role to actually be able to work on cases as a technical contact, not as a manager. 

-Matt